Dieting with mental health issues?

Yeah I'm the same, PMS is making me crave onion rings and doughnuts just now.

I'm sorry you're feeling low but it's pretty good that you've managed to stick to S.W despite it!

Yeah I'm the same, PMS is making me crave onion rings and doughnuts just now.

I'm sorry you're feeling low but it's pretty good that you've managed to stick to S.W despite it!

It's what keeps me going to be honest; knowing that I'm in control of something really helps lol.

I suffer with various mental health issues. Today I'm feeling particularly low. Not sure how I can cheer myself up since I would usually reach for food when feeling like this but am doing exante!

Hi Pikachu,

I hope you're feeling better today. Did you find anything that helped?

I've had a few days feeling v low so I've only managed to eat my 'stay-the-same' calories (i.e. 2220!!) but I'm hoping to stick to my calorie count tomorrow.

saraphoenix,hope you've had an ok/good weekend?

Hello,

Thought I'd pop my head in, I have functioning anxiety & depression, I'm on 150mg of Sertraline, I totally binge eat, apparently the meds I'm on are also famous for weight gain. Starting WW online Friday.

Hope you are all ok.

Hi all, recently been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and depression. My weight makes all 3 of them worse, I am an emotional eater too and my moods are constantly up and down. I'm currently waiting to be seen by a therapist and hopefully things will get better xx

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm totally an emotional eater too. I can't remember who said it but the best way I've heard it is "you aren't eating to fill your stomach, you are eating to fill a void" It will take time to overcome that but I'm sure therapy will help.

I'm also trying to chew more. Really 'taste' what I'm having rather then shovelling it in without thinking like I normally do.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm totally an emotional eater too. I can't remember who said it but the best way I've heard it is "you aren't eating to fill your stomach, you are eating to fill a void" It will take time to overcome that but I'm sure therapy will help.

I'm also trying to chew more. Really 'taste' what I'm having rather then shovelling it in without thinking like I normally do.

That quote is so true, I'm the same as you when it comes to eating too. I think that's why I'm always hungry, I don't give my brain time to register that I have eaten.

Foods never normally touched the sides. I had braces when I was a teen right up to 17. It hurt most days to chew with them when they were new, I think that's when I started to learn to just gulp it down, then you don't register you are full at all.

Emotionally eating I can Hoover until I feel sick on junk. My therapist said you don't get a bigger dopamine/serotonin boost the more you eat (you peak after 1square) but my brain won't let me believe that!

Hi all

I also have anxiety, depression, a personality disorder and I'm an emotional eater.

It's a big struggle, but I'm really hoping to nip this in the bud this year.

I cannot attend WW meetings due to social anxiety so I am doing WW Online.

Lozzie - I have been on Sertraline too, and it is notorious for weight gain. I ended up having to tell my doctor that it was making me feel worse as my weight was and is a big fuel for my depression - although I don't think I did actually gain any weight on it, although I wasn't weighing myself at the time. How are you finding it?

Selina x

It is hard to say, I've deffo piled on the pounds, but how much of that is the meds is hard to say as I've also had the implant removed due to weight gain, that also wasn't helping.

I don't know any anti D's that don't cause weight gain...

I'd say it's harder to lose too, nearer the end of my 1st WL journey it was hard for sure. I'm also doing weight watchers online :D

Will ask the GP At my next pill review:)

I was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic age 17, I'm 40 and i have autism , had some bad times, it's all recovery now ... been 9 yrs since i was in hospital, married, producing a play...

not exercising again yet but waiting for a jawbone to arrive in the post..
quit smoking quit sugar.

commitment : 10 years with no sugar

The only thing i can suggest is to just get out there
you have to do it when it's difficult, so that it one day becomes easy

Last edited:
Back