Dietninja returns...3 months to slimdom

So today was good. We went shopping, I behaved myself diet wise but did treat myself to a new handbag :)

My friend wasn't able to come out so we dropped in on her, stuck to black tea.

The one little blip came courtesy of Waitrose who have a new juice bar, my girls were keen and I'm happy for them to have a smoothie, so I treated them to one each. Of course then they were all excited and desperate for me to try theirs. So I had ever such a tiny weeny taste...literally just touched them to my tongue. The cocoa and banana one was delish...I'll post the recipe for me to use after this diet is over.

Anyway it was such a tiny amount it hasn't caused any subsequent hunger or anything.

I also managed to cook properly for my girls for the first time...our usual Sunday dinner, so I had roast chicken and courgettes instead of my third pack.

All in all I'm pleased with my weekend, which wasn't as difficult as I was anticipating, and now on to 5 days of packs :)

Sun 11th Jan day 10 (I think!)

Ex - 10200 steps
Water - 3.5 litres so far

B - maple syrup pancakes
L - raspberry bar...yuck, only ate 3/4 (I picked up the wrong bar when I went out)
S - 2 tiny weeny slurps of smoothie, black tea
T - roast chicken, courgettes stir fried in olive oil
S - choc Orange bar

1016 / 58

A little high as I was jonesing for something sweet after tea and had an extra bar.

Normal service will be resumed tomorrow :)

Last edited:
A very good day :D

Ok I'm going a bit nuts now - not sure why - so I'm having an extra bar with a cup of black tea then taking my marking to bed... I will not slip up now.

Updated cals / carbs 1016 / 57

More of a working solution day...

Last edited:
Keep going Dietninja :) Here's to a fab week ahead.

So I think I'm going to switch...in order to stop beating myself up at weekends I'm now officially doing WS at weekends and TS during the week, which means today, instead of being a (TS) failure, is now a (WS) success...yay!

Good idea x

Lol! The extra pack gave me such a burst of energy that I played rough & tumble and piggy backs with my youngest for 20 mins...she was delighted and it put an extra 1100 steps on the Fitbit! Totally worth it for the giggles!

Mine are 9 (just!) and 10...growing so fast! My eldest has begun to develop "up top" so rough and tumble with her has suddenly become a bit weird...!!!

So far a good day :) work is always so much easier as I'm too busy to even think about food..and I always get my steps in at work.

Tonight I have 2 sets of papers to mark which I shall do in front of the telly...I'm quite looking forward to the horizon programme on at 9pm about which diet is right for you.

Soon as I'm at home with Internet (currently watching my girls swim) in going to attempt this quiz...

BBC News - In search of a personalised diet

I am having a sneaky coffee with skimmed milk...my first since I started this..I miss the milk so much! It was just a splash!

Awww. I think you did fab, lovely! Really really well! I love playing with my monkeys. The giggles are my heartsong. How old are yours? x Have a fab day and you WS at weekends plan sounds brilliant! :)

Thank you honey, I sometimes beat myself up over the wrong things...and I am a little peed off that the scales have only moved 1/2lb in the last 4 days...I want a whoosh please!

Mon 12th Jan

Steps: 11200
Water: 2.5 litres so far

B - vanilla shake with coffee, warmed (mmmm)

L - 1/2 choc Orange bar

S - splash of skimmed milk in coffee

Planned

T - spag Bol pack, 1/2 choc Orange bar

Awww, bless. It can be So frustrating and discouraging when the scales take a break from reflecting loss. But, your body has got an awful lot going on at the minute...so some days it will just need to STOP and re-balance everything. Youre still doing brilliantly.

And, shhhh - I cant drink black coffee so I always still have a bit of milk in mine. lol. Shhhhh!

Last edited:
If I have black coffee I add loads of sweetener which is in no way good for me so sod it :)

(But it does make me feel better that you do it too!)

Mine are all to old for rough & tumble although my 24 year old forgets that now & then lol.

The scales have got to move soon & hopefully you will see a nice big drop x

Constant craver

You have a strong biological drive to eat and in today's world, where there are many eating opportunities, you easily put on weight. It will take more effort for you to diet than for most people.
You may have a high number of the genes linked to obesity risk, which are believed to have descended from ancestors who lived when food was scarce but ate well when food was available.
Intermittent dieting will help you conserve your mental energy so you can stick with the eating plan for longer than conventional dieting.
Experts recommend eating at least 600kcal and no more than 800kcal per day on two consecutive days each week, then eating a generally healthy diet for the other five, but without counting calories.

Back