Dietninja returns...3 months to slimdom

I'm going to wait until all 3 programmes have been shown, then get them on catch up :)

Daily weigh ins...2 dieting days to go and only 2 lbs down...one more please!

Fri (official): 12.12.6

Sat: 12.12.8
Sun: 12.12.6
Mon: 12.12.2
Tues: 12.10.8
Wed: 12.10.4
Thurs:
Fri:

Updated nom-nom list...

Packs I like:
Banana
Strawberry
Vanilla
Toffee, nut, raisin bar
Raspberry & white choc shake
Choc Orange bar
Carbonara
Cottage pie
Choc mint shake
Maple syrup pancake

Packs that are so-so:
Tomato & basil
Choc shake (cold)
Mushroom pasta soup

Packs I won't order again:
Raspberry porridge
Raspberry & white choc bar
Thai soup

I'm tempted to watch the BBC diet programme but might wait and watch them altogether. But if it says I have to eat a high protein diet forever I'll be rather depressed. I think that's the worry after doing this, the maintenance and being careful with food, I'm planning on switching to 5:2 and hoping that helps.

Your list of like and don't like food is a great idea, really makes me think of what I like and dislike. Not a fan of the tomato soup or Thai chicken or the pasta one eiather, the toffee shake I couldn't even finish. Tried the burgers last night, they were ok, still not sure. If I had to pick 5 favourites I think they'd be; banana shake, chocolate shake, chocolate bar, egg pack and sausage pack.

Hows your day going, are you still feeling niggly or has that passed?

Watched part 3 of the BBC programme tonight. I was fascinated with the speed of eating results...we all know that eating slowly is better, but it actually increases the amount of satiety hormone released, which I didn't know. I find eating slowly frustrating...I'm definitely a quick eater but I'm going to work on this!

I agree with the whole homeostasis issue...the body fights to maintain a status quo, at least until we reestablish a new status quo.

I'm interested in the breakfast thing...last time I did a vlcd, I ate my first "meal" as late as poss, usually lunchtime. I only lasted 10 days. This time I'm eating before 9am, and I'm feeling much better. I didn't expect that.

So cruel to the groups on the cake experiment! I can't believe the guy thought that HUGE slice of cake was only 190cals, lol!

Although they gave the second group much larger slices so they were probably fuller!

Wed 14th Jan

Ex: 15700 steps
Water: 2.5 litres (dropped a little...)

B - hazelnut shake

L - 1/2 toffee nut & raisin bar

S - Americano with skimmed milk

T - carbonara & 1/2 bar

658/56

One more day and that'll be the longest I've stuck to a vlcd :) onwards :)

Well done is not easy!!!

I couldn't believe they ate over 2kg off cake! That was more than 1lb each in cake. Plus the first slice! I must admit it looked good. I would have probably eaten that much on my own though he he he. Seems obsereard when its measured but at the time it just tastes good and would never believe it weighed that much.

Need to loose 6st to be healthy weight. Starting 05.01.15
Week 1 - 11lb
Week 2 -
Week 3 -
Week 4 -

Ooh yes that red velvet cake looked amazing. But I can't believe they didn't think the cameras were on them! It's a tv show peeps!

That said it was the most educational of the 3 for me :)

Slept v badly. Out of Benadryl so woke up with a runny and itchy nose at 2am and was awake for 2 hrs :( I just got back to sleep when I heard a little voice "mummy, I had a nightmare!" Grr grr!

I hopefully will find time to watch the 3 programmes together :)
I hope you managed through your day and get a better sleep tonight :)

Day going ok. My youngest is ill so got a phone call from school asking me to pick her up. So I've had a lovely relaxing afternoon on the sofa under a duvet (permanently cold!) watching films :)

But food wise I've been uncomfortable today...niggly feelings....and time going slowly! I miss eating! But none of these are good enough reasons to give up the day before weigh in, so onwards!

One thing about this diet is that my behaviours have changed...I am diet obsessed (reading magazines and watching programmes, and on here way too much!) and finding it hard to focus on work in the evenings...anyone else found this?

Another diet obsessed day has passed, another day where I seem to have lost the will to get stuff done...(didn't do the cleaning or marking I should have). Still, I need to remember this is short term...most things will wait.

Looks like no work tomorrow as my little one has a temperature :/

Thurs 15th Jan - day 14

This is the longest I've gone on a vlcd. And it's ok. Feeling blah today and lacking in energy towards the end of the day, but it's only short term...

Ex: 13300 steps
Water: 3 litres

B - 1/2 choc orange bar, coffee with splash of skimmed milk

S - 1/2 choc orange bar

L - 1/2 choc orange bar

S - 1/2 choc orange bar

T - carbonara

I don't think two bars did me any favours...I get more blah and more nibbly today. Back to one tomorrow...

I love reading your posts DNinja! So honest and reflective. Your determination is inspirational. Good luck to you - and everyone x

Back