difference between diets

pinkrose

I always thought that there wasn't any difference between LL and CD.

I went to a LL group last week (not going back but thats another story), and the LLC said that they were totally different diets. She said on CD you get muscle wastage and its dangeous!!!!!

she also said that the packs are made at the same place but LL are geting their own factory.

Does anyone have any feelings on this or know otherwise!!

I am starting back on CD this week as i prefer the shakes to LL, and was anoyed as had to miss week 2 meeting due to going to a funeral abroad and was expected to still ay £66, no way!!!!!

:mad:

errr i think she was trying to get yout to stick to LL with a scare tactic.

some of the shakes and soups are the same, but there is more choice with CD than LL. the main difference with LL and Cd is the CBT that LL offer, which is why its a higher price.

CD has different plans as well, LL is the 100days no eating, packets only, and you have to see your GP/nurse every 4 weeks, if on Cd and BMI under 40 and no other health issues you dont have to do this, but i will be seeing my nurse for a general health check as this goes on.

right the differences ........
on cambridge you have 3 packs LL 4 slightly smaller packs
cambridge have better flavours than LL
cambridge costs about 32.55 but no cbt
LL costs £66.00 with cbt
i did LL am now on cd find the shakes so much nicer and get my cbt fro this amazing site

thats the only difference i know

btw your LLC is wrong about what she said about cd prob just trying to keep custom by saying it

CD has different plans as well, LL is the 100days no eating, packets only, and you have to see your GP/nurse every 4 weeks, if on Cd and BMI under 40 and no other health issues you dont have to do this, but i will be seeing my nurse for a general health check as this goes on.

OOPs forgot this bit

It was very unproffesional and irresponsible of your LL counsellor to say that to you about Cambridge. The actual products work on exactly the same principle of providing 100% RDA of everything your body needs. Aside from the fact that LL now split the 3 packs into 4, and Cambridge has a wider variety of flavours (that taste better), there is absolutely no difference at all in the 'make up' of the meals.

I can understand you having 'problems' with your LL counsellor if this is the way she does business!

Jo x

I agree with Jo completely. That is outrageous. There is no muscle wastage on CD, that's ridiculous. It does sound like that LLC was desperate for the business. Cambridge Manufacturing make the VLCD packets for CD LL and LT.

Am I allowed to say that? Dunno, but I'd defend CD to the end.

Cambridge Manufacturing make the VLCD packets for CD LL and LT.

Am I allowed to say that? Dunno, but I'd defend CD to the end.

ROFL.......I knew that these diets were all made by the same peeps.
These diets are blooming great though..!

Wow, she sounds like the LL woman I spoke to, and when I went back to her with all the facts that CD is the same as LL in terms of the way it works and no muscle wastage etc she said she disagreed and I would find out. well my GP can definitely confirm she was spouting out of her xxxxxxxxxxxxx oohps, sorry, getting a little angry.

glad you are joining us.

post note - I think LL are running scared because CD is becoming ever more popular and a lot of that is because people realise that LL's CBT isn't proper therapy and that for the cost of CD you could have weekly therapy on top and still be better off.

just my tuppence worth

I have been on both LL (to start with) and now CD. There is no difference apart from the price that you pay. Both diets are excellent and if you stick to the plans you lose weight and FAST! Angela x

My friends friend:) is a LLC and she told her that CD wouldn't work and that she'd become ill and probably die if she did CD rather than LL:rolleyes:

Bless......:D

My friends friend:) is a LLC and she told her that CD wouldn't work and that she'd become ill and probably die if she did CD rather than LL:rolleyes:

Bless......:D

Oh that is just running scared.

It's the same thing. Although how they manage to mess with the flavours for LL I have no idea.

If there was a candidate for death by CD it'd be me, 16st lost over 16 years. And the last time I checked I was still breathing.

Of course I could be dead and this could all be someone's dream ...

I went to a LL information session. I was appalled at the lack of interest the counsellor showed - she put on a DVD and hit at her desk behind a bookcase. She was flippant about when she could fit people in - no flexibility at all. She really couldn't be bothered!
Sad thing is - I was so desperate by that time that I'd have paid £66 a week. Luckily I did some research and discovered CD and this site

I would say that there are darn good LLC and darn good CDC's, for the record though I would like to say research what you are doing first and foremost, CD worked for me :)

I dunno what that LLC was talking about when she said that you'd get muscle wastage on CD!

On CD you have to stop SSing when you hit BMI25 precisely to stop the risk of losing lean muscle tissue. Last I heard, LL still allowed you to SS down to BMI 22.

?!?!?!?!?!?!

I also heard that LLCs have to advertise and spend at least 6K a year on promotion/marketing/adverts as part of their contract.

I couldn't be bovvered personally - so glad I don't need to tout for business!!

xx

At the end of the day three products are basically similar Lipotrim, Lighter Life and Cambridge Diet with a range of choice and plans to suit the clients needs.

I am all for choice and finding something that works for the individual this I believe is what it is all about.

Each programme has it's attractions and each one was developed out of a need in the market place.

These three products do work well, but like everything else in life, consistency is not always the case as far as the human component is concerned.

You have good LL councellors and good CD councellors and good Pharmacies and visa versa.

Love Mini xxx

To a certain extent to be honest there's an element of luck of the drawer when it comes to people's experiences of the human side of things.

All three diets work, are safe and are effective. There are some technical differences between how the diets are approached with regards to when and what you eat. But the basic no food plans are very similar.

The flavours are different.

The counsellors are human. There are good ones and bad ones across the board. That's never going to change because as a race humans aren't going to change.

So there are people who are going to defend LL to the end and others who will do the same for CD and LT.

Well the differences have been mentioned, prob LL counsellors worried. I have only been a CDC 3 months and have had clients come over from LL, mainly they do not want to attend the classes, think the price sucks, the flavours on CD better tasting and more variety. Just what i have found out from clients and i have not dissed LL in any way. Pretty unprofessional.

If you feel you need the CBT from LL but think paying £66 is excessive just buy these books (they are great!)

1 of Breaking Free from Emotional Eating
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0452284910)

1 of Why Can't I Stop Eating?: Recognizing, Understanding and Overcoming
Food Addiction (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1568383657)

1 of The Overweight Patient: A Psychological Approach to Understanding and
Working with Obesity (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1843103664)

Back