Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Difference in Weight Loss Between SS and SS+

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Nevada1706, 31 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Nevada1706

Nevada1706 Member

I have been on Sole Source for 8 days now with a great loss of 9lbs in my first week.

However I am thinking that if only for normality's sake being able to sit at the table and eat with my husband I would prefer to be doing SS+ so I can have my mini meal in the evening with him.

So how are the losses on SS+?

I am a bit between two stools at the moment 1) I want to get rid of my weight as soon as possible but 2) I am missing our special time sitting together at the meal table and also I am craving solid food and would rather SS+ and stick to the program than fight SS and fall off the wagon.

I can not discuss this with my CDC as I am following the program in the Netherlands and they only have SS and 810. I spoke to my CDC last time I tried Cambridge and she said no only SS so I fell off the program after about 3 weeks.

Any thoughts?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. coralprincess

coralprincess Happiest Girl :D

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(28.57%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Who knows!!
    I heard the losses are 1/2lb less per month doing SS+, I much preffered plus!!

4. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    If you do the maths (which I love to do! :D), doing SS+ increases your daily calorie intake by 200 calories.

So that's an additional 6,000-6,200 calories per month.

If you consider that you need to burn 3,500 calories in order to shed a pound of fat, you can see that doing SS+ makes a difference to your weight reduction of 1-2 pounds a month (sorry Carla - not half a pound a month. It makes a difference of a quarter to a half a pound a week :))

I reckon you should try it. The SS+ list of foods can be found in the FAQs here on the Cambridge section of Minimins.

5. coralprincess

coralprincess Happiest Girl :D

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(28.57%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Who knows!!
    I knew it was half a pound a something :D

For me, SS+ was definately worth the 'slower' loss. I couldn't have maintained SS for as long as I have.

6. Nevada1706

Nevada1706 Member

Thanks ladies,

Oh half a pound a week is worth it:D especially as I am weighing in Kilo's so it will be Less than 1 kilo per month and just under a 1/4 kilo per week.

Also if I start walking the dogs twice a day as per my plan that should in actual fact negate it.

Fab...I will start on Monday after my weigh in.

Thanks again x

7. kellymarie3488

kellymarie3488 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan SS+
    i done ss+ with a starting weight of 14stone 8 and i lost 40lbs in 10 weeks which averages at 4lbs a week :D x

8. debbie125

debbie125 Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    I swapped to ss+ after doing 7 weeks off ss and my losses have been better than on ss so far! Rather than struggle and give up all together I'd do ss+

9. Nevada1706

Nevada1706 Member

I officially started SS+ last night.

I had 120 grams of prawns and 30 grams (yes I actually weighed it:rolleyes:) celery. Enjoyed every mouthful then had a choc shake for dessert.

My OH was a bit "what in the name of god are you doing" when he saw me weighing celery:D but I know myself and having over the allowance will start the "head games" so I am sticking to it to the letter!

My inner Gremlin is trying its best by saying "ohhh you don't feel empty and hungry ohhh you have over done it" But I have kicked her back in her corner by pointing out that a 200 calorie meal and 3 shakes is still a VLCD and I am not feeling hunger is because I am happily chugging along in Ketosis!

10. flab fighter

flab fighter The fat is melting away!

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(16.07%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I did 8 weeks SS and last 3 weeks SS+ not noticed much of a difference and the food curbs the cravings well.

11. Nevada1706

Nevada1706 Member

I am loving SS+.

I felt totally anal weighing out 30 grams of Asparagus last night but hey ho:D

Who would have believed that 30 grams of Asparagus and 100 grams of cooked chicken could be so filling i felt totally stuffed lol

Next week I am going to go mad and buy a "mix a Mousse" so I can have my mini meal followed by a pack dessert.

So far so good with this I find I look forward to my "mini meal" in the evening and it is enough to keep me on track but I am not fixating on food at any other time.

Long may this continue;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.