Difference in Weight Loss Between SS and SS+

I have been on Sole Source for 8 days now with a great loss of 9lbs in my first week.

However I am thinking that if only for normality's sake being able to sit at the table and eat with my husband I would prefer to be doing SS+ so I can have my mini meal in the evening with him.

So how are the losses on SS+?

I am a bit between two stools at the moment 1) I want to get rid of my weight as soon as possible but 2) I am missing our special time sitting together at the meal table and also I am craving solid food and would rather SS+ and stick to the program than fight SS and fall off the wagon.

I can not discuss this with my CDC as I am following the program in the Netherlands and they only have SS and 810. I spoke to my CDC last time I tried Cambridge and she said no only SS so I fell off the program after about 3 weeks.

Any thoughts?

I heard the losses are 1/2lb less per month doing SS+, I much preffered plus!!

If you do the maths (which I love to do! :D), doing SS+ increases your daily calorie intake by 200 calories.

So that's an additional 6,000-6,200 calories per month.

If you consider that you need to burn 3,500 calories in order to shed a pound of fat, you can see that doing SS+ makes a difference to your weight reduction of 1-2 pounds a month (sorry Carla - not half a pound a month. It makes a difference of a quarter to a half a pound a week :))

I reckon you should try it. The SS+ list of foods can be found in the FAQs here on the Cambridge section of Minimins.

(sorry Carla - not half a pound a month. It makes a difference of a quarter to a half a pound a week :))

I knew it was half a pound a something :D

For me, SS+ was definately worth the 'slower' loss. I couldn't have maintained SS for as long as I have.

Thanks ladies,

Oh half a pound a week is worth it:D especially as I am weighing in Kilo's so it will be Less than 1 kilo per month and just under a 1/4 kilo per week.

Also if I start walking the dogs twice a day as per my plan that should in actual fact negate it.

Fab...I will start on Monday after my weigh in.

Thanks again x

i done ss+ with a starting weight of 14stone 8 and i lost 40lbs in 10 weeks which averages at 4lbs a week :D x

I swapped to ss+ after doing 7 weeks off ss and my losses have been better than on ss so far! Rather than struggle and give up all together I'd do ss+

I officially started SS+ last night.

I had 120 grams of prawns and 30 grams (yes I actually weighed it:rolleyes:) celery. Enjoyed every mouthful then had a choc shake for dessert.

My OH was a bit "what in the name of god are you doing" when he saw me weighing celery:D but I know myself and having over the allowance will start the "head games" so I am sticking to it to the letter!

My inner Gremlin is trying its best by saying "ohhh you don't feel empty and hungry ohhh you have over done it" But I have kicked her back in her corner by pointing out that a 200 calorie meal and 3 shakes is still a VLCD and I am not feeling hunger is because I am happily chugging along in Ketosis!

I did 8 weeks SS and last 3 weeks SS+ not noticed much of a difference and the food curbs the cravings well.

I am loving SS+.

I felt totally anal weighing out 30 grams of Asparagus last night but hey ho:D

Who would have believed that 30 grams of Asparagus and 100 grams of cooked chicken could be so filling i felt totally stuffed lol

Next week I am going to go mad and buy a "mix a Mousse" so I can have my mini meal followed by a pack dessert.

So far so good with this I find I look forward to my "mini meal" in the evening and it is enough to keep me on track but I am not fixating on food at any other time.

Long may this continue;)

Back