different cdcs different advice?

peachy1982

Silver Member
Hi there,
Just a quick question.
I have been on ss for 5 weeks now and been told to have nothing but my drinks then my AAM week on week 5.
However a frind of mine started last week with a different cdc and they have been told that if need be then they can "graze" on raw veg like celery, carrot and peppers?
I haven't heard this anywhere, what can u lot tell me?
peachy
x

That kinda defeats the purpose of sole source.....if you are not using the packs as your sole source of nutrition. No idea why the CDC would say to munch veg!!! sorry!!

xx

Hi peachy, I fear the second CDC is making it up - apart from anything else munching on veg will take you out of ketosis. The only way that advice might be relevant would be if your friend were on the 1000 cal programme where you are allowed various different veg (even on the 790 cal programme, although you are allowed veg, carrots and peppers would be a big no due to the carb content).

You certainly should not be having any grazing food while on Sole Source so your own counsellor is absolutely spot on. Just because some vegetables may be low in calories they can still have enough carb to knock you out of ketosis and therefore make you hungry!

So stick with your CDC and you'll be just fine.

Mike

thats cool.
I thought they were talking rubbish.
one is on ss the other is on 790 so neither of them should be grazing.
I will make sure i warn them or else they could be very dissapointed with their weigh in results
peachy
x
thanks once again for your wonderful fountain of knowledge

Back