Dilemma - Surprise weekend away!!! HELP!

thinfor30!

Oh my god dukaners I am in a bit of a pickle! I have been following dukan to the latter for the past two weeks and have lost 9 pounds (also was totm last week so am ecstatic) however I now have a week off work, which was fine, I had planned to stick to my dukan religiously and increase my walking too. However my lovely husband has just surprised me with a weekend away (literally go in an hour!) He has arranged for the kids to go to my mums and booked us in to a gorgeous hotel, which has an amazing restaurant. Now I don't know what to do...Do I try to Dukan (although will b v hard) or let myself have today and tommorrow off and indulge and truly enjoy myself and then go back to cruise on Sunday? If I'm honest things like this don't happen very often and I really want to kick back with nice meals and glasses of wine but am I going to ruin my fortnights hard worK?? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Only you can decide.

Minimise the damage by avoiding carbs as much as you can, Steak and salad makes a good meal. Stick to spirits with diet cola if you feel you must have a drink.

Breakfast is sometimes hardest in hotels, if youre up in time ;) stick to the meats and eggs and veg and avoid tempting croissants and toast.

You will be able to stick almost to plan, its just a question of if you want to.

Think Atkins - avoid sugar, bread, cakes, rice, and if you must stray, stray onto the fatty side of life. Yes to bacon, no to toast, yes to cheese, no to ice-cream.

If you like fine wine, stick to one glass, but make it a really good one, so you can savour it, then swap to water.

Take lots of walks, drink lots of water, find things to do that aren't about food, and then, when you get home, kick start the diet again with 2 or 3 pp days.

Stick to Dukan as much as you can, it's easier than you realise, enjoy yourself, come back on Monday and tell us how you did. Most important is that you enjoy yourself.
What a nice, thoughtful husband you have. (sigh)
Have fun!

Hi Everyone, I'm back from my romantic weekend away and I was so bad but enjoyed every second! For the first night my husband arranged for us to have a tasting menu with wine, so there was no way of avoiding carbs or alcohol and I am sorry to say in the morning I was seduced by the pain au chocolats and chefs cinnamon and heather honey waffles. I was stuffed so skipped lunch but did indulge again in the evening with red wine, carbs and creamy sauces. However I got up this morning, had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast (asked them not to add any milk, cream, butter to the eggs), got home and had my ff yogurt with oatbran and prawns for lunch. So I did indulge, I did enjoy myself but I am now back on track and doing pp for today and tommorrow, then back to cruise.

Glad you had a great time. Sounds amazing x

Back