Dilemma ??

I have just read the Finding friends thread.... asking if anyone could find you on here if they searched ect, and how it is anonymous.

However I was wondering something...

You are member on minimums, and you discovered that a work collegue was also a member minimums..... you have recognised them from their picture avatar...
You have read parts of their diary, which as we all know, can be quite personal.

Would you tell them who you were ?
Or would you keep your mouth shut ?

Marge
:)

Personally Id keep quiet. If someone knows you know them, and youve seen their posts, it could totally put them off the forum x

Personally Id keep quiet. If someone knows you know them, and youve seen their posts, it could totally put them off the forum x

I totally agree...
I was interested what others thought :)

I'd keep quiet. If someone recognised me and made reference to something in my diary, I'd be mortified.

I don't know, I probably wouldn't say anything to them, but I've been really open to my colleagues that have asked that minimins has been really helpful, and have sent loads of them that are trying to lose weight links to the forum. I don't think I'd say anything to them if I saw them post, but I'd probably expect they may say something to me?
I wouldn't want anyone to be put off being honest and finding the help they need from here, that's the most important thing really.

i think it would depend on whether or not their avatar was anonymous..mine is perfectly obvious that it is me as its my face and my surname...however i would not say it loud and proud on their diary..i might pm them to say hi etc..but again i think it would really depend on how well i knew them etc...

but like star and Cyb i would hate to think i had put them off using the forum as its such a useful place to help us with our diets...

Its strange as i dont publicise the fact i am dieting on FB at all yet i am quite happy to put my own face on here lol...FB was a personal choice not to mention the VLCD .. as i can be very openly defensive if some opinionated idiot was to dare put anything negative on my wall ..lol. swear words and alssorts would come out ..but thats just me ... i'm one of them people that thinks...if ya cant say something constructive or nice then dont say anything at all xxx

To be honest, my avatar is anonymous, so, even although theirs wasn't, I would protect my own anonymity first. :)

its all about choice aint it Marge...you choose to stay anon where as on this site i am happy to be less anon..Mind you i dont shout about my weight anywhere else...even my OH dont know what i weigh..how mad is that lol xxx

Back