Dilemma

mrskyle88

Hi all

I have a massive works awards evening tomorrow and I'm battling with myself whether to have a day off or try to stay to plan!

I weighed tonight to see if that would help me make up my mind and I am -6lbs on day 4...

This is the menu for to or row night:

Starter: salmon ballottine with lettuce ice cream
Main: rib eye steak with creamed spinach, parsnip purée and Fondant potato
Dessert: something I don't like so won't be having!!

Then there's alcohol to consider, I'm not a social butterfly or anything and probably go out once every 2-3 months and this is a very important night for the office that I can't get out of!

How would it influence my losses coming if plan completely? Is it worth it? I don't know what to do

The menu could be worse....could you try and forego the carb elements and just have the veggies and proteins? I know there'll be sauces and things, but salmon and steak are pretty good if you've got to go off plan. Personally, I would drink anyway (not too much though, alcohol does bad things to some people in ketosis, although I'm fine on it). It's a shame, but if you really do only go out 4 or 5 times a year then you should enjoy the opportunities that do arise.

Please note that I'm fairly rubbish at this plan so my ideas may need taking with a pinch of salt!!! Go out, have fun, try and be as safe as you can be.x

I think I would just go and enjoy the night out and get back on plan the next day
even if you stuck with ketogenic foods the booze will stall your weight loss for several days, so maybe stay away from the scales for a week so it doesnt make you feel like its all for nothing:)
Jo x

it's a really tough one (for me anyway!) as you've only recently started and your weigh loss so far is excellent! Is there anyway you could stick one drink throughout the whole night (then water) and pick at the protein in the meal?
Failing that I would go and enjoy the evening and worry about it tomorrow.... but that's why I'm struggling to lose weight too!

Back