Attack Din dins

Hi,

Im having trouble finding things i can amke and take work without makin it obvious im on a diet. We only have a microwave and a fridge.

Any ideas on good dinners for on-the-go?

I had this yesterday:

make the Microwave bread in a tupperware container as per recipe in recipe thread. Cut into ?3 and then slice horizontally, so you get 'sandwich' slices. It looks like crustless wholemeal bread. Fill with dukan 'tuna mayonnaise': 1/2 can of tuna in brine, 1 or 2 TB quark or Fromage Frais, some pepper and chives, a bit of lemon juice or vinegar.

You can vary the filling (spread with quark instead of may, add lean chicken, breasola...) - and if you're on PV then you could add a lettuce leaf etc making it even more 'mainstream sandwich'
Egg mayonnaise? Prawn cocktail? Always using lowfat dairy instead of mayo of course.

Salad on PV day is easy!
I tend to eat straight from my tupperware on PP days if in company, and no one notices! Besides, people tend to be more interested in what they're eating themselves! I bring in chicken, salmon, prawns, egg... whatever. I don't really care any longer if people notice/comment. I'm gonna be slim... :D

I was super conscious of eating "diet" food at work - until I realised that no one had noticed anything odd at all!

(I do tend to cut my chicken into small pieces and sprinkle it with fresh herbs, rather chew on huge chunks, but that's the only camoflage I've used)

And no one will understand why I won't eat the chocolates on the desk behind me!

If it's a PV day then I just take a salad with either chicken or prawns and no-one thinks anything of it.

On a PP day then I put whatever I'm eating (usually chicken, turkey or prawns) in my lunch box and just spear it with a fork. A few people have commented and I've just said that I'm trying not to eat as many carbs.

If you have a microwave, I have made some PP mince & onions, heat it up maybe add some water so its like a thick soup... no one questions if you have 'big' soup for lunch!
C x

Thansk for all your suggestions x I decided I didnt bother if anyone noticed, and a week at work and no-one has! No im on the the cruise part makes it even easier - theres a salad bar at the canteen so fill up on boiled eggs and nice veggies on PV days

Back