Ding Dong the Enemy's dead!

Hi Sandra, just seen your other post. Yes I am back on LT, but just for 15 days to lose the fat I gained since I gave up smoking. I gained 6lb but since last year I am about a stone heavier anyway.

I have lost 8lbs since Wednesday, taking me to 11st 4lb. Ideally I would love to get back to about 10st 7lb, but aiming to get to just under 11st for this holiday, then I will probably just follow one of the plans, WW or SW.

Maisey is absolutely fine Sandra, still my darling little girl. How is your cat.......sorry I cant for the life of me remember his name.

Oh and another update girls. Thats me done the HRT tablets for
4 weeks, and I feel GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. I have not had a flush in the last week - life is good.

That's a brilliant loss, I'm 11st 11lbs and want to be 10 1/2 though I never quite got there before. When do you go on holiday? I'm trying to persuade Paul that we go away at the end of October but he's not keen! Might have to go alone.....in any event it's motivating me at the moment and when it's booked I'll take stock seriously.

Dylan is great, spends every minute that we're home with us and sleeps under my right arm! Don't you just love them x

I just remembered his name before I opened this thread...........aww say hello to Dylan :)

3 weeks today we fly to Turkey for 15 days. I still have some maintenance samples at home too, so I will use all my LT sachets which is approx 15 days, then I will introduce an evening meal for a few days then the dreaded carbs. Its really good to feel in control again, albeit with LT, do you agree Sandra?

Well done on your loss too.

Keep working on Paul for the holiday, good luck with him :)

He says me meow which roughly translates as hi Mary x

I want to have a really nice holiday to make up for not being able to travel last year, got my eye on a special offer to Barbados but he wants to go to New York and Boston....I want to lie on the beach and chil cos the last few months have been so hectic....I will win or go on my own!

I do like the in control feeling, tbh I haven't found this week too difficult but I think that's cos I was really busy at work and had lots to do after work......I've got functions on Thursday and Friday and they've been planned for months so I am going to eat and drink (a little :( ) on both days and then come back to this on Saturday

How much do you want to lose by the time you go on holiday? Is it still lovely and warm in Turkey then? It's not somewhere that I've ever been though I've always wanted to go to istanbul ....one day! My motto for the next few weeks is Barbados, beach, bikini!

Edit.....just read back on your post and did the maths! Perfectly achievable I'd say? Incidentally, I've given up the HRT too, a few weeks ago when I ran out and was in France and couldn't get a prescription. Don't feel any different do you?!

Last edited:
Crikey no way Sandra re the HRT..........I have only just started takign them, I have now been on them for four weeks.........no intention of stopping them for a while :)

I am sure you can get your own way with the beach holiday - just put a hold on all pleasurable activities for a wee while ;)

Hellooooooooo ... just read ur comment on my FB about 8lb off since Weds (never mind all that time off fags) so had to pop over and stress WEY TO FECKIN GO MISSY...

As an aside while im here - which one of u jokers told me Exante was good tasting! I finally took the gamble and ordered the monthly bumper pack recently (shakes n bars). Not for TFR reasons but to stop me spending the steep prices of LP maintenance stuff (tho admittedly it is the back of my mind to maybe possibly perhaps do a TFR stint at sometime in future to deal with post op and post fag'less'ness gain!

Anyway ... Rambling again ... Get to the feckin point girl! THEY ARE MINGIN' (Exante shakes that is, in case u lost my thread - hehe pardon the 'thread' pun, altho its Mary's thread ....!!! Ocht shut up Ness).

Anyway, pure dead disgusting they are - so if anyone wants em, let me know! Bleurgghhh....

Ps. The shakes that is, ill force the bars down (well there is chocolate in them!)

Hahahaa and welcome back you ramble'ness.......... :)

Exante........I know Tanya and Jan have both been on them, but Tanya is away on holiday, she should be home tomorrow, and Jan has just gone today for two weeks, so it might be a while before you get an answer from her.

Yeah, I just thought to do this stint for 15 days (with occassional cheats) to lose the smokelessness gain plus any more is a bonus. I will be celebrating tomorrow night with a vodka and cherry juice and something to eat. Another 10 days on TFR after that with one more cheat planned.

Really good to see you here today, and strangely enough, Sandra has come back today too - happy days.

kered said:
Hahahaa and welcome back you ramble'ness.......... :)

Yeah, I just thought to do this stint for 15 days (with occassional cheats) to lose the smokelessness gain plus any more is a bonus. I will be celebrating tomorrow night with a vodka and cherry juice and something to eat. Another 10 days on TFR after that with one more cheat planned.

Really good to see you here today, and strangely enough, Sandra has come back today too - happy days.

Awwwwww cheery mega muchly :) :) :)

Sounds like you've got ur TFR stint well n truly sorted! Well done n good luck - not that u need it!

Good luck to you too Ness, give yourself a couple of weeks to get right over the fags and then tackle any weight gain. Pointless trying to totally do everything together, it can only lead to trouble.

kered said:
Good luck to you too Ness, give yourself a couple of weeks to get right over the fags and then tackle any weight gain. Pointless trying to totally do everything together, it can only lead to trouble.

Yeah ur absolutely right! I gotta wait anyway cos im getting a hysterectomy on 14th - no way im going under 1200cals before then and i wanna take time after to get over op aswell ... but hey, baggy hoodys n trackys'll be required mostly for a while anyway cos of scar etc - so when i feel its safe to try drop weight, ill do it then ta-da, ditch the baggys! Lol. Nobody need see the meantime gain - ill blame the swelling! Pmsl

Thanks Bev.

Enjoying my day off today.
I had an Asda MRB to take me out of ketosis, and I am now sampling an Amaretto and Ice now, just a tiny one and sipping it. It was lovely to eat, and thats just after 5 days! I dont know how I dont it before.

Its lovely to have a day off after those 4 long nightshifts.

Crikey no way Sandra re the HRT..........I have only just started takign them, I have now been on them for four weeks.........no intention of stopping them for a while :)

I am sure you can get your own way with the beach holiday - just put a hold on all pleasurable activities for a wee while ;)

Sorry Mary misunderstood about the HRT....been speed-reading through here to try and catch up after all these months! Going to do the same as you I figure, tfr when there's nothing going on and try and be sensible, voddies aside, the rest of the time. One of the reasons that i think ive put on weight is that ive been drinking loads of wine the past few months instead of my usual vodka and diet coke......so stick to the voddie Mary:D Looks like the holiday will have to be delayed now cos Paul is taking some exams in November.....oh well it will give me enough time to really be thin enough to wear a tiny bikini!

Holidays.....yeay x

Well done on the weight loss Mary, amazing. Have a fab time tonight x

Well done on the loss so far Mary! Wow!!!

Thanks girls, and unlucky about the holiday Sandra, but at least it does give you a bit longer.

Well last night was really good, but I ate more than I planned, and then had chips today. I was going back onto 3 shakes today, but we had a run to Porthcawl, and I just CANT resist Beales Chippy when we go there, so I had a chicken breast and chips. I will have a shake for supper though. I also weighed this morning and 2lb gain, but hey ho, I had a good night.

I went into Tesco on the way home and I managed to get some Raspberry MRB's in there for the first time, so I bought two boxes of them, BL mint fudge MRB are on special offer at 75p, so I got 5 of those, and 1 box of slimfast MRB's to try them. I will use the bars once I finish the LT shakes.

That 2lbs is only water retention from eating the chips Mary and it'll be gone in a day or so and, hopefully, the chips were well worth it?!

The MRBs sound interesting, is it only Tesco that do them? I haven't looked in Waitrose but as they're a big chain perhaps they do something similar....at the moment I am augmenting my shakes on days that I go to the gym with be-YU bars, I love them especially the lemon and white chocolate! The only problem is eating only one:D

How many days until your next voddie? X

All the supermarkets do them Sandra, but I struggled to get them in my local one, so while we were coming back today we went into one of the bigger ones. I also got some slimfast and biggest loser bars too. Not tried those yet.

I ended up having 2 scrambled eggs tonight too with 3 ryvita.

Back to 3 shakes tomorrow :)

All the supermarkets do them Sandra, but I struggled to get them in my local one, so while we were coming back today we went into one of the bigger ones. I also got some slimfast and biggest loser bars too. Not tried those yet.

I ended up having 2 scrambled eggs tonight too with 3 ryvita.

Back to 3 shakes tomorrow :)

Hahah 5 days till my next Vodka.

I've just tried the slim fast bars Mary and they're very similar to the tesco ones I think. Quite substantial too. I wish asda was closer to us for the BL bars, I really like them but no-one does them near to me.

Back