Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

The fact Dawnie "fluked" such an easy weight loss over the last two weeks speaks volumes, Bev, don't you agree?

Most people struggle to get to target and weightloss slows right down. Looks like Dawn's body is telling her there's more to come! I can't obviously account for every mouthful of Dawn's food intake, but I'd wager it is sufficient, healthy and balanced. The new exercise regime will allow even more intake too!

Anyway I just put the iPhone on charge am watching the Green Bay Packers on the American Footy and just checked the minimins app;)

How can I edit on the iPhone app anyone? - I wanted to add, I guess everything is down to target, specifically final target. Dawn, like me has had several interims.

I'm not very keen on serious posts as you know, but Dawnie I have to say a couple of things. Without fail, EVERY SINGLE time people have said to me, "You don't need to lose any more weight" it is by people comparing me to how I was, not how I could or should be!

I have been told this since 13.5st! (remember I have been as low as 10st 8lb)

My point being, there are people my height (yes. loads of pixie-peeps in the northeast;)) - both male and female, who are a lot slimmer and weigh a lot less and the NEVER receive comments saying they are too thin or small.

Perhaps people see the original shell and make comment based on comparison? - While this is understandable, it is frustrating.

Not sure if I put that across correctly, but I know what I meant.

From a selfish point of view, I know from experience that settling at the 25 end of BMI soon goes over when trying to maintain. More reason to choose a lower figure - for a bit of manoeuverability;)

Thanks for that rare serious post Steve :thankyou:

Yes, that makes sense. People who have never met me before would not comment either way on my size or shape. But obviously those who have seen me "deflating" will see quite a difference.

Shirley tried to tell me I was thin today...I'm not. I'm thinner. There's a difference.

I'm happy to go a bit lower to give myself some leeway for meals out/holidays etc. Like a safety net :)

I have to agree with both of you here. I have a particular friend who is trying to be so lovely to me, he is always telling me how skinny I am and how I need a good meal. I never have, and never expect to be skinny. I understand that he can see a big difference in my weight from a year ago, but I know in myself I still have a lot of work to do (even more so since last WI) and I won't be happy until I am there.

It's not so much about the actual numbers, its about the confidence I have when I feel like I'm looking good and someone telling me I need fed doesn't make me feel any more confident.

Good luck with the swimming in the morning Dawn, rather you than me!!! xxx

Evening all x

Well as you can see from my earlier post, I didn't go to church today, preferring to invite Shirley to dinner instead. It's been a week since we saw her so it's nice to have a catchup.

We had a really nice afternoon, lots of food and drink, rugby and footy on the telly, and a lot of chatter! Perfect!

Just watching the end of Sherlock atm...all a bit dramatic!!!

Right...time to post my food and get ready for tomorrow!

Red Day

2 x wm toast (B)
butter (2)
marmite

grilled pork loin
carrots
cauliflower
broccoli
mange tout
gravy (2)
wine (6)

banana & yoghurt (2)

G&T (3)

hi fi bar (B)
milky coffee (A)

Total syns - 15
No exercise today...hoping to make up for it tomorrow!

Maximus said:
The fact Dawnie "fluked" such an easy weight loss over the last two weeks speaks volumes, Bev, don't you agree?

Most people struggle to get to target and weightloss slows right down. Looks like Dawn's body is telling her there's more to come! I can't obviously account for every mouthful of Dawn's food intake, but I'd wager it is sufficient, healthy and balanced. The new exercise regime will allow even more intake too!

Maximus said:
I guess everything is down to target, specifically final target. Dawn, like me has had several interims.

Totally agree hunni. I think if I'd been a lot braver Steve, I'd hav set my Target between 9 and 9 1/2 stones, or maybe a little higher.

But I tried to be realistic and set a very achievable first target, as I would've found it quite daunting to be faced with losing 6 1/2st. So for me, and many others, interim targets are the way to go.

And when I reach a size and weight I'm complety happy with, I'll call final target x

dabhand said:
Good menu Dawn. Glad you had a lovely day.
Enjoy your swim with Sarah in the morning. I love going swimming early, I wish I was nearer to you I'd come and join you..

Aww Dawn that'd be great wouldn't it? Slimmers and swimmers lol!

I'm nervous but excited, iykwim?

Maverick said:
I have to agree with both of you here. I have a particular friend who is trying to be so lovely to me, he is always telling me how skinny I am and how I need a good meal. I never have, and never expect to be skinny. I understand that he can see a big difference in my weight from a year ago, but I know in myself I still have a lot of work to do (even more so since last WI) and I won't be happy until I am there.

It's not so much about the actual numbers, its about the confidence I have when I feel like I'm looking good and someone telling me I need fed doesn't make me feel any more confident.

Good luck with the swimming in the morning Dawn, rather you than me!!! xxx

Hi Laura,

Lovely post! How is it that others seem to be able to put into words what im thinking about lol!

It IS all about confidence in how u look and feel. And sometimes we have to adjust our goals accordingly.

Well put hunni, thanks xxx

Enjoy your swim tomorrow Dawn. Is it really 22 years since you've been for one?

If so lets just hope you remember how to swim and don't sink!! Without any fat there's a good chance of that!!!! :eek:

PS I'm off to bed now - which is where you should be if you're meeting Sarah at 7am!

Pommette said:
Enjoy your swim tomorrow Dawn. Is it really 22 years since you've been for one?

If so lets just hope you remember how to swim and don't sink!! Without any fat there's a good chance of that!!!! :eek:

Haha! Yes, totally true...I haven't been swimming since Andrew was 2 1/2 and he's 25 now!

I did mention to Sarah I mite sink and she said she'd rescue me, so I've got that covered lol!

I'm just hoping it'll all come back to me once I'm in the pool!

Right, morning all x

I'm up! Agot me cossy on under my uniform and all set for swimming!

*gulp*

See you later!

Morning dawn
Hope you've enjoyed your swim way to go. It's like riding a bike ..... You never forget and you'll feel great all day afterwards. Well done on lossing your Xmas gain it's fantastic :) I think it's your decision on lossing more I feel exactly the same. Keep doing what your doing cause it obviously works. Have a good week take carexx
Oh thanks for popping into my diary appreciated your kind words all the time xx

Have a great swim with your sis. You girls must take after mumsie in some respect and I love swimming so you will be fine DD, your big sister has fins.

Have moved my diary, well Mini did it, to Silver members if you think I am hiding,

have the very best of days,

lyl xxxxxxx

Emmaline said:
That's a brilliant idea Dawn.
Wish I could get anywhere near my goal..:sigh:..Am determined to keep trying..This flab HAS TO GO!!..:D

Hope you enjoy your swim.

Lol, thanks Emmaline! I bet u had a great time on your cruise ;)

Probably seems like an age ago now :(

Stick with it hunni...it WILL go xxx

Well I can confirm that she did it.
And didn't sink.

How are the achey legs, Dawniekins?

And I just wanted to say my last little bit on the subject of setting target, and then I'm not going to say any more.

This isn't specifically about Dawnie's target - it's a general comment, that I think applies to anyone / everyone. I'll be saying it to myself when I get there, and would say the same to anyone.

Cos I don't think anyone can really know what anyone else should do. We can offer advice, but with the best will in the world, we can't get inside somebody else's head, or see their body the way they can. I know that we aren't always 100% rational about our own bodies, but that doesn't mean that somebody else should decide for us. And it's a bit dangerous to assume that everybody else functions quite like we do, and give advice on that basis.

So we're always going to have arguments about it, unless we stop advising each other, and just letting people make their own minds up!

But anyway - my last word (probably!) on the subject:

As people have said: anybody can really get to any weight - if they're prepared to be stupid.
I could be a Size Zero - but only if I starved myself and was at death's door.
Nobody's suggesting that anybody should do that, I know. But I think (though it pains me to say it!) Steve is right.

(I'm ignoring the bit about "fluking" and the amount Dawnie has lost in 2 weeks, because that was here Christmas "jelly weight": not "set" yet, so easy on: easy off.)
But he said:

I can't obviously account for every mouthful of Dawn's food intake, but I'd wager it is sufficient, healthy and balanced. The new exercise regime will allow even more intake too!

That's the point, isn't it? It applies to all of us.

If by eating a healthy quantity of healthy food, and allowing for the occasional treat - ie following SW to the letter - neither being more rigorous, nor more relaxed than the plan expects - if more weight comes off - then that's great, and it means that a lower weight can be reached healthily.
If, in order to achieve a lower weight, we need to cut down, then maybe we're at our ideal weight.

And if somebody has reached this point in their weight loss (the "would I need to diet more drastically to get more off?" point) and they're STILL not happy with how they look - then I would question whether they're ever going to be happy with anything that can be achieved by weight loss alone. Beyond that, there's the toning that can be achieved by exercise (which might achieve further weight loss - though it could actually result in weight GAIN, but a better body shape).
And beyond THAT, there's surgery. (Which most of us wouldn't advise, but some people do choose, and again that's their prerogative.)

As I said at the top, this isn't aimed at Dawn. It's universal. There are things inside our heads that affect what we see when we look in the mirror, so we have to try to step away and be completely rational.
Can I lose more weight by following the plan and not doing anything drastic? Yes? Great. Go for it.
Otherwise, (and this is for me, but if it applies to anybody else too, they're welcome to my musings) maybe I just have to accept that, at 45, after a child, nothing is going to make my body look like it did when I was 17. Nothing. Not even surgery, or strenuous exercise. It can look good - it can look a heck of a lot better than it does now. But if I'm waiting for my body to look like the ones I see in magazines, I'm NEVER going to be happy with it!

Sorry, Dawnie - this wasn't aimed at you.
It was just an attempt to move away from people's opinions on other people's weight loss, and where they should set their targets, and whether they should re-set them...
Nobody's opinion is necessarily better than anybody else's, so we need objective rules.

Here ends the sermon. Sorry for taking up so much fred space.

Sarah,

Quite frankly, that's a brilliant post, and thank you for taking the time to think about the whole situation and to put down your opinions on it.

I can't actually find anything I disagree with you on.

Not normal for sisters I know...! ;)

I think the bottom line is we all have to respect each others opinions and ideas. We can debate, disagree, or agree...but really there's no right or wrong answer, as we're all so different.

And thank goodness we are!

I had a great time at the pool this morning ... thanks for putting up with me!

Shall we do it all over again on Wednesday then?

Phew. Glad someone's posted.
I was beginning to think I'd offended and alienated everybody...

Erm, yep. I suppose I could drag myself back to the pool on Wednesday.
How are your legs now? Still stiff?
I am a little bit, but only when I first get up from sitting down for a while.
It'll be fine. We'll get there.

(Oh, and I've just got my fred moved to the Members Only area, in case you can't find me. I was a bit worried about my ex-OH hunting around on t'interweb for ammunition. Not that there was anything nasty, or really dangerous, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I think I'll get it moved to the Silver Members' bit when the newest of my "friends" has got to enough posts.
Keep posting, Duplicate Dawn/Dabbie!)

Back