Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Congratulations on Getting Back into Target :)

Hate to say it as it's a pet hate of mine people telling me not to lose any more weight but I think you look absolutely fabulous at the weight you are now!

I also think 5 and a half stone in a year is absolutely remarkable! :)

Xx

It is a good point you make Hannah. I have had people at work saying that for me for so long. Personally, while I understand the arguement for obsession and over-doing it, I also understand the determination and drive.

I'm sure either Dawn or her body will know when to settle. I firmly believe a BMI of 20-25 is fine. Now I do not know what weight a BMI of 20 would mean for Dawn - probably 9.5st! - the danger is what if you get there and plan to go further.

I have set my target at 10st 5lb, but if I'm honest, I'd love to see a 9 as the first digit, even if it is 9st 13.5lb!!

Technically anywhere between 8st 12lb (BMI of 20) and 11st 1lb (BMI 25) with an even 10st being the approximate midpoint (22.6)

It is a good point you make Hannah. I have had people at work saying that for me for so long. Personally, while I understand the arguement for obsession and over-doing it, I also understand the determination and drive.

I'm sure either Dawn or her body will know when to settle. I firmly believe a BMI of 20-25 is fine. Now I do not know what weight a BMI of 20 would mean for Dawn - probably 9.5st! - the danger is what if you get there and plan to go further.

I have set my target at 10st 5lb, but if I'm honest, I'd love to see a 9 as the first digit, even if it is 9st 13.5lb!!

Technically anywhere between 8st 12lb (BMI of 20) and 11st 1lb (BMI 25) with an even 10st being the approximate midpoint (22.6)

Thanks for that Steve x

Coming from someone who enjoys the chase more than the catch, I really appreciate your opinion!

I agree with you, for once! ;) I will know when to stop. I appreciate there may be concerns as to whether I should lose more weight or not, but at the end of the day, it was me who set the first target at 10st 7lbs, just because I thought it was an achievable target, not necessarily because it was the right target.

Then I lowered it because I really felt I wanted to be lighter, and there was nothing to say I shouldn't, so I reached 10st. But again, there's nothing to say that's the weight I should be.

And now I feel I might want to drop again. I am not skinny. I'm not even particularly slim... I'm ok. But I could weigh less, a lot less actually, and still have a healthy bmi. In fact, I could go as low as 8st 3lbs and still have a bmi of 18.6, the bottom end of the healthy range...

Recommended BMI Chart
Underweight BMI less than 18.5
Ideal BMI 18.5-25
Overweight BMI 25-30
Obese - should lose weight BMI 30-40
Very obese - lose weight now BMI greater than 40

So thanks for stopping by and sticking up for me...kind of! And I know where your coming from when you say you'd love to start with a nine...me too! (or an eight...! ;))

I trust your judgement Dawn! Like you say, the majority of us have set our own targets and like you, I have chosen a very achievable figure as my first target and when I reach it, will almost certainly try and lose between 7-14 pounds. I say go for it! It's obvious from your diary that you are eating healthily and even enjoying meals out etc. occasionally xx

I trust your judgement Dawn! Like you say, the majority of us have set our own targets and like you, I have chosen a very achievable figure as my first target and when I reach it, will almost certainly try and lose between 7-14 pounds. I say go for it! It's obvious from your diary that you are eating healthily and even enjoying meals out etc. occasionally xx

Ooh thank Jane x

It's all trial and error isn't it? And surely that's the point of an interim target... to see how you feel and reassess if necessary? :confused:

I do eat very well. I have plenty of good, healthy food, and as everyone knows I enjoy a meal out, takeaway, and the odd glass of wine or a G&T. ;)

Anyway, I know what will happen now...I'll blooming well start gaining lol! :rolleyes:

Well the only alternative is to set your target at the lowest weight you could imagine being and then possibly not being able to reach it! So I agree with having an interim one and going from there. Obviously if your body will just not shift another pound, you may also have to accept your original target or near that.

Anyway, keep up the good work Hun x

Evening ladies, Sarah & Steve,:wavey:

How's everyone today then?

I've had a good day all round really :D

Gwyn took me shopping this morning and bought me a couple of swimming costumes in preparation for Mondays swim with Sarah :eek: We also got a pair of shorts and a t-shirt for the gym :character00115:

Then we came back just in time to watch Saints beat Scarlets on the telly :happy036:

Then we had to go back to the shop to change the costumes cos they didn't fit! :rolleyes: But now they do, and I've got a lovely bright pink gym bag all packed and ready for Monday.

Now all I have to do is stop my knees from knocking! :fear:

Not sure if I'm going to church tomorrow. I might stay home and cook a proper Sunday dinner and ask Shirley if she'd like to come :eating: The kids love Sunday dinner, and I love having everyone round the table chatting together.

Todays Food Red Day

2 x wm toast (B)
butter (1)
marmite

2 x crackerbreads (2)
butter (1)
71g Philly light (A)
grapes
apple

Chicken salad
salad cream (2)
sweet potato chips
wine (6)
skinny cow ice cream (4)

milky coffee (A)
Fibre plus bar (B)

Total syns - 16
Exercise - 10 sit ups
100 leg lifts
300 reps on the sport rider machine

Gwyn took me shopping this morning and bought me a couple of swimming costumes in preparation for Mondays swim with Sarah :eek: We also got a pair of shorts and a t-shirt for the gym :character00115:

A couple?....are you going to wear more than one at a time?;)

Then we had to go back to the shop to change the costumes cos they didn't fit! :rolleyes: But now they do, and I've got a lovely bright pink gym bag all packed and ready for Monday.

Must have been too big! 'cos they can't have been too small for Dinkie Dawn x

Now all I have to do is stop my knees from knocking! :fear:

I hope it's warmer than the pool where I swim, or you'll have more than just knocking knees!:eek:

Exercise - 10 sit ups
100 leg lifts
300 reps on the sport rider machine

WOW!....You are determined to become a Gym Bunny.....Good on you xxxx

whoo whooo Dawnie. thought you said no shorts :eek: impressed. Have fun at the gym :D Sunday Lunch is a lovely idea. Wish we could do that but its always footy over lunchtime in our house on a Sunday one or both boys is usually playing. Chris is today xxxxxxxx

Hey my lovely!

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday and wow you're ready for the pool and gym now. Good on you though. I'm sure it will help tone and obviously good exercise. Hope Sarah looks after you.

Did you decide on a roast today? Mmmm craving one now but instead we are going to have a hodge podge of ingredients from the fridge that need using up before we go away tomorrow. Just having a quick rest then will get cooking.

Have a lovely day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm not very keen on serious posts as you know, but Dawnie I have to say a couple of things. Without fail, EVERY SINGLE time people have said to me, "You don't need to lose any more weight" it is by people comparing me to how I was, not how I could or should be!

I have been told this since 13.5st! (remember I have been as low as 10st 8lb)

My point being, there are people my height (yes. loads of pixie-peeps in the northeast;)) - both male and female, who are a lot slimmer and weigh a lot less and the NEVER receive comments saying they are too thin or small.

Perhaps people see the original shell and make comment based on comparison? - While this is understandable, it is frustrating.

Not sure if I put that across correctly, but I know what I meant.

From a selfish point of view, I know from experience that settling at the 25 end of BMI soon goes over when trying to maintain. More reason to choose a lower figure - for a bit of manoeuverability;)

whoo whooo Dawnie. thought you said no shorts :eek: impressed. Have fun at the gym :D Sunday Lunch is a lovely idea. Wish we could do that but its always footy over lunchtime in our house on a Sunday one or both boys is usually playing. Chris is today xxxxxxxx

Hi Jackie x

I did say no shorts didn't I lol! We couldn't justify paying a fortune for gym joggers and the shorts were reduced lol! Of course I might never wear them :rolleyes:

My younger son Daniel plays footy on Sundays but luckily he's always home in time for dinner at 13.30! It's his favourite meal of the week :)

Hey my lovely!

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday and wow you're ready for the pool and gym now. Good on you though. I'm sure it will help tone and obviously good exercise. Hope Sarah looks after you.

Did you decide on a roast today? Mmmm craving one now but instead we are going to have a hodge podge of ingredients from the fridge that need using up before we go away tomorrow. Just having a quick rest then will get cooking.

Have a lovely day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Penny x

Yes, we had pork with apple sauce / crab apple jelly, roast spuds, carrots, cauli, broccoli, sweetcorn and mange tout (well I didn't have the spuds or apple sauce as I was on a red day). I did have a bit of a panic attack when I couldn't find a suitable pudding in the freezer so I quickly made a microwave treacle sponge which went down very well lol!

So are we really up for this?

Meet you there?

7 o'clock?

a.m., that is...

Yup!

I think so! I mean I've got my bag packed and everything :D

Just feel a bit scared at the thought of it :eek:

Haven't been swimming for 22 years!!!

Can you text me to make sure I'm up please?

. . . From a selfish point of view, I know from experience that settling at the 25 end of BMI soon goes over when trying to maintain. More reason to choose a lower figure - for a bit of manoeuverability;)
You might have problems when your BMI is at 25, but Dinky Dawn is now at 22.6 and not struggling at all! :eek: And 7 lbs off in 2 weeks in pretty good going for a lady already below her original target. :D In fact, pretty impressive really.

I'm not very keen on serious posts as you know, but Dawnie I have to say a couple of things. Without fail, EVERY SINGLE time people have said to me, "You don't need to lose any more weight" it is by people comparing me to how I was, not how I could or should be!

I have been told this since 13.5st! (remember I have been as low as 10st 8lb)

My point being, there are people my height (yes. loads of pixie-peeps in the northeast;)) - both male and female, who are a lot slimmer and weigh a lot less and the NEVER receive comments saying they are too thin or small.

Perhaps people see the original shell and make comment based on comparison? - While this is understandable, it is frustrating.

Not sure if I put that across correctly, but I know what I meant.

From a selfish point of view, I know from experience that settling at the 25 end of BMI soon goes over when trying to maintain. More reason to choose a lower figure - for a bit of manoeuverability;)

Thanks for that rare serious post Steve :thankyou:

Yes, that makes sense. People who have never met me before would not comment either way on my size or shape. But obviously those who have seen me "deflating" will see quite a difference.

Shirley tried to tell me I was thin today...I'm not. I'm thinner. There's a difference.

I'm happy to go a bit lower to give myself some leeway for meals out/holidays etc. Like a safety net :)

Back