Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

No swimming until you've got rid of the cold.
That's an order.

It won't help - and could hinder.

Don't make the effort to get out of bed stay exactly where you are! Stay warm and keep your fluids up, let Gwyn look after you ;) xx

Awwww sorry to hear you're ill Dawnie. Stay in bed and drink lots of water. I hope you're feeling much better soon xx

Morning Dawn,

Sorry to read that you are feeling poorly :hug99:

Catching colds easily is the reason I don't swim on these chilly mornings, because despite the water being warm enough, the surrounding area is a bit chilly, likewise, whilst the showers are boiling, when the water stops, it is cold!

No swimming until you've got rid of the cold.
That's an order.

It won't help - and could hinder.

Crikey! That told me! :eek:

Well I did manage to get out of bed and have a shower which perked me up enough to have a late breakfast. Just wish I could get rid of this bunged up feeling and the sneezing! :sigh:

Anyway, nice lay afternoon planned, laying on the settee with my lappy and 3 rugby matches! :bliss: That's if I stay awake long enough to watch them :rolleyes: Saints are playing at 6 so I must watch them.

Forgot to tell you about a couple of little nsv's yesterday. Actually I'm not sure if they're proper nsv's or just little confidence boosts, but they made me smile :)

The first was while I was looking at a rail of clothes outside the charity shop. A guy came over who obviously worked there, and as he walked passed me I looked up and smiled at him. Well he started chatting to me didn't he :rolleyes: He had a right twinkle in his eye and said it was no good me fluttering my eyelashes at him and standing there in my tights (!) as he hadn't got any money to buy me clothes with lol! And no sooner had he gone in the shop than he was back out again chatting away!

And then when I got home the recycling wagon was almost at the house, so I parked up in the garage and then stood by our boxes waiting for them to be emptied. We live in a cul-de-sac of 4 houses and it looked as if all the other boxes were going to be emptied first, so I stood there waiting. Then the wagon driver got out of the cab and came over, and I thought he was going to moan about something as it's a bit tight trying to turn the vehicle round. But instead, he winked at me and emptied all my boxes, and then got back in the cab! :giggle:

So, I may start wearing skirts and woolly tights more often lol! ;)

Think I'll post my food now in case I fall asleep early tonight.

Red Day

2 x wm toast (B)
butter (2)
marmite

2 x eggs
toms
cheese (A)
sauce (1)
banana/grapes/yoghurt

chicken stir fry (4)
jelly and yoghurt
wine (6)

milky coffee (A)
hi fi bar (B)

Total syns - 13

Last edited:
Note to self: don't try to go to Ikea restaurant when Saints are playing at MK Dons.

It wasn't a great result, was it?

How are you feeling now, Dawniekins?

Aww you poor thing. Hope you feel less bunged up now. Hot showers are good and olbas oil on your tissue will help.

Hope you did have a lazy day and stayed awake for the rugby.

Have to agree with the others that you shouldn't go swimming until you're better otherwise you are bound to make yourself worse.

Finally how did you manage to put tights on after swimming??? Maybe it is just me but I always struggle to get dry and dressed after swimming in those tiny cubicles.

Get well soon. Big hugs x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Note to self: don't try to go to Ikea restaurant when Saints are playing at MK Dons.

It wasn't a great result, was it?

How are you feeling now, Dawniekins?

It was a p*ss poor result!!! :mad: We had them in the first half and then gave it away in the second :badmood:

I'm not too bad thanks. I'm sure another fairly lazy day tomorrow will do the trick and I'll be fine for swimming on Monday if you want to go x

Aww you poor thing. Hope you feel less bunged up now. Hot showers are good and olbas oil on your tissue will help.

Hope you did have a lazy day and stayed awake for the rugby.

Have to agree with the others that you shouldn't go swimming until you're better otherwise you are bound to make yourself worse.

Finally how did you manage to put tights on after swimming??? Maybe it is just me but I always struggle to get dry and dressed after swimming in those tiny cubicles.

Get well soon. Big hugs x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had a nice lazy day thanks Penny x Dozed on the settee this afternoon and then moaned all the way through the Saints match! :rolleyes:

As for the tights and swimming...we don't bother with the useless little cubicles. Normally there's only 2 or 3 other women in the changing rooms anyway, and it's not like I've got much to look at these days!!! :sigh: And they were woolly tights...a lot easier to get on than nylon ones, especially after a liberal sprinkling of talc :p

I'm not too bad thanks. I'm sure another fairly lazy day tomorrow will do the trick and I'll be fine for swimming on Monday if you want to go x

I'll speak to you tomorrow evening to see how you are.
You might be fine for most things, but it's really not a good idea to do much in the way of strenuous exercise when you've got a cold.
Particularly swimmiing.

So if you're not well enough, you really shouldn't.
It won't do you any harm to wait a few days.

Ok sis, I'll see how I am tomorrow.

Got a curry in the slow cooker for tomorrows dinner so hoping to sweat it out of me! Text u in a minute...

Good morning Dawn, have a great Sunday :) enjoy your curry and i hope your feeling better today xx

:sick:hi hunny, hope you are feeling a bit better tday :sick:

Enjoy your curry. Add lots of chilli and sweat those bugs out :patback:

Thanks guys,

Feeling so much better today...haven't even taken any paracetamol yet so that's a good sign!

I did have a nice lay in till about 9, with a lovely cup of tea. And I managed to do my exercises too which has given me a bit of a boost. Wasn't too amused that the scales say I've gained a pound...:argh:

The curry was absolutely delicious and I was so pleased as even Vicki demolished her portion! The meat and veg (no euphemism intended Steve :flirt2:) just melted away to make a beautiful sauce and was enjoyed by everyone. Shame I can't for the life of me remember what I put in it! :rolleyes:

Now I'm curled up again on the settee, blinds drawn, rugby on the tv and minis on my lappy :bliss: It's blowing a gale outside and I'm all snuggled up and warm and I love it!

Gona put my food on now and edit later if necessary...

EE Day

1 x 400g slice wm bread (B)
butter (2)
marmite

beef/potato/bns/mushroom/onion/green bean/parsnip/pea curry (2)
boiled rice
onion/tomato/cucumber salad
chutney (4)
jelly/yoghurt/grapes/tangerine

milk for teas/coffees (A)
Yoghurt (1)
Grapes

Total syns so far - 9
Exercise - 400 reps exercise machine
100 leg lifts
10 sit ups

Last edited:
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better :)

Glad you are feeling bit better Dawn. That curry sounds lush mmmmm. I need to be more adventurous with my slow cooker, apart from it often seems a lot of effort for just me, because bf wont eat most things cooked in it like stew or anything which results in veg not being crunchy! I guess i could freeze portions but it is not the same really.
Hope you have a nice afternoon x

There is something verty strange going on here. I've written this 3 times now and Minis keeps just clearing the screen and losing my post.

Glad you are feeling a bit better chica. Sorry I've not been araound, been a bit poorly myself. 24 hours of close confidential with the bathroom. :sign0137:

:happy096: on going swimming on your own. I have to say I used to love having the pool to myself. I used to manage it for about 15 minutes every morning when I swam seriously - time for me, my thoughts and the water. Also no one to get in the way which was a blumin' good job with my wayward butterfly! :eek:

Morning guys x

Can't stop long as I'm on my way out to town. Vicki went on Saturday and came back with loads of cheap clothes from peacocks as they hav a closing down sale! So gwyn and I are off there now to see if there's anything we fancy!

I wasn't allowed to go swimming today cos sis Sarah put her foot down and said I couldn't go with my cold...but we're going tomorrow, aren't we Sarah? Despite the fact that its my 8th wedding anniversary and I might have fancied a lie in!

Anyway, time to go...see u later, hopefully with lots of bargains!

You can have your lie in, with your gorgeous husband, on your Wedding Anniversary.

Wednesday's just as good as Tuesday for swimming!

Back