Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Maximus said:
I actually switched the ipad off at 4.45am this morning! - the time i was getting up to go walking - madness!

I'm no virgo (really, Dawn:p) - I'm not into all this astrology stuff. I know My mam was a Leo and my dad a Capricorn - so I guess that makes me a Leprachaun;)

Hey Stevie babe,

Does mumsie know you're up so late? :)

gl12282 said:
You are just too nice to me :D

Be careful though - JoT might be lurking somewhere. She probably won't be too happy with you what with all this niceness............:p

Hope your day went well sis.

Gail xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Evening sis,

I think JoT is far too busy knitting scarves and earrings to notice any niceness lol! Xx

Pommette said:
Now look here Dirty Dawn, Deviant Dawn, Delectable Dawn, Dynamic Dawn.

You look ABSOLUTLEY STUNNING in that dress so go for it and wear it on your birthday! I guarantee there will be a LOT of compliments.

Ok .... Brilliant Bev, Bonkers Bev, Perfect Pommette, Pontificating Pommette!

I will, and thankyou! Xxx

Now look here Dirty Dawn, Deviant Dawn, Delectable Dawn, Dynamic Dawn.

You look ABSOLUTLEY STUNNING in that dress so go for it and wear it on your birthday! I guarantee there will be a LOT of compliments.

You missed dippy & dopey;)

Evening all x

Well, I was kinda tempted not to write on here tonight as my food day has been very naughty and most unlike me, lol!

First job of the day was to bath Suki as I didn't get round to doing it yesterday. Then hoovering. Then it was time to cook dinner and there was loads to do as we had company. So just as I got started, mum walked thru the door with little Maddie. Having apologised for being too busy to chat, I got back in the kitchen only to hear the door bell go again. And there was my brother with his wife at the door! I felt awful not being able to stop and chat! Then Vicki came back with Matt and his sister Issy...
It's a wonder I managed to cook anything at all!

Gwyn returned from church a bit later with les and Susan and we had a lovely gammon dinner, NOT sw style, followed by strawberry pavlova! Then we spent the afternoon chatting and watching the footie.
Before they left, Les took my hand and said that he'd had a wonderful day and thanked us. Since losing his wife Helen, he's been suffering from severe depression, and at the age of 85 Les really didn't want to go on without her. But he said today had given him a much needed boost, which was great...made all the worrying earlier worthwhile.

But, I don't even want to guess how many syns I had today! Fresh cream! Olive oil! Orange glazed gammon (yes there was even a bit of fat on it!) ...
So now I have to be EXTRA good for the rest of the week to make up for it :(

Hmmn...maybe some more SEx days are in order...

Hope alls well with everyone in minis world. Enjoy your bank holiday peeps xxx

Hey lady! - the syn count was balanced by your excellent thoughts and deeds and making an old man very happy. Funny that with me you make a happy man very old, but hey-ho can't win 'em all:p

Makes no difference...so that makes you another birthday girl!

Woooo! We're going to need a big birthday cake ladies! :)

Is there enough wax in the world - I fear not! - blessed are the candlemakers.;)

Ok .... Brilliant Bev, Bonkers Bev, Perfect Pommette, Pontificating Pommette!

I will, and thankyou! Xxx

I could think of a few for Pommette:eek:

skinnydawn said:
Well, I was kinda tempted not to write on here tonight as my food day has been very naughty and most unlike me, lol!

........Before they left, Les took my hand and said that he'd had a wonderful day and thanked us. Since losing his wife Helen, he's been suffering from severe depression, and at the age of 85 Les really didn't want to go on without her. But he said today had given him a much needed boost, which was great...made all the worrying earlier worthwhile.

But, I don't even want to guess how many syns I had today !
So now I have to be EXTRA good for the rest of the week to make up for it :(

Hmmn...maybe some more SEx days are in order...

Awwww. How lovely that you could do that for him :)

Snap to yesterday's food sis !! Went out for a walk with friends and then to a gastro pub for a lovely 3 course non SW meal ! Really enjoyed it, no regrets and back on track today :)

Good luck with the SEx - let us know how it goes ;)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

That pavlova really does sound yummy... I'm really craving sweet stuff at the moment, not sure why cos I don't really have a sweet tooth...

Sounds like you had a really lovely day yesterday, despite the chaos. And how lovely of Les to say such a nice thing to you. Must have made your day :D

Happy bank holiday xxx

You missed dippy & dopey;)

Hey lady! - the syn count was balanced by your excellent thoughts and deeds and making an old man very happy. Funny that with me you make a happy man very old, but hey-ho can't win 'em all:p

Is there enough wax in the world - I fear not! - blessed are the candlemakers.;)

I could think of a few for Pommette:eek:

You can go off people you know...;)

You can go off people you know...;)
Blimey, was that the sound of you being stumped for a retort;-)

Perhaps you lose your acerbic wit as you get lighter? - you know, a bit like Samson lost his strength after a short back and sides?

Did you get my email ok?

Evening ladies...and stalker Steve of course!

Well that's another bh gone :sigh:...don't they pass quickly!!!

I'm afraid to say I'm done absolutely sod all today! :eek: But then it WAS a bh! ;)

We had a bit of an upset in the night when Gwyn got up to go to the loo and we think must have either trodden on Suki or frightened her cos she suddenly started screeching! Omg it was awful! We picked her up and checked her over and couldn't find anythin wrong with her, and within a minute she was rolling around on the bed having her belly tickled and was absolutely fine so we're really not sure what happened :confused: Anyway she woke us up around 6.30 this morning and was showing no signs of any problems thank goodness. So we had a cuppa in bed and then all fell asleep again! :zz:

So we had a late breakfast and pottered about until mum popped in to tell us about a car she and Andrew had been to see.

After lunch we took Suki to the garden centre to get some more food as she's eating us out of house and home atm! It's lovely to see her eating so well, little porker!

Then after tea we settled down to watch tv...and were woken up by the Avon lady who had brought my new bra! :banana dancer:

So no carpet cleaning AGAIN! :eek: And not much else done either! I have spent quite a lot of time on line looking at dog insurance today but still haven't decided on a company yet. If anyone has any experience of pet insurance, good or bad, I'd be interested to hear about it. We're looking at getting life long cover.

I'm pleased to say my food is back on track after yesterdays fiasco :ashamed0005: and I'm hoping to be VERY good in order to scrape a loss on Thursday!! :cross:

Todays food SEx day

2x wm toast (B)
butter (2)
marmite

250ml ss milk (A)

tuna salad
salad cream (2)
strawberries & yoghurt

Chicken
salad cream (2)
mash & butter & cheese (2 + A)
carrots
green beans
roast onion
mushrooms
strawberries & yoghurt

Fibre plus bar (B)

Total syns:- 8

Blimey, was that the sound of you being stumped for a retort;-)

Perhaps you lose your acerbic wit as you get lighter? - you know, a bit like Samson lost his strength after a short back and sides?

Did you get my email ok?

LOL! :slap:

Oh I've still got it hunni don't you worry!

And my sense of humour is still pretty good too! :flirt2:

No email yet...pm you my addy again x

I did a tonne of research on dog insurance and found the fairest and don't go up in leaps and bounds each year was AXA Dawn :)

sounds like you have had a lovely day :) Suki bless her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Jackie,

I'll google them. It's driving me round the bend trying to sort it out!

Thanks Jackie,

I'll google them. It's driving me round the bend trying to sort it out!

Be very careful. M& S for example do a good deal first year and then they bump it up big time the next etc etc and some excesses are huge :(

Hi dawn, Shenzi normally does that if we step on her paw but is usually fine soon after!

We have Halifax pet insurance, they cover for life, as Shenzi will be prone to hip problems in later life i think its 9 pound a month, they also pay vet directly which would be a massive help should anything ever happen. X

Our excess is only 50. Insurance started at 6 pound a month and has gone up 3 pound over a 3 year period x

Hey Dawn,

Just catching up on the last few days. Sounds like you had a busy but lovely day yesterday. Well done for providing support, company and a good laugh for someone suffering. It must be awful for Les, trying to adapt to his life without his companion, so it was very kind of you to help out. Your food sounded lush.
Glad you had a nice chilled day and food looks yum again. Fingers crossed for a weight loss this week. You never know, some synful food could kick start your weight loss?!?
Take care x

Hi dawn, Shenzi normally does that if we step on her paw but is usually fine soon after!

We have Halifax pet insurance, they cover for life, as Shenzi will be prone to hip problems in later life i think its 9 pound a month, they also pay vet directly which would be a massive help should anything ever happen. X

Our excess is only 50. Insurance started at 6 pound a month and has gone up 3 pound over a 3 year period x

Thanks Emma x

That's really good!

The quotes I've had so far have been between £17 & £24 per month! :eek::eek:

Hey Dawn,

Just catching up on the last few days. Sounds like you had a busy but lovely day yesterday. Well done for providing support, company and a good laugh for someone suffering. It must be awful for Les, trying to adapt to his life without his companion, so it was very kind of you to help out. Your food sounded lush.
Glad you had a nice chilled day and food looks yum again. Fingers crossed for a weight loss this week. You never know, some synful food could kick start your weight loss?!?
Take care x

Aww, thanks Penny x

He's a really super guy, 85 years old and pretty immobile, but he's always ready with a story! He entertained us all over dinner, in particular my 2 boys who were really interested in the tales he had to tell about his days on the electricity board!

I want to lose this week so badly lol!!! So close...:eek:

Hi Dawn.

I have never seen anything move as fast as your diary does.............:bolt:

Glad you had a good lazy day today it sounds like you needed it !!!

Heeey Dawn,

Just had a big read of the past 6 pages - all since Friday!! :eek:

You look absolutely lovely n your dresses! :) Hope you have had a good weekend.

Pet insurance wise I would recommend Pet Plan, although they are prob one of the most expensive they pay out well and quickly - are very good. I wouldn't recommend E&L they are useless!! And always go for a life time cover, so they will insure that one condition for her whole life, also, unlike car insurance its ood to stick with the one company for life, as if you changed insurance company after claiming for a condition with your previous company the new company wouldn't cover it.

Hope little Suki is doing well :) xx

Back