Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Morning Dawn :wavey:

Made it back eventually -*bad bad me* -not keeping up with every ones diaries:copon:

ooh I hope you aches n pains (and sore bits) are on the mend soon :vibes:.

Im with shirley -I don't *DO* big roads when I drive :eek: -I can just about handle dual carriageways -NEVER been on a motorway :shifter: although I tried a go on the autobahn once -now baring in mind it was 3am and so fairly empty apart from a few trucks -I passed 1 lorry :character00182: and had to pull into the next service for hubby to drive as I was a wreck :p.
I really should have gone straight onto motorway driving lessons when I passed my test way back when!! -I do hate driving though -good job I have hubby ;)

Are the cats pooping on your garden? If so then get a seed tray and fill with fresh soil and stick out of the way under a hedge or something... you should find that they might start using that as they love freshly dug earth. Then you just have to change it every so often -I know you shouldn't have to do it -but its better than it all over the garden. It worked for us, along with pop bottles of water stuck in the borders -they don't like the distorted reflections they throw ;). I will ask my mum for the name of the spray she is using... she just sprays it at the points the cats usually come in at and they won't cross it -although apparently it does stink to high heaven when you first spray -as mum found out when a gust of wind hit it when she was spraying and it covered her :rotflmao:
Right I will get off again....
Have a good day my lovely and keep up the great work!!!

Ooo that's not too nice for him!!! Have you tried one of those cat scarer's as well?? Not sure if they work very though!!

I'm doing well thanks, had WI last night, lost 2lbs - please with that, only 2lbs away from my next shiny!!

I haven't got a diary on here yet! Maybe I will start one, but I never really know what to say!! Hehe!

Yours is always soo good, you have a way with the smilies to keep us all entertained!

Hey Becs thats a great loss this week! Well done!
You HAVE to get yourself a diary on here! I was the same...started on sw Jan 7th but didn't start my diary till April 5th, and it really makes a difference. Go on, give it a go! ;)
We haven't tried anything else for the feline problem other than chucking buckets of water over them :eek: but the little blighters are a bit quick to spot us now & I usually just end up watering the plants! :rolleyes: Hubby has tried throwing dropped crab apples at them but (thankfully :rolleyes:) he's got a rubbish aim lol!!!

Morning Dawn :wavey:

Made it back eventually -*bad bad me* -not keeping up with every ones diaries:copon:

Are the cats pooping on your garden? If so then get a seed tray and fill with fresh soil and stick out of the way under a hedge or something... you should find that they might start using that as they love freshly dug earth. Then you just have to change it every so often -I know you shouldn't have to do it -but its better than it all over the garden. It worked for us, along with pop bottles of water stuck in the borders -they don't like the distorted reflections they throw ;). I will ask my mum for the name of the spray she is using... she just sprays it at the points the cats usually come in at and they won't cross it -although apparently it does stink to high heaven when you first spray -as mum found out when a gust of wind hit it when she was spraying and it covered her :rotflmao:
Right I will get off again....
Have a good day my lovely and keep up the great work!!!

Morning Capricorn xx

You have so many of us following your diary hunni that we don't expect you to comment on all of ours too! :grouphugg:There wouldn't be enough hours in the day for you to do that! :superwoman: You concentrate on yours and we can all chat to you there! :blahblah:

I will show your suggestions re cats to hubby & see about trying them. I particularly like the plastic bottles idea, and the spray thingy :)
Take care xxx

Hey Becs thats a great loss this week! Well done!
You HAVE to get yourself a diary on here! I was the same...started on sw Jan 7th but didn't start my diary till April 5th, and it really makes a difference. Go on, give it a go! ;)
We haven't tried anything else for the feline problem other than chucking buckets of water over them :eek: but the little blighters are a bit quick to spot us now & I usually just end up watering the plants! :rolleyes: Hubby has tried throwing dropped crab apples at them but (thankfully :rolleyes:) he's got a rubbish aim lol!!!

Thank you! :D
Yeah I may do it!! I'll try it and see what I think!!
That made me laugh about the apples, yeah good thing he has a rubbish aim, or it'll soon cause an up-roar with the neighbours!!! And the throwing of the bucket of water!! Mine seem to like water.. well the rain anyway!! Riley will stay out all night when its raining, silly cat!!! Hehe! :)

Morning!

How's the Greatest Aviary in Northampton?
Do I have to get the RSPB out yet?

No escapees to report so far I'm afraid! And I'm sure I heard quacking earlier...;)

Well I had a bit of a brainwave while I was mowing the lawn (yes Jot I DO have a brain!).
I thought I'd sprinkle Chilli powder and cayenne pepper on the parts of the garden that the little toerags are messing on :)
All was going well until I heard this frantic sniffing noise, followed by an almighty CRACK, and not one but TWO huge doggy heads appeared thru a rapidly growing hole in the fence! How was I supposed to know it turned em on! The stupid things were climbing over themselves to get their heads in and LICK the blinking spices off! Can u believe it?! Had to shout for hubby to help me push em away and stop em clawing at the fence! We eventually blocked the hole up with a massive roofing tile and breeze blocks! Lovely!
So once I'd recovered, I wrote a really sh*tty letter to the neighbours saying that while their dogs had been left unattended in their garden, they'd tried to force their way into MINE and broken the fence, and that they needed to repair it ASAP! I chucked the letter in a sandwich bag and stuck it on the fence with a drawing pin lol! Think I mite have forgotten to mention the spices tho...not MY fault their dogs are perverted lol!

Well I never knew that they were a doggy aphrodisiac!
Now I know why my dog is jumping around ever so excited a the mere smell of Chill con carne!

Have you tried sprinkling olbas oil on the garden, it works, and clears your nose at the same time.

Well I never knew that they were a doggy aphrodisiac!
Now I know why my dog is jumping around ever so excited a the mere smell of Chill con carne!

Have you tried sprinkling olbas oil on the garden, it works, and clears your nose at the same time.

Cant say ive ever heard of that but that is really funny! HAHAHA!

Hey bestie,
What is it with you and animals at the moment? skim read through a day of posting and I got birds, cats and dogs, weird chilli pepper loving dogs, haha! Like your style with the neighbours, wonder if they'll respond!
Hope your ok bestie x

Well I really don't know what's going on atm!!! :silly:

As I said to Gwyn earlier, for a household with no pets we seem to have an awful lot of trouble with cats, dogs and birds!!! :rolleyes: I'm just glad we don't live next to an alligator park...
I might try the olbas oil ginlin, but knowing my luck I'll have a stampede of horny elephants come crashing through the fence :8855:

The big excitement of the day is that Andrew has got his new car :woohoo: Bless him! He's gonna have such a face ache tomorrow if he doesn't take that enormous grin off his face soon :D He's already taken it to show my mum, his best friend, his brother, and Shirley! And I went for a little drive in it in my dressing gown :shifter:

I have to watch The Apprentice now so will quickly post my food xx

Todays Food

42g all bran (B)
175ml s milk (1/2 A)

ryvita (1 1/2)
tinned salmon
velvet crunch crisps (4)

pasta quiche
21g 1/2 fat cheese (1/2 A)
salad
salad cream (2)
mushrooms
G&T (3)

Total syns:- 10 1/2
Exercise:- none

Chat later xxx :wavey:

I'm half expecting to come on after work tomorrow and discover your garden has been invaded by bunnies! Which would be pretty funny (once i'd checked Maisie hadn't been bunny napped) x

I have to watch The Apprentice now so will quickly post my food xx

The Apprentice is so cringe worthy so far. Am loving it. Seriously do they think calling a magazine for older people 'hip replacement' is actually a good one. And then the boy's 'how do you blow your load'. Are they having a laugh?!? I so love the Apprentice hehe x

Agreed, what a great episode of the apprentice. The name "Hip Replacement" was just so cringe, I couldn't actually believe my ears that they seriously thought that was a good idea. And the lads mag was awful. I seriously wonder about the level of intelligence of most of the contestants on that show. Lol, loved it of course!

Dawn cannot belieeeeeeve that about those pooches! Do you think the old cayenne/ paprika trick would work to get rid of snails!?

Oh Dawn, I was laughing so much at the bird and dog stories (and thank you JoT too - you are hilarious !!). I hope the birds have gone away now :)

Great news about the car too - I hope Andrew is loving it :)

And how did work go ???? I was thinking of you today (when I finally got up having only got to bed about 4am - I must learn to take my own advice about jetlag some day !!!!)

Gail x

Oh bestie i forgot to ask, do you have a HTC phone? (i thought i saw it in a post but i can't find it) if you do can you tell me if they have a normal size sim card or one of the mini ones like an iphone xxx

Hi Skinnydawn

Long time no speak! I was posting with you and goodisme a few months ago about bingeing! You were so kind and motivating and I was really pleased to come across your diary. I have read through the lot (no mean feat!) even though by page 20 or so I knew that I was going to read something so sad. You make me feel very humble - dunno what I'm grumbling/bingeing about and wish I had half your enthusiasm for life!

Anyway, it has spurred me on - Im no further forward really but no further back. I will be reading your diary from now on to see how it should be done!

Glad to have found you, hugs Pomooky XX (still rather porky)

Honestly the olbas oil does work, just mings!

Orange peel on the garden is also good, and has the benefits of being syn free to eat.

Back