Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Aww bestie...nasty hubby won't turn the car round! :'(

Don't fancy his chances of any body magic tonight! ;) Serves him right...meanie! :(

Ooh we're here! All unpacked and having a cuppa :)

Then its shopping to get some essentials, like wine Ginlin ;) and then its takeaway time! Woo woo! Methinks there may be a juicy pizza with my name on it ...I am so gonna have to do a lot of walking this week!

Here's the view from the bedroom window...the rivers Cocker and Derwent meet right outside the cottage :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110625_180839.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110625_180839.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 32
And this is taken from the patio...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110625_181702.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110625_181702.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 38
Wow Dawn, I've just read right through your diary having finally noticed the link from Gail's, (I'm computer illiterate :rolleyes:).

What an amazing woman you are, I am so sorry that you have had such a hard time lately. Your Dad sounds a much loved man, I hope the rawness of losing him lessens for you all soon and just the good memories remain. I don't think there can be many families who haven't been touched by cancer...mine has too.

I love the before and after pictures you posted, you really are an inspiration to me and being able to carry on during all your recent turmoil makes me quite ashamed when I can (and do :eek:) use any excuse to drift away from SW.

I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing holiday and that it doesn't rain too much! Have a great time with Gail and Jules when you meet, it'll be such fun. :)

Looks beautiful Dawn. I LOVE the lake District. Have friends who now live in Grange but come from Beckermet and used to visit once a year for the peace and tranquility. Enjoy girl - you deserve it!

Aww Bess, thankyou for such a lovely comment xxx
I won't deny it's been a very traumatic few months, even though we knew it was coming :'( I can't believe what a hole is left behind when a parent dies, and how long its going to take to heal.
As for the diet, I'm wondering now if the reason I managed to stick to it is because it gave me something else to focus on and kept me busy when we weren't with Dad. We all felt so damn helpless watching him slip away. Also, and I know I've said it before but I don't care, the ladies here are totally amazing and kept me company in the small hours when I couldn't sleep, comforted me when I was down, and motivated me when I needed it. A more selfless, friendly bunch you will never meet and I luv em all, even if we do take the mick out of eachother!
Thanks for reading my diary Bess...when I started it I was really scared no one would be interested and I'd be the only one on it, but I'm sure you'll agree I'm very lucky to have this mad lot leaving lovely, funny, and very often abusive comments lol! And I've even been fortunate enough (dont tell her I said this ;)) to meet JimofTroy as we work at the same hospital and have the same sw consultant! And I'm sooo looking forward to meeting up with Gail and Jules!
Anyway, you've got me rambling on now so I'll shut up and go shopping! The weather here is wet as usual but who cares lol!
Take care,
Dawn xxx

Dawn

So glad you're in such a lovely place and can relax by the river. Don't worry about the weather, you have your own brand of sunshine that will follow you everywhere.

Oh, and do NOT drink too much wine and fall off that lovely balcony! :D

Love Pomooky XX

I agree about the support on here Dawn, don't we make amazing friends? I laughed at some of Sarah's (JOT's) comments, she's very funny. :D

.Nicki. said:
oooooo its so pretty, there is one thing missing though!

My BESTIE!!! Xxx

Pomooky125 said:
Dawn

So glad you're in such a lovely place and can relax by the river. Don't worry about the weather, you have your own brand of sunshine that will follow you everywhere.

Oh, and do NOT drink too much wine and fall off that lovely balcony! :D

Love Pomooky XX

Ah thanks Pomooky! You are lovely xx

Only one glass of vino consumed...too stuffed with pizza lol! Xx

Bess said:
I agree about the support on here Dawn, don't we make amazing friends? I laughed at some of Sarah's (JOT's) comments, she's very funny. :D

She's bonkers Bess! Absolutely nutty as a syn free fruit cake but twice as much fun lol! Xx

Did I hear my name being taken in vain?

Have you taken the aviary with you, Dawn, or have you left all your feathered friends behind?

Hope you have a great time, anyway. Try not to miss this place too much...

Looks beautiful Dawn. I LOVE the lake District. Have friends who now live in Grange but come from Beckermet and used to visit once a year for the peace and tranquility. Enjoy girl - you deserve it!

Hey Dawn,

Where your staying looks lovely!!! Hope you have a lovely relaxing time away!! :D

xx

Your cottage view looks lush. Hope you are enjoying that pizza. Mmmmmmmmmm

Wow the view from your balcony looks fantastic...
I hope you have a fantastic time as you truly deserve it!
Have a glass or two of wine for me please ;)

Thanks for that guys xx

It is a lovely peaceful setting here, just what we need to help us unwind I think. No plans made for tomorrow yet...just see what takes our fancy. Andrew and his best mate Doug will be joining us tomorrow for the rest of tge week so it probably wont be quite as peaceful but we'll enjoy their conpany.

Take care all, lots of love, Dawn xx

Did I hear my name being taken in vain?

Have you taken the aviary with you, Dawn, or have you left all your feathered friends behind?

Hope you have a great time, anyway. Try not to miss this place too much...

You might have done...:busted:

Oh yes...news alert...

THE ALBATROSS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING...at last! :woohoo:

You might have done...:busted:

Oh yes...news alert...

THE ALBATROSS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING...at last! :woohoo:
Hip, hip, bloody hurray!
About time too :D

Back