Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

skinnydawn said:
Oh yes...news alert...

THE ALBATROSS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING...at last! :woohoo:

YAY - finally ! I mean I love our feathered friends but I think these ones outstayed their welcome a bit ;) Glad you're having a great time. Place looks fabulous. I love being near water (rivers/sea etc). Can't wait til Saturday.

Gail xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Ooh we're here! All unpacked and having a cuppa :)

Then its shopping to get some essentials, like wine Ginlin ;) and then its takeaway time! Woo woo! Methinks there may be a juicy pizza with my name on it ...I am so gonna have to do a lot of walking this week!

Here's the view from the bedroom window...the rivers Cocker and Derwent meet right outside the cottage :)

That's right stock up on life's essentials :party0036:

Lovely view!

Hi Dawn your holiday hotspot looks just perfect. I love it! Wish I was there! Hope you have a great time, you really deserve it.

I have your low syn roulade in the oven as we speak by the way! I had to make double the amount on the recipe as I didn't read it properly and added all the quark so it's MASSIVE. Have accepted the fact I may not be able to actually roll it! I'm also topping it with Weightwatchers chocolate dessert whip as bf doesn't like quark. I'm pretty excited even if it turns out a bit weird...

Really looking forward to our meet up! Xxxx

Hi Jules!

Now there's a good excuse for making TWICE as much roulade lol!

I really hope u like it! I'm goin to feel awful if u don't! I think its fab considering how low the syns are.

This place is so amazing...I'm already thinking about whether we could come back later in the year!

I think we'll have some fun on Saturday...I just hope I'm not back to being the size of a house again by then lol! Think another takeaway is on the cards for tonite!

This is the back of the cottage. When the chap who owns it bought it, it had to be totally renovated. And its been flooded several times too.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110626_150714.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110626_150714.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 36
  • ForumRunner_20110626_150823.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110626_150823.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 40
Glad to hear you're having a wonderful time on your holiday Dawn :D 'Just what the doctor ordered' as they say ;) I'm sure it's most welcome, and most definitely deserved IMO ;)
Mo x

Well we had a nice surprise this morning...the boys arrived early.
It was just a shame that I'd deadlocked the front door so they couldn't get in and spent 3 hours sitting in the car waiting for us to wake up lol! Bless em! Andrew was working till midnight and by 1am he was in the shower, and by 2am he and Doug couldn't wait any longer and so they set off! They drove thru the night and got here around 6, but obviously cudnt get in! Never mind, we did open the door eventually lol!

Gwyn asked if I'd like to go with him to church in the morning, which I don't normally do when we're on holiday, but I thought it mite be nice to keep Gwyn company. So we went along and were warmly welcomed by the small congregation.

Then we came back and watched the motor racing which was quite good. And afterwards we had a nice leisurely walk along the river, watching all the river birds and doing a bit of people watching! It seemed that EVERYONE has a dog here, and I still miss my 2 girls so much. So Gwyn and I chatted about it while we were sitting on a bench overlooking the river, and he suggested we think about getting one in September for my birthday! Bless him! I know he wanted us to have some time together without the ties of a dog. And I can appreciate why, but having had dogs for 15 years I miss their company.

And now we're just having a nice cuppa before going to get our Chinese. We're just sharing a curry and rice so shudnt be too bad! xx The boys have gone into Workington as there's a big fair on there.

Hope you guys are behaving yourself better than me!!

Lots of love xx

Chinese? :eek: i'm jealous!
Yeah about the doggy, that will be an awesome birthday pressie!
I've been trying to pluck up the courage to go to church for years, never managed it though. Behaving? um not so much maybe tomorrow :D

.Nicki. said:
Chinese? :eek: i'm jealous!
Yeah about the doggy, that will be an awesome birthday pressie!
I've been trying to pluck up the courage to go to church for years, never managed it though. Behaving? um not so much maybe tomorrow :D

Hey bestie!

I never really went to church before I met Gwyn...always thought of them as cold, dark and boring! But its not like that at all! Even today, where we didn't know anyone, there was a lovely friendly atmosphere, and everyone came to talk to us after the service. It was a United Reformed Church, the same as at home, and their services are quite short and not at all heavy xx

Anyway...gotta go...need curry! Xx

Glad you are having a nice time hun. The cottage and view look ace! Enjoy the Chinese and most importantly enjoy the rest of your week! X

Oooops. Never mind, I'm sure the boys didn't mind too much !! Hope you enjoyed the curry. Lovely news about possibility of a dog :)

Glad you're getting some R and R :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Well we had a nice surprise this morning...the boys arrived early.
It was just a shame that I'd deadlocked the front door so they couldn't get in and spent 3 hours sitting in the car waiting for us to wake up lol!
LOL - My hubby once got locked out of his mum & dads house. He lived at home whilst at Uni and they deadlocked the door one night by mistake so he couldn't get in. So he just hunkered down in the porch (he didn't have a car).
His dad got up at 7am, went to get the milk, found him and just left him there to sleep off the excesses of the night before.
It was February at the time and by the time he woke at 10am (still drunk) he was frozen solid!

julesm said:
What Chinese did you get? Yum yum yum!!!

Special curry, fried (oops) rice and an extra curry sauce...but we did share it lol! And all washed down with a cheeky bottle of red ;)

Pommette said:
LOL - My hubby once got locked out of his mum & dads house. He lived at home whilst at Uni and they deadlocked the door one night by mistake so he couldn't get in. So he just hunkered down in the porch (he didn't have a car).
His dad got up at 7am, went to get the milk, found him and just left him there to sleep off the excesses of the night before.
It was February at the time and by the time he woke at 10am (still drunk) he was frozen solid!

Lol! So glad I'm not the only one!

Poor lads were so tired they slept all afternoon...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110627_215421.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110627_215421.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 38
  • ForumRunner_20110627_215506.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110627_215506.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 36
Totally out for the count Jules!!

Well we managed to escape the sun yet again today grrr! How can the whole of the British Isles be bathed in glorious sunshine EXCEPT for Cockermouth?! And of course Birdsoswald which is where we went today to see Hadrians wall! Luckily it didn't matter as it didn't actually rain and we still had a lovely day.

It was spoiled by a phone call from Shirley though to say that Dads brother Dave had collapsed with a suspected stroke but that a scan had revealed he has cancer of the brain, and that its probably a secondary tumour. Just when you think the worry and suffering has come to an end it damn well starts back up again :( So that's nan, pap, auntie, uncle and dad...about bloody time this disease was wiped out for good.

Anyway when we got home Andrew was cooking spaghetti bolognaise for us all which was very tastey and totally LOADED with garlic lol.

And now we're watching Shallow Hal then off to bed.

Any spare sun would be much appreciated for tomorrow...!

Yum, bolognaise *drool*

Glad you're having a great time. Fingers crossed the weather stays good although it's not looking good !

So sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope they can make a firm diagnosis and plan so that you can help him in the best way possible.

See you Saturday :D

Gail xx

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks mini mum,

Just about had my fill of the c word. It can't even leave me alone when I'm on holiday :( I'm ok really...just peed off that its got to another member of my family. Hes a nice guy too, lovely wife, daughter and grand daughter.

Back