Thank you both!
That's brekkie sorted - Omelette!

Lol! :)

Well Stevie boy ... :flirt2:

try as I might ... :4635:

I can't come back with anything wittier than that ... :mad:

So I'm just gonna say ...

PMSL!!! :8855:

I knew you'd love my sense of humour eventually? - wear you down did I?;)

It is obvious that from the last sentence of the above load of spherical objects, male ones of course, proves that reading is not your high point.
On the other hand fiction is :D

Oh yeah? what if I read a load of fiction then? ;)

Hi All! :wavey:

Last night I decided it was time to stop nosing at other peoples diaries and start one of my own :eek: But now I'm here I'm wondering what on earth I'm going to write! :rolleyes: So to get the ball rolling I'll just introduce myself...

My name is Dawn & I live in Northampton. I married young against my families wishes, & then divorced 7 years & 3 children later :eek: After the split I threw all my energies into working and bringing up Andrew, Daniel & Victoria, along with a terrific amount of help from Mum. In fact if it hadn't been for her looking after the children I wouldn't have been able to continue in my job with the ambulance service, & we would have lost our house as my ex immediately gave up work so he didn't have to pay maintenance :mad:

Anyway, some 10 years later I was writing my xmas cards & decided to pop a note in one I was sending to an old school teacher who I hadn't seen since my wedding day. He rang me a couple of weeks later & we arranged to go for a meal & chat over old school times. Well...when he opened his front door something strange happened...sort of shivers down my spine :vibes: ...& we were married one year later :love047:

To be honest my weight had never really bothered me until Gwyn (he's Welsh) and I got together. I was 5'6" and nearly 14 stones & he was 5'4 & 11 stones! I mean I was pretty big anyway, but standing next to him I was flipping ENORMOUS! :fear: So I joined WW & lost nearly 5 stones before the wedding. We were married in January, had a big 65th birthday party for DH in March :candle1:, and then yet another party when he retired from teaching in June! :character0053: Quite a year really! Of course I kind of stopped watching what I was eating (well I already HAD my man didn't I? :character00250: ) & the weight started to creep back on. I was going to rejoin WW but a friend wanted to go to SW & talked me into going with her, & I loved it! Lost 4 stones :D

Then I was off work sick for 10 months, put the weight back on & some. My boss temporarily put me on light duties in the ambulance office where I was trained in controlling all the non-emergency ambulances in our area. I liked it so much I never did go back on the road. Rejoined SW and lost 5 stones :D

Then my Dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I went to pieces. We moved him & step mum Shirley from Somerset to the next street to us so we could help out. The cancer spread & Dad was given 3 - 6 months, so I took the decision to go part time at work in order to spend more time with him. As a last resort to prolong his life Dads oncologist tried him on a new drug called Tarceva. That was 3 years ago & he's currently one of the longest living survivors on this drug. Sadly Dads been deteriorating very quickly since xmas, but we are all so grateful to have had these past 3 years with him.

Of course through all of Dads illness I have just got bigger & bigger, & losing both my Nan & Auntie to cancer in the last two years sent me totally out of control. I have no idea what made me decide to rejoin SW in January, I didn't even tell OH I was going. Just waited till he came home from playing table tennis & told him I was 'at it again' lol! Didn't tell him I was 15 1/2 stones tho! :scale: I think I just decided I'd had enough of so many things in my life being beyond my control & I wanted to make a stand...I can't do much about the cancer but I CAN try to lose weight.

So here I am today, 12 weeks after rejoining SW & 30lbs lighter so far :happy036: Still 3 stones to go :sigh: but I'm still pretty motivated. :cross:

Right, that's quite enough of me :bolt: God...now I know why I didn't do one of these diaries before now! :crazy:

Please say hi if you are passing through...I do love a good natter :blahblah:

Luv Dawn xx

Todays food

2 x wm toast (B)
l/f spread (2 syns)
marmite

2 x ryvita (3)
1 x laughing cow blue cheese square (1 1/2)
l/f jelly + frozen fruit

chicken stir fry
sweet chilli sauce (2)
garlic bread (4)
jelly

options choc (2)

Dawn I have just read your story. You have come so far and overcome so much.

What a star you are

hugs xxxx

Seriously, I was going to be naughty and skip breakfast again, but moved my a**e and made a cheese omelette xxx

Ooh good girl!!! :D

Now no more skipping breakfast...ok??? ;)

Ooh good girl!!! :D

Now no more skipping breakfast...ok??? ;)

I know, and since the school holidays have began, it is one of my worst sins!
But daft though it is, sitting at the computer with my coffee, reading that post, I thought, my god, I fancy an omelette!...and better than that, I can have one...FREE!;)

Always ready to move my a**e for my food... at 800 cals am usually rumbling like a volcano come food time!

Loved the refresh of your diary beginning.. jsut shows how you have such a lovely chatty nature... :)

Thank you Emmaline :hug99:...that's a very kind thing to say xx

I love your new avatar piccy by the way :)

Dawn I have just read your story. You have come so far and overcome so much.

What a star you are

hugs xxxx

Thanks Sue :flowers:

I think we could say the same for you don't you think :hug99:

I can only imagine what you've been through hunni ... you're such a marvellous inspiration for women everywhere xx :winner:

Hey Dawn

Hope you are well and are safe from the riots. Did you get your bbq? You can def buy granite worktop without the kitchen - fact, B & Q are robbing gits! Have a look on internet at a company called Sheridan Fabrications, they are based in West Yorkshire and make/supply granite worktops, had some ourselves from them, also have a look at Symphony kitchens, they do too and I'm sure there will be loads on tinterweb.

Hope you're having a good week and thank you for your motivating posts on my diary, much appreciated.

xx

Hey Dawn

Hope you are well and are safe from the riots. Did you get your bbq? You can def buy granite worktop without the kitchen - fact, B & Q are robbing gits! Have a look on internet at a company called Sheridan Fabrications, they are based in West Yorkshire and make/supply granite worktops, had some ourselves from them, also have a look at Symphony kitchens, they do too and I'm sure there will be loads on tinterweb.

Hope you're having a good week and thank you for your motivating posts on my diary, much appreciated.

xx

Ooh thanks for that SB xx

We'll have a look at those websites :D I was sure we'd be able to find a company to do the job. I mean there's absolutely nothing wrong with the kitchen, but the worktops are showing a few signs of wear and tear, and I can't see us moving house in the near future since we're going to have all 3 of the children living with us soon :rolleyes: A new worktop would really make all the difference.

Thankfully no problems here as far as rioting goes so B&Q was still standing and we got the barbie...just gotta spend 6 hours putting it together now lol! :eek:

[SIZE=+1]SUKI [/SIZE]​

Of course you already knew all of that but the odd, passing male visitor might not:D

How odd is he? :D

Hannah:) said:
Glad to have them all back??

Also glad to hear that your area has so far remained riot free and you have your new BBQ for the Summer. :)

x

Hmmn...not exactly glad as I was convinced that my Dan would be with his gf forever cos they were so good together. But it wasn't to be, so I'm really sorry about that. But the mothering side of me wants to keep all my babies at home and never let them out into the big bad world lol! How sad am I? The rent on their flat isn't up until October so I'm expecting him home some time then.

Yep, got the barbie just in time to see the sun disappearing behind a cloud this morning...and haven't seen it since lol!

skinnydawn said:
Hmmn...not exactly glad as I was convinced that my Dan would be with his gf forever cos they were so good together. But it wasn't to be, so I'm really sorry about that. But the mothering side of me wants to keep all my babies at home and never let them out into the big bad world lol! How sad am I? The rent on their flat isn't up until October so I'm expecting him home some time then.

Yep, got the barbie just in time to see the sun disappearing behind a cloud this morning...and haven't seen it since lol!

All mothers are the same dawn except mine she couldn't wait to kick me out! Then again i was a witch when i was younger so can't blame her lol

The sun will be back out soon! We have just bought our barbecue as well, as once the gardener has been on Friday i am setting a date for a party so i hope it will pop out from behind the clouds! X

Hi. Just to let you know I'm still alive.
I'm a little bit MIA, but I'm just working through an "epiphany", which has got me straight back on plan.
Yes, I'll have 24 hours off over the weekend, but that is a genuine necessary break, involving drinking quite a lot at a wedding reception, and then being very supportive to my mother. And I'm happy with taking that time off because it's needed. But I'll be straight back afterwards.

And when I've finished sorting my head out on this epiphany, I'll be properly back.

Hope you have a good weigh in with Natty Mo.

JimofTroy said:
Hi. Just to let you know I'm still alive.
I'm a little bit MIA, but I'm just working through an "epiphany", which has got me straight back on plan.
Yes, I'll have 24 hours off over the weekend, but that is a genuine necessary break, involving drinking quite a lot at a wedding reception, and then being very supportive to my mother. And I'm happy with taking that time off because it's needed. But I'll be straight back afterwards.

And when I've finished sorting my head out on this epiphany, I'll be properly back.

Hope you have a good weigh in with Natty Mo.

Hello there Jim!

Thought you'd left me! ;) Popped by your diary earlier but u weren't about...I'll pop back later.

Damn scales are up and down like a yoyo so no idea about wi tomorrow...but I will be gutted if I don't lose again.

Maybe I'm eating too much spinach...

Back