Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Sorry Dawn. Hope things improve for you and your family really soon :)

Morning all, and thanks as always for your concern x

Edna has had a reasonable night, and the good news is she's much more lucid this morning and actually knows who she is so that's a massive improvement already. The hospital is carrying out tests, but one of the things they're looking at is the possibility of an infection having sent her diabetes out of control. If it is that, it should be fairly easy to sort out, but I should know more when Shirley rings. She's on her way to Norwich now.

I'm not impressed with my scales this morning :(

Can anyone tell me how you can get up and weigh 10st 11lb...go to the loo...weigh yourself again and GAIN a pound!!!

How can that be???!!!

So anyway I've gone through my emergency pre wi routine...

De fuzzed legs (hi Steve ;)) and underarms (could be 1/2lb just gone down the plug hole :))
Selected lightest clothing to wear tonight for wi
Rehearsed several quite plausible excuses ;)

I never used to worry about wi cos I was always fairly confident of a loss, but now I whittle like mad! Isn't it silly? I've only had 1 day that was pretty iffy and the rest have been fine, so 1 day shouldn't spoil a good week should it!

I did try on a pair of size 12 Next jeans today which I bought from a charity shop a few weeks ago but didn't fit...and I got them on! But OMG you've never seen a muffin top like it lol! They're the sort of jeans that I normally avoid...you know the ones with a little zip that just just come up to somewhere near your belly button! I didn't try them on at the shop so I didn't realise! So the overspill is actually quite spectacular! I was pmsl!

Oh well, maybe vicki would like them lol! Xx

Morning all, and thanks as always for your concern x

Edna has had a reasonable night, and the good news is she's much more lucid this morning and actually knows who she is so that's a massive improvement already. The hospital is carrying out tests, but one of the things they're looking at is the possibility of an infection having sent her diabetes out of control. If it is that, it should be fairly easy to sort out, but I should know more when Shirley rings. She's on her way to Norwich now.

I'm not impressed with my scales this morning :(

Can anyone tell me how you can get up and weigh 10st 11lb...go to the loo...weigh yourself again and GAIN a pound!!!

How can that be???!!!

So anyway I've gone through my emergency pre wi routine...

De fuzzed legs (hi Steve ;)) and underarms (could be 1/2lb just gone down the plug hole :))
Selected lightest clothing to wear tonight for wi
Rehearsed several quite plausible excuses ;)

I never used to worry about wi cos I was always fairly confident of a loss, but now I whittle like mad! Isn't it silly? I've only had 1 day that was pretty iffy and the rest have been fine, so 1 day shouldn't spoil a good week should it!

I did try on a pair of size 12 Next jeans today which I bought from a charity shop a few weeks ago but didn't fit...and I got them on! But OMG you've never seen a muffin top like it lol! They're the sort of jeans that I normally avoid...you know the ones with a little zip that just just come up to somewhere near your belly button! I didn't try them on at the shop so I didn't realise! So the overspill is actually quite spectacular! I was pmsl!

Oh well, maybe vicki would like them lol! Xx

My lovely Dawnie, your jeans story cracked me up. Well done for fitting in them, excellent stuff and you never know over the next few weeks they may look better? It's great how well you have done and the fact that you can fit into size 12 jeans now. Brilliant work!

i hope you get a loss tonight. Your body is obviously playing with you today but keep up the speed foods today, maybe a little jog around the garden with Suki, lots of water followed by loo trips, and light clothing, and you fingers crossed will get the loss you deserve.

Glad to hear Edna has improved slightly over night. Finger crossed they can work out what is causing the problem.

Better do some work now. Take care xxx

p.s - i had my hair cut this week, maybe that's why I lost 0.5lb!!

Depends whether you sit on the loo cramming chocolate cake into your mush!

Omg the jeans story had me pmsl

Now those scales, mine do that all the time i weigh in go to the toilet get back on and there's 2lbs on really not happy about that!

Im glad Edna is feeling a little better today

Good luck for tonight x x

Hi folks xx

Thanks for your concern over both Edna and myself :thankyou: Shirley has just phoned to say that Edna is having some lucid moments but is still extremely confused and not making much sense :( She told Shirley she'd spent all day looking for her late husband Eddie. And Shirley said she kept talking to the wall, and didn't recognise our names when she gave her our love. So we're now waiting for the results of a brain scan, and Edna is having a scan on her stomach tomorrow. We may know more then.

Well I have decided that my scales have psychopathic tendencies and are out to get me :mad:

They are NEVER to be believed again :rolleyes:

I lost 2.5lbs tonight which leaves me 1/2lb to lose for my 5st shiny, and 2lbs away from the target I set last week! :wee:

I'm amazed quite frankly! :eek: And totally over the moon of course! :bliss: And a bit nervous cos that light at the end of the tunnel seems to be getting closer and closer :hide:

Then what???! Should I reduce my target or just try to maintain for a while? :thinking2:

Lol...it seems so funny to be talking about target!!! :p

Anyway...quick post of food and then visiting...

EE

42g crunchy bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

slim a soup (3)
yoghurt

trout on a bed of spinach
salad
salad cream (2)
jacket spud
cheese (rest of A)
sw roulade
wine (6)

Alpen bar (3)

Total syns:- 14

Wow! Well done you. That's brilliant!
I'd say get to that target and then see. There's no need to do anything fast. And that would be a flippin' great weight to have got to!

Well done on your loss hun that's fabulous! I would say the same as Jim get to goal and see how you feel when you get there x x

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOPEE - Fan-tab-ul-osa chica.

Like the rest, I'd say get to target and have a pause. You'll have a good BMI and whether you have a muffin top on those jeans (pmsl too!) does not matter! You look fab already!

Silly question re Edna - she is fully hydrated I take it? My mum's only mildly diabetic but when she doesn't drink enough water then she gets very, very confused and makes no bl**dy sense whatsoever. She's a bit confused most of the time but much much worse when she hasn't drunk enough.

Wow Dawn, well done. See I told you you'd be ok. Those scales of you are just trying to tease you. I think you should get to your mini target and then see what your body does for a few weeks. If you naturally plateau then that is the target for you, but if you lose a few more pounds then stick with it. What you don't want to do is set a target to low to maintain. Well done though, such a great achievement! x

Wow! Well done you. That's brilliant!
I'd say get to that target and then see. There's no need to do anything fast. And that would be a flippin' great weight to have got to!

Waaaahaaaay. My hypothesis of the scales being completely mad this week though due to mine, Steve's and Laura's results has been thwarted though.....................:(

I agree with JoT. I'd get to target, 'take a breather' and just maintain (although I wouldn't change anything for now) and just see what happens. No point in making life too difficult. Then if you start to drift downwards and consistently out of range, you can consider revising the target. For now, I'd just get there, sit back and feel amazing for your achievement. Go you :D

Gail x

I agree with JoT. I'd get to target, 'take a breather' and just maintain (although I wouldn't change anything for now) and just see what happens. No point in making life too difficult. Then if you start to drift downwards and consistently out of range, you can consider revising the target. For now, I'd just get there, sit back and feel amazing for your achievement. Go you :D

Gail x

Great minds think alike.

OR

Fools...

Aww thankyou Emmaline xx

You know I believe you're the only person I talk to on here who isn't on SW, so you must be very special xx

A lot of my SW friends probably won't know you, but they would all be so impressed with the way you soldier on despite the almost constant pain you're in x. That's what I call truly inspirational xx

Take care x

I do because I've read Emmaline's thread. One very special lady I think. :)

Waaaahaaaay. My hypothesis of the scales being completely mad this week though due to mine, Steve's and Laura's results has been thwarted though.....................:(

Gail x

That's what I'd do too.

Dawn, just caught up and so sorry that you are once again having such a rough time. Poor Edna, getting old and failing is horrid, she's lucky to have such a caring family. Big hugs, and congratulation on the fantastic weight loss!! xxxx :)

Fan dabby dosey :talk017: :talk017: :bliss: what a result and well deserved too. Just plod on sweetie I think you will find your 'comfortable' weight on the way. Aim for your target weight and see how you go. What an achievement in a short space of time you've done so so well and inspire me to continue. xxxxx

Back