Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Morning Dawn, love that you are "skiving" off church!! The fact that you ever go is a helluva lot more than most of us, so I think you are allowed a day off sometimes!!

How's that gorgeous little pup of yours? Still a handful?? Bet she's loving her new life and can't believe her luck! xxxx

ginlin said:
Morning Dawn,

Glad that you had a good evening celebrating your success!

When you are missing someone special, every happy/celebratory moment has it's element of sadness and reflection :(, but you can smile at the happy memories, and know that he would have been so, so proud of your acheivements x

Thanks Lynne xxx

Maverick said:
Morning Dawn, love that you are "skiving" off church!! The fact that you ever go is a helluva lot more than most of us, so I think you are allowed a day off sometimes!!

How's that gorgeous little pup of yours? Still a handful?? Bet she's loving her new life and can't believe her luck! xxxx

Lol! I've been doubly naughty, cos I still haven't done anything yet! Still in my dressing gown and poor Gwyn has gone on his own.

But I have a good reason...my little fluff ball (thats my PUPPY Steve ;)) has been laying in my arms like a baby, and we've been having a lovely cuddle! Normally she's tearing round the place at 90 miles an hour! Or, if you pick her up, she gnaws your fingers or bites your nose or ears, but this morning she was all cuddly and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity! I've only just put her back on the floor and she's gone and curled up in the downstairs cloakroom! She so cute Laura! I adore her! Xx

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110918_110929.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110918_110929.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 69
Aww Dawn! Little Suki is soo gorgeous!! :D I want her.

Have you got much house work done yet?? Have a good day :) xxx

That puppy is seriously cute :D did you ever get the jobs done that you skived church to do :8855: or did Suki just get more cuddles :8855:
xxxxxx

Erm...well...I suppose the honest answer is no! :eek:

In my defence, that puppy has the biggest eyes ever, and the fluffiest coat, and the cutest little nose...I defy anyone to not want to cuddle her! ;)

I did manage to have a shower this morning, and do some washing, and tidy the bedroom...so the morning wasn't entirely wasted!!!

After lunch Gwyn and I took Suki for a walk up to the local garden centre. The weather was pretty cloudy but fine so it was nice to stretch our legs. Suki was so funny, zig-zagging on the path, jumping at every car that went past, and generally just bouncing around and sniffing everything! Once we got into the garden centre we soon realised that NO one can resist a puppy! Especially one as cute as Suki! I lost count of the number of people who stopped us to comment on how beautiful she is, and it was adults an children alike! And little Suki was very well behaved and lapped up all the fuss :D.

We popped by the market stall in the carpark there and came away with loads of cheap fruit and veg...3 pineapples, 3 bunches of spring onions, 2 cucumbers, half a carrier bag of plums...it weighed a ton carrying it home!

This afternoon we watched the United v Chelsea match and then I had a lovely surprise phone call from the gorgeous Gail! Sadly it was a quickie...only 1 hour and 6 minutes ;)...but we managed to cover quite a lot in such a short time lol!!! :p

Any how, after a couple of relatively relaxed days food wise, I'm going to start posting my food on here again so I can keep tabs on how I'm doing...

Todays Food Red

banana & yoghurt

salmon salad
salad cream (2)
apple
5 plums (they were really TINY!)

gammon steak
salad
salad cream (2)
sweet potato chips
fresh pineapple & yoghurt
wine (6)

Total syns:- 10

Have a lovely Sunday evening guys xxx

Morning Dawn,

Glad that you had a good evening celebrating your success!

When you are missing someone special, every happy/celebratory moment has it's element of sadness and reflection :(, but you can smile at the happy memories, and know that he would have been so, so proud of your acheivements x

Some months after my Dad died I was washing my car (a very rare event :eek:) and I suddenly heard him say, 'You've missed a bit.' It felled me and I sat on the grass in tears. Now I remember him happily each year when the daffodils come......He smoked heavily and had to have a leg amputated. A few months after the op. we all went out, to Bodnant Gardens in N. Wales. Dad was in his wheel chair and we left him safely on a level bit while we went to look round the bits that were inaccessible for him. When we got back he'd gone, Mum panicked and we followed the tyre marks of the wheelchair in the mud, they went a long way.....and we found him, sitting in it amongst masses of daffodils. He'd got out and pushed the chair in front of him, Mum was furious! So when I see a swathe of daffs, I think of him.

Suki is growing so quickly isn't she? So sweet. :) x

Aww thanks you Bess, what a wonderful memory to have xxx

Bless him...no wonder your mum was cross though!!!

These memories are so important aren't they? They really do help us to keep that special person alive :heartpump:

Yes, our little girl is not so little now...and nor are her teeth lol! :eek:

Hi Dawn,
how are you? Suki is such a yummy puppy, bless her! We have a Jack Russell called Albert and he is a real people dog and hates to be on his own. My husband has spoilt him rotten and now he is like having another child lol!!
Any way, just wanted to drop by and leave some love

Jade xx

Hi Jade x

Great to hear from you again! I think I just noticed you've started a diary so I'll pop along tonight!

I love the name Albert!!! Cracking name for a JR!!! I know exactly what you mean about hubby spoiling him...mine is just the same! :rolleyes:

Thanks for dropping by hunni xxx

Good evening ladies and Sarah ;)

How's tricks for you all today then?

I was rather rudely awakened by Suki duki fluff ball at the crack of 7am so I snuck out with her without waking gorgeous hubby up and took her out for a lovely early walk :chores016: Suki is getting much better on the lead now, although she still likes to zig zag along some times and trip me up!

I took a cuppa up to Gwyn later on and found he'd woken up with a bit of a cold :sick: so we dosed him up on paracetamol. Infections are always a nuisance for him as he has a bad chest but hopefully this is just a simple cold and will be gone in a couple of days.

Then I had a look at Vicki's paperwork for her car as just before she went away for 2 weeks, she announced that her car would need MOT'ing while she was away and would we be so kind as to sort it for her??? :rolleyes: So, after finding her paperwork, and discovering the MOT was due to run out TOMORROW :eek: a hurried phone call was made to the garage and we were lucky enough to get booked in for 11.30 today.

We decided to take Suki with us and after dropping the car off we called into B&Q to have another look at the kitchen worktops and lawn mowers. I think we've more or less decided not to get granite after all but to get a good quality laminate. I do love the granite, but we could get so much more done if we go for a cheaper option.

Well the car passed its MOT thank goodness and on the way home we called into our local pet store to see if we could find something nice for Suki. It's quite a big barn full of all sorts of things for all types of pets, and poor Suki was quite overwhelmed by the different food smells in there! We came away with a bag of pigs inner ears and a knotted hide bone. She actually carried one of the ears out to the car bless her, and was still chewing it at home an hour later!

After lunch we went round to Shirleys to see if we could fit Dad's display cabinet in the car to bring to ours. Shirley is staying at one of her sons atm, but she asked if we wanted the cabinet as she felt it was too big, and we said yes. But it was too big to get in the car, so I'm hoping Dan's friend will move it in his van tomorrow for us.

We had a pretty late tea and now we're watching Dragons Den, soon to be followed by Hells Kitchen USA!!!

Todays food was EE

28g ready brek (part B)
250ml ss milk (A)

salmon salad
salad cream (2)
ryvita (rest of B)
butter (2)

stir fried chicken / veg
home made fried rice and peas
fresh pineapple
yoghurt (1)

options hot choc (2)
fibre plus bar (6)

Total syns:- 13

Good evening ladies and Sarah ;)

That's better!

And my car is pretty big, so if you can't get to use the van, I could come and help.

Ooh glad you noticed the intro lol!

Thanks for the offer Sarah x. It's a big old display cabinet that dad used to keep his trophies in. We haven't really got room for it, but I just couldn't let it go to a stranger, so we're having it. It probably means something else will have to go...!

Well the entire universe fits in my car, so if you have any problem with getting a van, call me. Ok?

I love reading the account of your day Dawn, it's soothing!

How's Shirley's mum? xx

Back