Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Gosh, you're such a hoot, Dawn, I LOVE popping in here!
When did you reach target?! Obviously, while I was MIA. CONGRATULATIONS! xxx

Hey lil saus! X

Thanks for that!

Got to target about 3 wks ago!

Now I'm toying with the idea of dropping a bit more...this sw habit is a hard thing to break lol!

Lovely to see you about again xxx

Thanks Bev xx

I will do that. I have a gorgeous photo of him taken in the conservatory...he looks so well and happy! It's got pride of place on his cabinet, and I get a lot of comfort from remembering the great times we shared xxx
I've seen a lovely one of you all in your albums. He must have been a great dad!

Enjoy yourself in Bravissimo - I think Gwyn might well be in the kid in a sweet shop category! Give him a hug from me for even coming with you. As Penny said, mine goes bright red SKIRTING ROUND the M&S lingerie department. Even after being forced to do it for over 35 years!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Oh Bev, you do make me laugh! I think you may well be right! Not sure he'll know where to look first! I have had to gently explain that I don't think he'll be allowed in the fitting room...;)

We're in the car on our way now! Hope I find something! I think I'll stick with a pale colour so I can wear it under light tops x

Oooh have a lovely time. My bf won't come with me, well not out of choice. I guess if I really needed him to, he would but would be very embarrassed. I wouldnt take him though because he would say he liked everyone I tried on. It's the same with clothes, he won't tell me if I look awful. It is always 'you look lovely' or something along those lines. Huh men!

Lol Penny, I'd love to say my bf would say the same, unfortunately he is more likely to be brutally honest... !!

Oh dear,

One very smiley Dawnie on her way home from Bravissimo...

With a husband who can't take the great big grin off his face lol! ;)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111004_155737.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111004_155737.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 26
Oh dear,

One very smiley Dawnie on her way home from Bravissimo...

With a husband who can't take the great big grin off his face lol! ;)
Yay . . . . :talk017::talk017:
How about one of these :candledinner: to celebrate?

Ooh great minds think alike Bev!

I said to Gwyn on the way home that he needs to take me out wearing them now! :)

Ooh great minds think alike Bev!

I said to Gwyn on the way home that he needs to take me out wearing them now! :)
I don't suppose we're going to get a photo of them are we though?

Last edited:
Ooh someones had a lovely day :) x

Pommette said:
I don't suppose we're going to get a photo of them are we though?

LIKE!

Gosh it has taken me ages to read all I have missed in the last 2 weeks................

Now what's this about a meet ?? :airplane:There are planes from Spain you know or is it that my daughters and son do not want mumsie to see what they get up to ??:D

hugs :bighug:

Awwww. Love the bag Dawn. Hope what's in it was just as lovely - reading this thread today has really cheered me up :D. I'm excited to know to know what you bought. Was Gwyn allowed in the changing room ??

It's so lovely to read that you had a good time. Do you think it makes any difference to how you look with clothes on ? Good underwear can take lbs off you.

Thanks for giving me a big smile and for going shopping so quickly :D

Gail xxx

Evening all!!!

Sorry I've taken so long to appear tonight! After we got back from MK I needed to get dinner on quick as Vicki had got St John and Gwyn was going to one of his choirs AGMs. And by the time we'd eaten and I'd got that all cleared away, it was getting late. So I watched Masterchef Australia and then I got the urge to go for a run! I haven't been for ages so it was a bit of a shock to the system :eek:, but it was a nice cool night and I enjoyed it. When I got back, Suki was looking up at me all hopeful so I went back out again with her! :chores016: And then I thought I'd get my pj's on...and now here I am, finally!!! :wavey:

So, back to this afternoon...cos I know you all want to know how it went!

Well, it was absolutely brilliant! I can't fault Bravissimo at all! We went upstairs to the lingerie department where we found a lovely bright shop with lots of stock on display. We had a little look around and then I asked one of the staff if it was possible to be measured.

She took me into a huge room with loads of large fitting rooms and asked one of the fitters to look after me. Once in the fitting room (solid lockable doors...NO curtains! :)) she explained that they didn't believe in just measuring customers as it wasn't too accurate. Instead they prefer to see what bra you're already wearing, and what size you think you are, and work from there.

I took my top off and straight away she said I was in the wrong size. I thought I was a 34DD but she said I was way off and after asking me what sort of thing I was interested in, she went off to the stock room. She returned with several different bras in a 32 for me to try, and asked if I was happy for her to help me try them on. Of course I said it was fine, and she was really helpful. I have to admit, never having been fitted properly before, I thought I'd be a bit embarrassed having a strange woman pushing and poking me into a bra (pleeeeaaase God don't let Steve be reading this...:rolleyes:) but it was actually a bit of a laugh!

Well we tried quite a few different colours and designs, and I eventually decided on two bra and thong sets and one bra on its own.

One set is a lacy cream set which is really delicate and pretty.

The other is a balconette set which is very colourful.

And the separate bra is plain white and will be really good for under shirts and t-shirts.

And the amazing even strange thing is that they are in a size 30FF :confused: I have no idea how that works but they certainly feel very comfy!

So I would really recommend Bravissimo. The girls there were really lovely and friendly, and it's a really good system for being fitted. If you don't want the fitter so stay with you it's no trouble...they'll just wait outside. Or you can just hand a card from your fitting room door when you need help and someone will come along. The rooms are really big with large mirrors, and there's also a catalogue in there so you can ask them to fetch various items from it.

I won't deny it isn't cheap...I think that £29 is the average price for a bra there, but you honestly do get what you pay for. The quality is like nothing I've ever had before, and the service is great.

Now I must say a huge thank you to my gorgeous sis/friend Gail for giving me the vouchers as a wonderful surprise present...:thankyou: Gail xxx :hug99: I'd never have even thought about going somewhere like that...now I've told Vicki I'm taking her there to see if she's wearing the right size!

As for pics...well having done some nude modelling a few years back, lingerie pics don't worry me quite so much...but I think I'd really put you off your breakfast so it's probably best I let the professionals show you what I bought! ;) Of course they look much better on me :8855:

Poppy Bra by Cleo

Andorra Bra by Panache

Porcelain Plunge Bra by Panache

Right, enough of all this boob talk and onto food...

Todays Food SEx day (twice in 2 days...impressive! ;))

42g all bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)
banana

bowl of fresh raspberries and strawberries
yoghurt (1)

gammon steak
salad
salad cream (2)
potato salad (3)
sweet potato chips
beetroot
frozen yoghurt
bowl of fresh fruit

fibre plus bar (B)
milky coffee (rest of A)

Total syns:-6
Exercise:- 2.3k jog/walk :D

P.S. Can someone pick Steve up off the floor please!!! :8855:

Gosh it has taken me ages to read all I have missed in the last 2 weeks................

Now what's this about a meet ?? :airplane:There are planes from Spain you know or is it that my daughters and son do not want mumsie to see what they get up to ??:D

hugs :bighug:

Hi mumsie,

It's just a little family get together...Sarah, Steve, me, and I'm still working on Gail & Jackie!!!

Why don't you come home for a weekend mummy??? Then we can have a proper reunion!!! :grouphugg:

Awwwww. I'm so delighted that you had a good time. Hope I didn't make you spend too much money.

I'm not surprised that you're in a 30. I'm in a 34 and I'm quite a bit bigger than you.

Anyway, I'm still up (surprise, surprise). Thanks for posting though - it's great to hear :D

Gail xxxx

Enjoy your new Bra Set - Glad Gywn enjoyed it too - you never know he might treat you to some more just so he can go back there again!!

Hope Suki's starting not to have any more accidents? xx

Oh I think I can quite easily twist his arm to go back lol!!! :rolleyes:

I think he'd even put his hand in his pocket too!!! :eek:

Suki is a total baby!!! She acts all tough but she's a real scaredy cat! She started screaming in shear panic tonight cos she got a bit of food stuck in her mouth! :rolleyes:

Oh, and she just managed to jump onto the settee for the first time tonight! :eek:

Awwww. Love the bag Dawn. Hope what's in it was just as lovely - reading this thread today has really cheered me up :D. I'm excited to know to know what you bought. Was Gwyn allowed in the changing room ??

It's so lovely to read that you had a good time. Do you think it makes any difference to how you look with clothes on ? Good underwear can take lbs off you.

Thanks for giving me a big smile and for going shopping so quickly :D

Gail xxx

I think it makes a huge difference to how my clothes look. I purposefully went in a fairly tight white t-shirt so I could see how they would look and I was really pleased. They sort of put things where they used to be 30 years ago, iykwim lol! :8855:

Unfortunately for Gwyn, he wasn't allowed into the changing rooms...but I think he's since applied for a job there! :rolleyes:

Awwwww. I'm so delighted that you had a good time. Hope I didn't make you spend too much money.

I'm not surprised that you're in a 30. I'm in a 34 and I'm quite a bit bigger than you.

Anyway, I'm still up (surprise, surprise). Thanks for posting though - it's great to hear :D

Gail xxxx

I was pretty shocked at the size difference. Silly really as I've only been guessing for years so I shouldn't really have been so surprised.

I'll wear a set next time we meet up and you can your lovely pressie for yourself :D. And you were right about putting them on...there's definitely a technique...never thought about "falling" into them lol! :eek:

As you probably gathered, I did get a bit extra, and now I know my correct size I'm going to keep an eye on their sale stuff on the internet. I don't think I'll ever go anywhere else for my bras now.

Thanks again Gail xxx

Back