Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Don't remember u asking my permission to take next week off tho...

I think it was in the same conversation as you asking MY permission to be off for these 5 days.

Though maybe the drink made you forget it... ;)

Yes to lunch...most definitely!

Great!
Day?
Time?
Place?

That is VERY sad Sarah!

:cry::cry::cry:

Hav to change all that this year! :)

:) :D :) :D :)

Flipping heck!

Can't a girl take a shower on her own fred!!!

Nope! Not when I'm trying to talk to you, you can't! :rolleyes:

You be good madam...and u know how to get hold of me if you're tempted to be naughty!

Oh...that doesn't sound quite how I meant it to! You know what I mean though

Ooo er Missus.
Would you be offended if I said you weren't my type??? ;)

Will you stop going on about them things man!

All this talk of chicken fillet (singular) is enough to turn a young lad like me vegetarian!:eek:

How was WI Dawniepops?

Sadly, all of the weight I have lost has gone from the boobage - I used to have a little, now I have nothing. I suppose it is possible to retain a rack whilst losing weight, and if you have a huge rack to start with then you may be on to a winner Sarah!!

As for Miss SkinnyDawn - do I not recall you being measured for fancy bras recently and still having a decent cup size in there???

xxx

Morning, all.
It's quiet on here today.
Where is everybody?
Woa - 9 hours later and it's still quiet. Sorry I wasn't here to talk to you Sarah, been playing bridge all day.

Where are you hiding Dawnie?????

Great!
Day?
Time?
Place?

Ooo er Missus.
Would you be offended if I said you weren't my type??? ;)

Tuesday...
lunchtime...
PUB!!! :D

And YES! :cry:

:wavey:hi dawn just popping in to catch up on ur diary, so ur having a challenge, what r the odds lol, hope ur all ok love val xx

Hi Val!

Well it's more Sarah's challenge tbh...I'm just here to kick her when she needs it and get a free curry...;)

Will you stop going on about them things man!

All this talk of chicken fillet (singular) is enough to turn a young lad like me vegetarian!:eek:

How was WI Dawniepops?

Shurrup man!!!

Tis ladies talk! ;) Hmmm, interesting thought for today...how many men would still continue to lose weight if a common side effect was the shrinkage (or disappearance!) of a particular body part...? :eek:

Oh, and I put on half a pound Steve so I'm just under target now, but not by much! :p

Sadly, all of the weight I have lost has gone from the boobage - I used to have a little, now I have nothing. I suppose it is possible to retain a rack whilst losing weight, and if you have a huge rack to start with then you may be on to a winner Sarah!!

As for Miss SkinnyDawn - do I not recall you being measured for fancy bras recently and still having a decent cup size in there???

xxx

Hi Laura x

You did...lets just say a little (or a lot) of inflation wouldn't go amiss! :sigh:

:smiley1842::hug99:

Luv u Bestie x :)

Woa - 9 hours later and it's still quiet. Sorry I wasn't here to talk to you Sarah, been playing bridge all day.

Where are you hiding Dawnie?????

Hi Bev !!!

I'm here! Just been soooo busy over the last few days :(

But I'm here now and I'm not leaving till I've had a good nose around!!! xx

Hiya chica - I'm just off to bed now though.

Sooo cold so going to get on my elecky blanket to try and get warm and to avoid eating any more food!

Ok, sorry guys for being rubbish on here again! :ashamed0005:

I really need to organise myself better so I can come here cos atm I just run out of time every evening. But I have been busy doing stuff that I wouldn't do normally.

Yesterday was spent round mums sorting her bungalow out. Vicki wasn't working so she came with me to help. When we got there, Mum was feeling very unwell and curled up on the settee :( So Vicki stayed with her while I went to get mums shopping, and thankfully by the time I got back mum was coming round a bit. And Vicki had been doing all her ironing, bless her. Then I took mum to her doctors appointment where they redressed one of her wounds which isn't healing very well. When we got back, I made her rest on the settee again while Vicki and I cleaned the bungalow and stripped and made her bed, so hopefully she'll feel happier that the place is nice and tidy.

I went to wi last night and as I said to Steve I gained half a pound, which I'm pleased with after all the naughtiness from Saturday nights curry :D

Today was spent doing MY house which has been really neglected while I was at work :( But now I have nice clean floors and bathrooms, and loads of washing done, clean sheets, and Daniel has a nice home made loaf of low protein bread.

I even have a clean Suki (don't say it Stevie! :eek:) as she managed to get hold of one of Gwyns red cough sweets and ended up all sticky and pink when it got stuck to her fur!!! :eek: So I'm afraid it was in the sink for a good scrub lol! But she looks and feels lovely now :chores016:

Now those of you who know me and my diary will be quite used to the fact that I often seem to have rather a lot of difficult/upsetting situations going on :sigh:

So it will come as no surprise when I tell you that my boss text to say EMAS had lost the contracts with all the hospitals and units :( So we are being taken over on April 1st by a company called N.S.L. who are apparently a big transport company. Most of us should keep jobs in some form or other, but of course our NHS pensions will be affected, as will wages, working hours, location...everything really. I still can't quite believe it tbh...I've been with the ambulance service for nearly 20 years! It's very sad that it's come to this...but no real surprise.

Anyway, I'm off to bed and will catch up on some diaries with my phone :D

See you later folks! xxx

Hi dawn, hopefully like the people i work with, you should be tupee'd over to the new company, which should keep everything the same, the only thing our ladies have been affected with is the pension plan isn't so good as it was with the nhs, the best thing you can do is speak to your union rep, hope all works out ok for you, it never rains but it pours eh much love and hugs to you xxxxxxxxxx

Oh Dawn, I'm sorry about the job change, I'd speak to the Union rep as well.
How's Gwyn? Any news? xxxx

Oh Dawnie - it never rains but it pours, eh? I know you knew this was coming but it seems the way of the world at the mo that the NHS is "privatising" everything.

My SIL is the Consultant for all the path labs in Cornwall (based at Trelisk hospital) and they are being "rationalised"! Looks like some bloods will be shipped to Plymouth (almost 2 hours away) for testing. Now how ridiculous is that?

What does the Government expect to achieve? Or are they just trying to wreck the NHS completely?

Sorry, probably too political for a Saturday morning. But once upon a time the NHS in the UK was revered but now . . .

Thanks ladies x

It's a sad old state of affairs isn't it? I'm so angry that its come to this...but as you all say its the way lots of hospitals/nursing homes etc are going :( It's all down to money...

Most of us will keep jobs, but we could be relocated from our office...and that cud b anywhere there's a computer and a telephone. A while ago, when we changed from two shires ambulance service to emas, the control room in Bucks was closed down and staff expected to go to nottingham!

I'm not going to worry about it though...its totally out of my hands and tbh its right at the bottom of my list of worries! Mum, Gwyn and the kids are...and always will be... my first concern, and sod everything else :)

So don't u ladies worry about me either! I'm a tough old bird and I've coped with a lot of crap over the past 25 years!

Right...I hav a saints match to watch now but hope to see u later xxx

Pity about the work situation but as has been said..seems everyhting is going downhill one way or another!
Chat programme on radio a week or so ago and it was being said that OAP's should not be revived as they are the major drain on the NHS!!..:sigh:
What next!?!

Hope the match went well and the best side won...lol!

Most of us will keep jobs, but we could be relocated from our office...and that cud b anywhere there's a computer and a telephone. A while ago, when we changed from two shires ambulance service to emas, the control room in Bucks was closed down and staff expected to go to nottingham!

Yeah - never mind all the rest of it.
What will we do about our tea & coffee breaks if you're not at NGH????

So don't u ladies worry about me either! I'm a tough old bird and I've coped with a lot of crap over the past 25 years!

I'm saying nut'n.
Not a word.
Nada.
Zilch.
My trap is zipped.
But you heard it from the old horse's mouth!

(Oh, and that's not a very nice way to refer to Gwyn...)

Back