Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Fantastic news that you've completed your first 5k well done Dawn proud of you !!!

Well done on running 5K ladies and good luck with the training for the 10K Gail. Are you gonna join her Dawn?!

Jx

Good morning, Have a great day! X

Well done chica - on completing your first run on the roads, Fantastic achievement.
Hope you gave Gail a hug from me.

Thanks Bev x Yes, I gave your niece a hug from you lol!!!

Hey Dawn!

Nice to hear from you. Glad you're well and having a fab time with Gail this weekend

Those cakes sound lush and I'm most impressed with the running. You both should be very proud of yourselves.

What recipe were you looking for?

Have a good rest of the weekend x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Penny x

The recipe we were looking for was one using smoked salmon, quark and pasta, which Gail was certain was on your fred but we couldn't actually find it so we made it up...and it was lovely! We had to substitute chilli philly for the quark as we used the quark to make a cheesecake :D so it was rather creamy and totally yummy!

Hey Dawn, sorry I've not been around recently - life is sooo hectic!!

Congratulations on completing the run, fantastic effort :) And I'm sure you needed all the cakes etc, so your bloods didn't go too low!!!

Hope you and Gail have had a lovely weekend xxxx

Hey stranger! Nice to see you Laura, and thanks for justifying the cakes lol! ;)

Fantastic news that you've completed your first 5k well done Dawn proud of you !!!

Thanks hunni x I actually enjoyed it, well SOME of it! I do panic a bit when I first set off and within a couple of minutes I feel like I can't do it and want to stop, but I just have to push through it and I'm fine :D I do find it hard though.

Well done on running 5K ladies and good luck with the training for the 10K Gail. Are you gonna join her Dawn?!

Jx

Thanks Jane x

10k next week?

...hmmm...let me think...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :eek:

Good morning, Have a great day! X

Thanks Emma xxx

Hope you're ok? xxx

:wavey: just subscribing as lost your diary :)x

Ooh thanks for re subscribing Jackie x I haven't really been on much over the past month for various reasons but I need to now as I'm gaining weight at a rapid rate of knots!!! :eek:

*********************************************************************************************************

Evening ladies xxx

Wow! What a wonderful time I had with Gail! It's hard to put into words how welcome Gail made me feel, and just how much fun we had.

We did make some attempts at SW recipes but then we got sabotaged by several bottles of rather nice wine!
:eek:

But then again, we did so much exercise, we almost burned off what we ate and drank, possibly!
;) Having done the run on Saturday, the following day we were put through our paces by Carl, Gail's personal trainer. This involved a 30 minute course of interval training where we jogged for so long and then we had to run from one lamp post to the next, and then drop down to a jog again. This is something I'm totally not used to, nor have I ever encountered hills like the ones Carl had us running up!!! Omg I thought I was going to faint, and by the time we got back, I was ready to throw up! And then we spent around an hour doing a variety of exercises in Gail's lounge! Lunges, squats, press ups, sit ups etc.... and finished with forced stretches and a massage. By the evening, both Gail and I were as stiff as a board lol!!! But it was very invigorating and I really enjoyed it. Carl is such a lovely guy and whilst he was sympathetic to our aches and pains, he knew just how far he could push us.

So I was very sorry to leave Gail on monday...although quite possibly I may well have fallen to bits if I'd stayed there much longer!
;) My journey home was fantastic, only 2 1/2 hours, and I really enjoyed it! And it was great to have a lovely welcome from Gwyn, Suki and the children :D

I've managed to talk Daniel into signing up to do the Parkrun (
parkrun UK home) in Northampton so hopefully we can do that together on Saturday mornings. I'm never going to be a runner & I'm not too bothered about times, but I'd like to reach the point where I can run 5k fairly comfortably.

Anyway I must get up to bed now. Hope to catch up with you guys soon xxx

Evening chica - join the clan of "gains after reaching target" club. I'm currently over 5 lbs up and could do with copying yor example of exercise.
But no way can I run. Arthritis and knackered knees just means that's a no-no so I stick to my swimming.
Which is difficult over the winter as indooor pools are hard to find and out door ones are frrrrrrrrrrrreezing. Brrrrrr

Glad to hear that Gwyn, Suki and the kids are ok - especially Vicki after her little car episode.

How's the location move going? Do you know where the new base is yet?

Look after yourself chica and keep us posted on life in Northampton.

Last edited:
Pommette said:
Evening chica - join the clan of "gains after reaching target" club. I'm currently over 5 lbs up and could do with copying yor example of exercise.
But no way can I run. Arthritis and knackered knees just means that's a no-no so I stick to my swimming.
Which is difficult over the winter as indooor pools are hard to find and out door ones are frrrrrrrrrrrreezing. Brrrrrr

Glad to hear that Gwyn, Suki and the kids are ok - especially Vicki after her little car episode.

How's the location move going? Do you know where the new base is yet?

Look after yourself chica and keep us posted on life in Northampton.

Hi Bev x

I've been messing about for the last month and totally deserve the gains I've had. Although I've been very good with my exercise, my food has been quite bad in places and some days have just been total binges! But I went to group last night and after a chat with my c I revised my target to 9st 10lbs which I think is more realistic and hopefully maintainable than 9 1/2st.

Good idea to do the swimming as and when you can :) I'm sure that all exercise must help with weight loss and toning. Pity the pools are so cold!!!

Haven't heard much more about the work move yet although we do know where we will be based and it's not too far away. It's annoying that I have to drive past the hospital to get to the new location but that's just the way it is. Thanks for asking Bev x

pjallen1982 said:
Hey honey

Well done on all that running. Fab stuff, and i'm so glad you both has such a great time.

That creamy salmon pasta recipe is on my thread somewhere. I'm trying to attach a photo of the recipe which is where I got it from, but it doesn't seem to want to attach.

I'll keep trying ....

Hi Penny x

Thank you for the recipe!!! We kind of winged it really ;) but the end result was really delicious!
I will try the proper recipe too though :)
image-2710349129.jpg

I'm thrilled with my running too, although I'm suffering a bit for it now :( my back, knees and ankles are extremely painful and im on 8 paracetamol a day just to keep me upright! I'll have an exercise free weekend and hopefully will be back to normal by Monday xx

Evening ladies x

I'm trying desperately to get back on here regularly but failing miserably :( But I'm not giving up! I'm so tired with work crap, getting to the gym early, not sleeping at night etc that I find all I want to do when I get home is curl up on the settee. But I NEED to get back into this as I've gained 8lbs in the last month!

So I'm going to start posting my food again in an effort to get back on track. And if anyone wants to borrow my boots to kick my backside with, please feel free :)

I had coffee with Sarah today which was great as she's been so busy at work it's been hard to meet up. So we had a catch up on stuff and have agreed to go out one evening, and maybe go for a walk or two :)

I'm not expecting the next few days to be easy as on Monday it will be a year since Dad died. It seems to have come round so quickly...it's very hard to believe he's been gone all that time.

Anyway I shall post my food now before I forget what I've had today...

Porridge (B1)
Milk (1/2 A1)
Banana

Salmon salad
Salad cream (2)
Snack a jack curls (4 1/2)
Yoghurt (1/2)
Apple
2 tangerines
Alpen bar (1/2 B2)

Pork chop on a bed of spinach
Salad
Salad cream (2)
Sauce (3)
Beetroot
Yoghurt

Milky coffee (1/2 A1)
Alpen bar (1/2 B2)

1A
2B's
12 syns

Hope you guys have been behaving yourself better than me!!! Xx

Hey bestie,
I rejoined Wednesday so I need you to be going strong so you can drag me along! Can't believe it's been a year,
Huggles x

Hey!!

Nice to hear from you. Your salmon pasta looks lush mmm! Sorry to hear about the weight gains. Not surprising when you have so much going in. Do you think you're over doing with the exercise though? Don't like the sound of 8 paracetamol a day to keep you standing. Also being so tired. Perhaps you should reduce the number of gym sessions until you're feeling better in yourself and food back on plan etc. having said all this I'm not following my own advice too, well not with eating on plan!

Thinking of you for Monday. Can't believe it's been a year but sure your dad is looking down on you and is ever so proud of your achievements.

Hope you have a lovely weekend chick xxx

Well done on the run Dawn.
Weight thingy is an absolute bummer, isn't it?
Often think it is SOO unfair that "we" (us that have to watch it all the time) have to battle each and every day knowing that a treat or an extra few calories are likely to make us start to zoom up into that horrible stage of "OBESE"!!
Unfortunately, am still at that stage anyway...:sigh:

Take care and keep up the good work.

Hi Dawnie
I'm so impressed by all the exercise you are doing. Don't forget that when you're aching like that, your muscles require water to repair so you will be a few pounds up for a couple of days.
Food all sounds lovely - especially the salad cream ;-)
Jx

I rejoined Wednesday so I need you to be going strong so you can drag me along! Can't believe it's been a year,
Huggles x

So glad you're back Bestie xxx

Hey!!

Nice to hear from you. Your salmon pasta looks lush mmm! Sorry to hear about the weight gains. Not surprising when you have so much going in. Do you think you're over doing with the exercise though? Don't like the sound of 8 paracetamol a day to keep you standing. Also being so tired. Perhaps you should reduce the number of gym sessions until you're feeling better in yourself and food back on plan etc. having said all this I'm not following my own advice too, well not with eating on plan!

Thinking of you for Monday. Can't believe it's been a year but sure your dad is looking down on you and is ever so proud of your achievements.

Hope you have a lovely weekend chick xxx

Thanks Penny, I have to admit that pasta was lovely, even if we did make it up as we went along!

I probably have been over doing the exercise a little, but I have cut right down this week...mainly due to the fact I've simply been in too much pain to go lol! I did do a 5k treadmill run on one day but that was all I could manage. I might only go 3 times this week, or maybe try more running at home.

Hard to believe that this time last year we only had a couple more days left with my lovely Dad.

Well done on the run Dawn.
Weight thingy is an absolute bummer, isn't it?
Often think it is SOO unfair that "we" (us that have to watch it all the time) have to battle each and every day knowing that a treat or an extra few calories are likely to make us start to zoom up into that horrible stage of "OBESE"!!
Unfortunately, am still at that stage anyway...:sigh:

Take care and keep up the good work.

Thank you Emmaline x

If nothing else, the last month has proven that I will always need to watch what I eat, no matter what exercise I do. And I also need support to do it. For me, that means going to group, and coming on here regularly x

Hi Dawnie
I'm so impressed by all the exercise you are doing. Don't forget that when you're aching like that, your muscles require water to repair so you will be a few pounds up for a couple of days.
Food all sounds lovely - especially the salad cream ;-)
Jx

Thanks Jane x

I do really enjoy the gym, almost as much as my salad cream lol!!!

Hi there ladies (and Sarah if you're about
;))

Today has been a really good day, and the first where I've really felt back in control
:D The snacks and cake that have been screaming my name recently seem to have lost their voice and I'm feeling the most positive I've felt for quite a while. Just have to keep it going now!

My aches and pains have eased enough for me to cope with half my paracetamol dose so I know I'm on the mend. The annoying thing is that I've been suffering from severe hot flushes, palpitations and night sweats this week. I originally put it down to muscle strain, then I thought maybe I was coming down with flu or something, but now I'm starting to thing it may be the start of the change? I'm getting hardly any sleep at all, and this morning the bed was so wet that I got cold laying in it
:(. Think I'll give it a couple of weeks to see if it settles down, and if not I'll pop along to the nurse.

Can I ask everyone who knows Gail to wish her luck with her run tomorrow please? She's doing The Great Manchester Run which is 10k and not for the faint hearted, and I'm so proud of her!

Todays Food Red day

2 wm toast (B1)
marmite
tinned toms
cheese (A1)
egg
sauce (2)
yoghurt (1/2)

apple

fish in breadcrumbs (B2)
bns chips
mushy peas (3)
tinned toms
sauce (3)
yoghurt (1 1/2)

Alpen bar (3)
Options hot choc & milk (A2 + 2)

15 syns
2 A's
2 B's
No exercise

Enjoy your Saturday guys xxx

Last edited:
Hey Dawn!

It's lovely reading posts from you again. You're our true inspiration round here so whilst I understand you've had a tough month and may have put a few pounds back on, you've come so far.

Glad you're not aching so much today, and food looks good :) I think cake is always going to be screaming out to me. It's just one of those facts.

It's amazing how quick the year has gone. Scary really. Hope you are coping as well as you can in the circumstances. Big hugs.

Hope you're having a nice relaxing evening x

Hi hunny, sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. I have those exact same symptoms with Hayfever - have you ruled that out?

Good luck Gail for tomorrow x

Hey Dawn!

It's lovely reading posts from you again. You're our true inspiration round here so whilst I understand you've had a tough month and may have put a few pounds back on, you've come so far.

Glad you're not aching so much today, and food looks good :) I think cake is always going to be screaming out to me. It's just one of those facts.

It's amazing how quick the year has gone. Scary really. Hope you are coping as well as you can in the circumstances. Big hugs.

Hope you're having a nice relaxing evening x

I'm having a lovely evening thanks Penny x Just had my food and watching the footie until Michael McIntyre comes on! I love him!

I have to say there's something very comforting about coming back here and talking to you lovely guys again. It's almost like I've never been away & nothing has changed...apart from the fact that I've been piling the weight back on while you lot have been losing pounds :eek:

Hi hunny, sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. I have those exact same symptoms with Hayfever - have you ruled that out?

Good luck Gail for tomorrow x

I can't say I'd thought of hayfever Jane. Can it really generate symptoms like that? I'm going to swap my coffee for hot chocolate tonight, and I'm not going to have any alcohol either, just in case that makes a difference.

Your part of the family here Dawn we are always here to welcome you back with open arms! I hope this week isn't to hard for you just remember, how so very proud of you he would be right now xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I've been avoiding thinking about it tbh Emma x

Does that sound awful?

I'm dreading stirring up emotions that are too painful to deal with. I prefer to hide them away and not think about them, I suppose it's denial but it works for me. People told me how brave I was when it was all going on, but I was just switched off to a lot of it. Not because I didn't care, I loved him so much, but because it was the easiest way to cope. This afternoon we watched an Andre Bocelli concert and I was praying he wouldn't sing Time To Say Goodbye as we played that at Dads funeral. But of course he did sing it, and all I could think of was sitting in the crematorium...

Anyway, I'm sure it will get easier as time goes by. Thanks for your lovely words, and Pennys too xxx

Back