Dinner inspiration!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by cinderzxx, 4 August 2009 Social URL.

1. cinderzxx

cinderzxx Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Hi everyone!

Well... im a bit stuck for inspiration today... (dont think this gross weather helps)... have got some chicken peices (thighs and drumsticks) at home that are part of todays dinner plan but I have no idea what to do with them! :( dont want to just be boring and roast them in the oven with veg...
    :confused:

anybody got any ideas that can inspire me for a nice evening meal..?

PLEEEEEEASE!!!

thinking of doing either Red day or Extra Easy....

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do some form of chicken and noodles with a blue dragon sauce, think you can probably do that on EE.

4. cinderzxx

cinderzxx Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    mmmm noodles :) havent had them for ages they sound like a plan! Are blue dragon sauces ok for syns? xx

5. MissShiraz

MissShiraz Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Roast them in a roasting dish with lots of garlic, onions, peppers and cherry vine tomatoes. Serve with Roast garlic new pots or cheesey mash (mashed potato with a tub of cottage cheese, heb of cheddar and spring onions or chives - delicious!)

or do a spicy tomato sauce, (onions, herbs, mushrooms and garlic, chillies, 2 teaspoons of chicken bovril or chicken stock lots of black pepper). Serve on a bed of rice and pour sauce over the top (i'd sprinkle with a HE Cheese too)

6. cinderzxx

cinderzxx Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Wow MissShiraz that sounds yummy :) reminds me of sort of like spanish chicken (yummy).... and cheesey mash!! omg... heaven!!! :)

mouth watering now!!

thankyou for suggestions :) Maybe i could do that with savory rice or noodles...

mmmmm wish it was dinner time now!! xx

7. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The blue dragon sauces are normally around 7 syns for the whole 120g sachet. So I just normally half it and say its about 4 syns.

8. cinderzxx

cinderzxx Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Mmm, thanks Sarah, feels like i havent had a proper stirfry in ages so definately going to give blue dragon a try... and some yummy noodles :)

not sure about tonight tho will see what OH feels like eating when i get home :) am bit peeved with Batchelors Savory Rice now though just found out mild curry one is synned? i thought they were ALL free!!!

think its only 1 syn but STILL!! xx

9. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    We are having stir fry tonight, but I am using Quorn pieces and a sweet & sour stir fry sauce...

10. cinderzxx

cinderzxx Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    mmm am thinking maybe a spanish chicken type thing, garlicy tomato sauce wth peppers, onions etc cooked in the oven and served with cous cous?

yum yum... but will see what happens when i get home!

yummy stirfry... :) what are quorn peices like do they taste ok stirfried? Ive only ever tried the mince, burgers and sausages xx

11. themrs

themrs Member

All i can say is DIET COKE CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!! I had it last night and its absolutely gorgeous!!xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.