Discover Dinx's Diary - new year = new me....bring it on :D

Thats why discover is soooo good! you can eat 3 decent meals each day and still have points left for some snacks..The trick is finding the treats that are low points...I normally have a snack in the afternoon and maybe 1 at around 8pm, and its normally something like a ww yoghurt with sf jelly on a meringue nest, for 1.5, or a bag of snackajacks or walkers baked for 1.5, or alpen light bar for 1 point, or 6 melba toasts with some garlic philly light at 1 for the melba and 0.5 per 10g of philly....or if im stuck for points, some cucumber sticks and celery sticks as the crunch helps stop me craving food for some reason. Whatever you do, if you have enough points to cover what you are eating then DONT feel guilty...we are given that amount of points for a reason, only feel guilty if you go over your allowance day after day :)

Yeh i understand what your saying...i shouldnt feel guilty if i make the right choices for snacks...i think ive always been one of these people that thinks youve got to eat little amounts to lose weight hence why ive been on countless diets simply because they dont last cos i get so hungry lol. EAT EAT EAT is the key then? The right stuff obviously.

Thanks for your advice :)

i dont class this as a diet...we have all been there done that, got the xxx large tshirts ;) this is a new lifestyle for me...a complete change of eating pattern. I have to look at food in a different way now or Ill get bigger and bigger. I know its really hard to get your head around but it does work. 1 week before I started discover again, my dil got me to do a low fat low cal diet, i was so ill!! i was hungry all the time, couldnt go from 1 meal to the next without feeling sick thru hunger as Id dropped about 90% of my daily food....she was knackered, headaches, lethargy (i get that anyway thru illness) and she was just horrible to live with lol, I persuaded her to try discover for ONE week, she refused to believe that she could eat really well and still lose weight...she tried it and hasnt lookde back, in fact she keeps ME going at times! we have meals out, bbqs, plates full of food, and snacks, even had a macdonalds for tea one night, and STILL lose weight...I have to be extra careful as I need the energy so i try and use all my points each day, and am happy with a sts each week, but chuffed to bits with a 1lb loss. I know different things work for different people, but this just works spot on for me...and I hope it does for you too :)

Sounds about right....im looking at it all wrong....its not a diet...just a change of eating habits....and most of all sticking to the change. :) I'll get there....i just need to get my head round it and once i know what im gonna eat and stuff it will be much easier to stick to :)

Ur doing great....keep it up

Defo not a diet! WW is awesome! Good luck x

i dont class this as a diet...we have all been there done that, got the xxx large tshirts ;) this is a new lifestyle for me...a complete change of eating pattern. I have to look at food in a different way now or Ill get bigger and bigger. I know its really hard to get your head around but it does work. 1 week before I started discover again, my dil got me to do a low fat low cal diet, i was so ill!! i was hungry all the time, couldnt go from 1 meal to the next without feeling sick thru hunger as Id dropped about 90% of my daily food....she was knackered, headaches, lethargy (i get that anyway thru illness) and she was just horrible to live with lol, I persuaded her to try discover for ONE week, she refused to believe that she could eat really well and still lose weight...she tried it and hasnt lookde back, in fact she keeps ME going at times! we have meals out, bbqs, plates full of food, and snacks, even had a macdonalds for tea one night, and STILL lose weight...I have to be extra careful as I need the energy so i try and use all my points each day, and am happy with a sts each week, but chuffed to bits with a 1lb loss. I know different things work for different people, but this just works spot on for me...and I hope it does for you too :)

This is soooo true :) it is definatly about a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I have been doing discover now for 11 weeks and i never stuck to anything that long!! I love WW!!!:)

Dinx i meant to tell you about poundland, thats where i got my chicken crisp from arent they lovely?!!! they have different things in there every so often so keep checking back :D xx

Dinx i meant to tell you about poundland, thats where i got my chicken crisp from arent they lovely?!!! they have different things in there every so often so keep checking back :D xx

Well I guess it gives me an excuse to go to Norwich....shopping!!! and it wont be evans all the time cos Ill be able to get into "normal" clothes :D

Mornign all...and what a lovely sunshiney day it is!! Slept ok but stilla bit sore but its cool, up and at 'em! Had a fella round to get rid of a wasps nest this morning, looked like hed just landed on the moon lol. Lil grandson didnt know what to make of him, but he was braver than me! I bloody hate wasps, and dil is allergic so had to get rid of it sharpish! £40 was worth it to get it gone for good!

dil cleaned the lounge carpet last night so going to go off out to the coast for the day to let it dry, but taking a pak up with us so no norty scoffing today!

todays menu.....

brekkie
oss 2.5

lunch
tuna 2
pasta 3
salad and ltl mayo 1
yog 1
cereal bar 1
ww chicken crisps (yay!) 1

snack if i feel like it
ww cheese bite things (like cheddars) 1

tea tonight
chilli 2.5
rice 3
wedges 3

21/26 if i eat it all :D

have a grrrrrrrrreat day everyone :)

went to poundland today, didnt realise they sold so much ww stuff... i bought:

ww chicken crisps (never been able to buy them before) 1pt per bag and they are yummy!
ww oat and choc chip cookies 1.5 for 2 cookies, 18 in a box instead of 12 for a quid!
ww tortillas, cheesy and plain (home made nachos for a movie night methinks!) 1.5 each
ww naan breads 1.5 each
ww petit pains 1.5 each
ww cheese bites (like mini cheddars) 1pt each

all for a quid a piece...never mind the fact the drive was an hour each way though lol....still i DO love a bargain!!! :D:D:D

Fantastic :-D gotta love poundland!! Sounds like you got some bargains. Let me know how the petit pains are :) xx

Sounds yummy! :) x

the petit pains are spot on, had those before so stocked up on them ;) just like any "normal" petit pains, just 1.5 points each :)

I really like them too :) x

Morning all...

feeling rotten today :( had a cr*p sleep last night and hurt like hell today...hate it when Im like this :( every time i move i feel dizzy, but not fallen so far!" got dils mum round for lunch today as she has had a tough time lately health wise so wil be nice to catch up with her.

had a brekkie treat

scrambled egg, bacon and mushrooms, with a thin - 6

lunch is
ham
potatoes
salad
not sure what else as dil is cheffing today (again)

will update later

lunch ended up being:

ham 0.5
potatoes 3
salad 0
light salad cream 1
ww petit pain 1.5
ww chicken crisps 1

dinner

soup 0
fish 4.5
jacket 2.5
bns and courgette 0

snacks
baked 1.5
oat and choc chip cookies 1.5

23/26

have a good one :)

Last edited:
Hope u feel better soon! Brekkie treat sounds yummy! C

well as dil is back at work on Monday we are going to go do a shop and get some simply chicken at the harvester. cheap and cheerful, plus easy to point and stay in control by filling up on salad. hoping for a day at the beack tomorrow, the boys get their daddy back for a couple of days so making the most of it.

so today:

B - ww yog & cereal bar - 2

L - Harvester - allowing 13.5 (8.5 for simply chicken & 5 for salad bar according to an eating out guide)

D - jp 2.5, 200g prawns 2, s.corn 0.5, ltl mayo 0.5, ketchup 1, salad cream 1

23/26 today

Last edited:
Enjoy ur lunch out :) x

well as dil is back at work on Monday we are going to go do a shop and get some simply chicken at the harvester. cheap and cheerful, plus easy to point and stay in control by filling up on salad. hoping for a day at the beack tomorrow, the boys get their daddy back for a couple of days so making the most of it.

so today:

B - ww yog & cereal bar - 2

L - Harvester - allowing 13.5 (8.5 for simply chicken & 5 for salad bar according to an eating out guide)

D - no point soup and something else...not sure yet!

Hope you have a lovely day!! Simply chicken sounds good, is that with sauce or anything? Yummy, enjoy xx

:) x

Hope you have a lovely day!! Simply chicken sounds good, is that with sauce or anything? Yummy, enjoy xx

Its grilled chicken breast, jacket potato (no butter) and peas. Going from an eating out guide on another site it says 8.5 for that, then the average salad is 5 points. I have 1 bread roll with a lil bit of flora, and then lots of free salad, but i might have a lil bit of potato salad or the pasta, and some honey and mustard dressing. No pudding or starter so it probably isnt as high as that, but I allow that much for it anyway. The jacket was only about 2 points today. I just like to over point things when Im not sure so that I can stay within my dailies.

got some half fat dairylea triangles, so for a filling snack when im peckish I can have 1 of those for 0.5 and a thin for 1.5...yummy!

I hate feeling hungry, so experimenting with low point filling foods is my new hobby lol

Enjoy ur lunch out :) x

i did enjoy...thanks :) its a nice drive to the harvester, so lil man gets a sleep and is happy when we get there, and its cheap, cheerful and fairly good for ya too! it cost us £16 today...we used to spend more than that at burger king lol

ack threw half my tea away, just didnt enjoy it..and i LOVE prawns, and LOVE jackets....oh well, see how I feel in a bit, might have a lil snack while watchin BGT final...razy ftw!!!

Back