Discover Dinx's Diary - new year = new me....bring it on :D

Brilliant Dinx!! Well done :D fantastic news for ya! Where are you going on your hols? xxx

thankya thankya thankya *bows*

Im off to "sunny" Hopton, 5 mins from where you were a couple of weeks ago lol. Staying at a Haven park with my son, dil and the boys, plus dil's bro and mrs are coming too. Should be a really fun few days.

todays menu:

brekkie

oss 2.5

lunch

cous cous with chicken and veg 6.5
yoghurt 1

snack

baked 1.5
cereal bar 1

dinner

chicken and mushroom in a garlic light philly sauce with potato and swede mash 7
free veg 0

might treat myself to a little choccy tonight as a "well done" reward lol ;)

Morning...lazy start to the day today, running my son back to his digs in a bit then admin to catch up on. I love voluntary work, gives me a purpose and when Im having a good day I can get so much done, but I am also under no pressure to go in if im having a bad day. I like the fact I can get there and say ya know what, Im going home, and nobody can argue with me lol.

food today:

brekkie

the normal...oss 2.5 (i had this while I made my son some bacon sarnies! How good am I!!!)

lunch

soup 1
warbys wrap 2.5
ham 1
cucumber and lettuce 0
lighter than light 0
yog 1

snacks

baked 1.5
cereal bar 1

dinner tonight

spag bol sauce 2
60g pasta 3
wedges 3

18.5/26 if I eat all that

would really like to lose 2lb this week so fingers crossed. Im normally trying to lose 1lb but Im also trying to make the most of not being too poorly so being as active as I can be. Only problem is I need to control it so that it doesnt make me poorly... it really sucks, I feel ok, do a bit more, then it knocks me on my arse...i cant bloody win...but hey-ho gotta keep goin!

thankya thankya thankya *bows*

Im off to "sunny" Hopton, 5 mins from where you were a couple of weeks ago lol. Staying at a Haven park with my son, dil and the boys, plus dil's bro and mrs are coming too. Should be a really fun few days.

Sounds lovely! I love Haven, im sure you'll have a lovely time!! How old are the boys?? :) xx how are ya today?

Sounds lovely! I love Haven, im sure you'll have a lovely time!! How old are the boys?? :) xx how are ya today?

Im ok thanks, sore from overdoing things the last couple of days but chilling out today :) going off for a nice lunch with dil in a bit. Jayden is 2 and Daniel is 5 months...they certainly keep me on my toes lol. much better than all the meds I have to take thats for sure! Apparently we are in for a 2 week heatwave from saturday/sunday so fingers crossed we will have some sun on the coast :D We went to Haven in St Osyths last year but it was a bit too quiet there so thought hopton would be beeter this time. I knwo my way around too so know all the good places to go etc :D

grrrrr bleugh im feeling positively crap today :( knew it was gonna happen, could feel it creeping up on me this week and just as I thought it would, the train hit me in the middle of the night and knocked me on my arse! Head full of fog, stars in front of my eyes, legs wont go where I damn-well tell them to and my hands keep droppin stuff :( ibs has been a total git to me today too....so all in all a right royal pain in the arse (and everywhere else!!)

ok whinge over...for now....

brekkie
oss 2.5

lunch
soup 1
ww chicken pasta thing 5.5
yog 1

snack baked 1.5
cereal bar 1

dinner
curry 3
rice 3
roasted bns n courgette 0

18.5/26 and the way im feelin now im gonna go wayyyyyy over tonight....un.less i just bugger off to bed lol....

hope you all had a better day than me!

been a bit quiet as been a mad few days trying to get organised for my lil jaunt to the coast. We go tomorrow morning and get home some time Friday. Gonna do my best to keep a track of my eating but not gonna worry TOO much as I can soon pull it back when I get home. Cant access the site on my phone so will update when I get home....anyone that reads this - I hope you have good wi's and stay on track :)

Well done on your brilliant weight loss so far :) your doing so well!! I am also doing discover, it worked so well for me last year so thought I would come back to it rather than pp! Your food diary sounds yummy. I'm just trying to get my head around minimins then will start posting a diary. Hope you have an ace holiday xx

Well done on your brilliant weight loss so far :) your doing so well!! I am also doing discover, it worked so well for me last year so thought I would come back to it rather than pp! Your food diary sounds yummy. I'm just trying to get my head around minimins then will start posting a diary. Hope you have an ace holiday xx

Thanks very much :) I love discover, ask my friends, they will tell you...im constantly going on about it lol...think im getting a bit ocd about it but there ya go, I need to or I would fall right off the wagon into a pile of choccy! The food diary is a great help for me ,and I try to post mine daily, although the last few days has been hard as Ive just not been around much. Will get back to daily posting when I get home from my jollies. Been to asda to get a few cheapy tops (not buying lots as Im hoping they will be too big in a few weeks!) but it was lovely to not have to go to evans and pay through the nose for stuff! I feel pretty good right now...so it can only get better!
minimins is an amazing site, you will find SO much help on here...and heaps of inspiration. Ill look for your diary when I get home :) best of luck...:)

Have a lovely time Dinx :D im sure you will have lots of fun with the boys!!! hope the weather stays nice for you - dont worry too much about the eating side of things, i lost 5lb the week after my hols so enjoy!! xxx

I'm so glad you are enjoying discover so much and it's going well :) Thank you and good luck to you to with your journey! Have a lovely holiday and enjoy yourself :D xx

well Im home...had a totally fab few days but completely blew it points wise...too much wine and food and just finished the week with a chinese!!! I reckon I will have put on a stone when I weigh in on Monday but from tomorrow morning Im back on track 100%....ive lost it before...ill do it again. and besides, this week was sooooooooooo worth it!!

right...I had a lush night's sleep, was so good being back in my own bed! But I feel bloated and yukky from that chinese last night. Had a sp this morning and it said a 2lb gain, which shocked the hell outta me as I really have been a piggy this week lol. Anyway, back on it from today, we need to do a big shop so made a list of all the good things we need and gonna stick to that, so if theres no cr*p food in the house...i cant eat it :D honestly though, I could be given a big bar of choccy right now and I wouldnt want it so maybe I needed the blow out to get me back on track and focussed :)

Our few days away was just so lovely, I got proper burnt on wednesday, just on my face but still bad enough to make look like a balesha beacon!! spending quality family time was just what we all needed. Havent laughed so much in ages!!

Saw my mother in a shop, she saw me and she couldnt run away quick enough lol...kinda put a downer on things for a bit but a few glasses of vino soon sorted that one out lol. I even went swimming!! not a big deal maybe, but for me it was as a girl that we went with is like a stick insect, with the perfect body, and i felt SOOOO self conscious around her but it was fine in the end. I dont expect to ever look like that but Im working on it :D

so...today....not sure whats on the menu til we get back from shopping, which prolly wont be til tonight cos dil takes forever to go round the shops lol. but for now its:

good ole oss - 2.5

lunch

wrap 2.5
soup 3
melba toast 1
flora light 1
cereal bar 1

cant decide what to have for dinner....prolly gonna have a jacket and prawns with salad.......but who knows!!!
will update the rest later

have a grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat day y'all :D

Last edited:
Morning :)

ended up making a quick chilli with rice and a couple of wedges last night for dinner...took me up to about 21 points for the day and didnt have anything else after that so that was a good start :)

Didnt feel hungry when I got up this morning so saving myself for my lunch...

chicken 2.5
spuds 2
stuffing 1.5
yorkie 3
gravy 1
peas 0.5
free veg

10 and i cant blooooooooming wait!

snack

apple 0.5
ww cookies 1.5

tea was

warburtons thins 3
flora light 0.5
chicken 2.5
stuffing 2
bns chips 0
bbq sauce 1
sf jelly with sponge fingers in 0.5
ww strawberry mousse 1.5

23/26 for the day

Last edited:
well shock horror...after a disastrous week food wise i must have managed to pull it back this weekend as i stayed the same this week.....chuffed aint the word!! Im gonna have a really good week this week and stay focussed.

going to the coast for the day with the family today, might have a roast lunch so I can be good there, and a light tea. Will update later

brekkie

oss 2.5

have a great bank holiday everyone, hope the sun shines on you :)

Hi Dinx Hope you had a great holiday? It sounds like you had an ace time. Well done on sts this week :) that's brill! It's great that you can treat yourself now and then and then pull it back. Have a good week

Vicky X

Hi Dinx Hope you had a great holiday? It sounds like you had an ace time. Well done on sts this week :) that's brill! It's great that you can treat yourself now and then and then pull it back. Have a good week

Vicky X

thanks very muchly :) cant quite believe i managed to sts so maybe i didnt go as mad as I thought...plus had saturday and sunday back on track so i think that helped. I think everyone needs a bit of a blow out now and again to get that motivation back...although I dont plan on blowing out anything else til im blowing out the candles on my birthday cake, and thats not til september so fingers crossed!!

ok lunch today was a carvery in sunny clacton...

Ive pointed it at 12 and I think ive over pointed it but I dont mind... I had

meat, yorkie, carrots, roast onion, broccoli, swede, peas, lil bit of stuffing, lil bit of mash, couple of the smallest roasties i could find and gravy. it was lush!!!

tea tonight was made by my dil,

chicken and bacon philly bake, which she worked out to be 9 points including peas and corn.

puts me at 23.5/26 for the day and im stuffed.com!!!

gotta run my son back to his digs in a bit :( only good thing about that is i wont be at home watching trash telly and wanting to munch for an hour and a half!

Heeyyyyy Dinx, missed ya on the boards. Sounds like you had a great holiday, dont worry too much about being a little relaxed with your eating, you was on holiday!! Hope you had a lovely day out today xx

Hi Dinx! Just checking in to follow ur progress :) x

Back