Disappeared this last month in July

nina

Silver Member
I am back....with a vengence...lost my atkins steam for nearly 3 weeks...but been on track since last Sunday...

and I must admit...ATKINS is the only way to eat for life...

I bought the new book and that has been a savior to the whole disruption I caused last month...why did I waver?? Well, the wieght wasnt't coming of quickly enough for me...People said I was loosing -- but my mind still told me I was still FAT when I saw myself in the mirror...

So I vow now to not listen to the sabatoger personality lurking in my mind -- I have cornered that chatterbox....and I feel great :)

Weigh in yesterday 3 lbs down!!! woohooo:rolleyes:

Well done Nina & welcome back to Atkins. We all have our wobbles, but if you can see why you did you're well on the way to getting it right. Great Start :D

Welcome back x

Welcome back Nina,keep that chatterbox locked away.It is very easy to lose sight of what you have achieved when the losses slow,I find taking photos a great way of being able to compare then and now,you can see physical proof of what you have achieved.
Good luck.
lorna x

thank you all for your wonderful words of encouragement !!!!!

thats why I have stuck with minimins so long .... all the members are helpful and cyber friendly!

Hi Nina, welcome back. Slow loss is maintainable loss in my book.

Hi Nina, welcome back. Slow loss is maintainable loss in my book.

Yes Jim, thank for the encouraging words...I will do this...and stories like yours makes me believe that I too can be a BIG LOSER :)

Of course you can Nina. :)

Go for it! Nothing to lose except the weight :D
Bren xx

Thanks Bren!!!

I must say -- you look great -- congratulations on your achievement!!!

How you doing Nina?

Hiya Bren -- thanks for stopping by to check in on me!!

Doing great...I am fasting this month in Ramadan, so I am eating and drinking what I can manage (your stomach shrinks so much) after dusk...The atkins edge definately helps staving off hunger during waking hours...

but I do enjoy a few spring rolls each night (where can I finsd the cab count for these homemade delicacies??)-- and I made atkins friendly lemon curd...so not to fall off the wagon again...

I have so much to lose and some days it feels like I will never get there -- but most days I say I will be there eventually...slow and steady wins the race :)

How did you handle your chatterbox on the hard and challenging days...shes can become so pessimistic at times...

My chatterbox is with me constantly - I try and shut him up (definitely a he! cos he is a pain in the ar*e) by keeping busy and researching atkins friendly alternatives to things I am "fancying". If all else fails a long walk with the dog away from food is the only thing that works - followed by a couple of pints of water when I get home. Exercise seems to be the one thing that stops the hunger when it arrives.
Fasting must be really hard - don't think I could do it as I tend to graze all day - especially at work.
Am really rooting for you - hope you get to where you want to be.
Bren xx

Back