Disappointed at first weigh in

holzie

Hi I'm Holly, i started slimming world for the first time. Heard so many success stories so I thought I'd give it a go. I only lost 2lb on my first week where others lost 5 or more. I stick to the EE plan 100%. I'm not looking forward to weigh in as I made the mistake of jumping on my scales and with 3 days til WI it's not a big difference.Any advice most welcome xx

I've not done slimming world, but I know that weight loss varies a lot from person to person. I don't lose quickly, but I don't gain quickly either. The large first week losses are usually mainly down to water loss, and will probably be regained when the perosn stops dieting. 1-2lbs a week is a sensible amount to be losing, I know it seems like it will take forever, just think that you are re-educating your body and tastebuds so that you can maintain the slim body you will achieve in time. Good luck and don't be despondent xx

Hi :)

Hey Holly! Welcome :)
How much do you have to lose?

I know it can be really frustrating when you see other people shredding through their weight loss, but slow and steady is the aim of SW- it's a lifestyle change, not a crash diet. The recommended speed is 1-2lbs a week.
Some people drop over a stone in the first week (mostly water weight), others lose a couple of lbs and some stay the same. It's a very personal thing, and you shouldn't worry or give up. The scales are going in the right direction.

It might help if you upload a food diary to the SW food diaries section- that way we can have a look at what you're eating and give you any tips we might have.

Generally speaking, smaller losses are down to really small things that you wouldn't imagine to make a difference; weighing your healthy extras and carefully measuring your syns (is it really 1 tsp or did you guess?), making sure you feel full after every meal, making sure you're eating a variety of foods and absolutely making sure that 1/3 of each meal is speed foods. Some foods are annoying and aren't speed when you expect them to be (blueberries for example) or aren't free when you expect them to be (dates, avocados).
Most people I know also swear by weigh-day hacks. If you weigh in the morning, don't eat before WI, if you weigh in the evening, don't eat after midday, making sure to go to the bathroom before you weigh, wearing light clothes, etc.

Do let us know if there's any way we can help and don't give up! You can do it x

Hi Holly!

How are you doing now?

Try not to get discouraged. Remember this is a journey and it's not a race. The first time I did slimming world I had small losses for the first two weigh ins but then I lost half a stone on my third. There was one girl in my group who didn't lose anything for the first month and then she started losing very quickly. Stick with it. Give yourself six weeks and you should see results! Think of it this way...if you lose a pound a week that's a stone in a little over 3 months. I find reading the success stories on the website helps if I'm feeling a bit down and it helps keep me focused.

Back