Total Solution Disappointed first weigh in

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
6lbs lost..thats it, thats all exante has helped me lose :sigh: Whenever I did CD, I would lose 12lbs in the first week. Well, I definitely wont reach my goal for my birthday on this diet and have no choice but to carry on as I still have 3 weeks supply to get through.:cry::cry:

i think thats a great loss, well done!!!!

Were you bigger when you did the CD ?? as thats going to make a big difference!

If i can lost 6lb in my first week i will be made up!!

Chin up, your doing fab .
xxx

Maybe you had a lot more to lose when you first did a VLCD? You had less than 2 stone in total to lose this time so perhaps thats affected the first loss?? Tis still a great loss I think :)

Thats still a loss TrueBlueAngel and a good loss at that.

Are you drinking the recommended amount of water?

6lbs is a really good loss. The first week WI factors are different if you have less to lose it stands to reason you will lose less. If TOTM is due you may lose less. Also, if you have been following another diet prior to this one, low carbing etc etc then that will also play a factor. In 3 weeks you will still continue to lose weight. Exante is a VLCD and will help you lose exactly like Cambridge.

Looking at your starting weight of just over 12 stone, you've lost almost half a stone in one week, I think that is actually a very good loss for your size.

You need to be looking at 12-14lbs over a 4 week period and anything else above that is a bonus!! :D

Thanks all. I know when I've put weight on to this amount, I've still lost more on CD, and wonder if also that Exante is slightly higher in calories (not much, I know, but still...). I'll persevere anyway, its better to do it than not at all. I admit my fluid intake is more coffee than water but again, better than nothing. After the next 3 weeks, if the losses are still low, it might be better for me to do SW (hubby needs to go anyway, so he says), but we'll see what the next 3 weeks brings :)
Thanks again for the comments :)

100 calories extra per day in the scheme of things isn't going to prevent you from losing a further 6lbs.

Not that um trying to dissuade you from doing a further diet, if you prefer to switch and that suits you better, by all means. Dieting is about choosing the best plan to suit you.

I just wanted to point out that a calorie counting type diet wouldn't give you the same losses as exante, if you found yourself disappointed with the loss you haf today.

Congratulations on your loss today x

with SW you wont lose 6lbs in a week. It averages at 1-2lbs a week with a higher loss (maybe) in the first week. 6lbs is a great loss. I can understand seeing others losing 10/12lbs in their first week can be disheartening but you dont have that much to lose. Remember that SW weekly losses are alot smaller and it'll take you longer to lose the weight than on exante.

You shouldn't be so tough on yourself - I would have thought most people with 2st to lose would be very happy with shifting 25% of that in one week. Try and be positive about it - that would take 3 weeks or so on a 'normal' diet.

I have 4 stone to lose and have just finished my first week. I'm also a man so I'm supposed to lose more and I lost 8.5lbs so you could say not a lot more than you really. I'm well pleased with that though.

I just try and think what I'd be feeling like if I hadn't made a start on this - it feels like a massive change, a really positive step in the right direction and like I've made a big step in the right direction.

Try and remain positive - and drink more water :) (I hate the water!!!)

And... before anyone says I'm crap at maths, I only used 25% as a rough figure - it's close enough :)

Thats an excellent loss some people have a big loss to start off with then a lot smaller losses as the weeks go on you may lose 6lb next week where as someone who loses 10lb in the first week may lose 3lb the second week in the end the monthly loses will be very similar keep at it your doing brill :D

I think i wrote this somewhere else on the forum before but... mathematically speaking it takes 3500 calories to get rid of (or gain) 1lb of fat. Therefore if you are eating an extra 100 calories a day (exante vs CD) then for every 35 days you are on Exante, you will lose 1lb less than you would have lost without that extra 100 cal. And 1lb every 35 days is barely noticeable - infact it means next to nothing unless you look at the very long term (1 or 2 years) and other factors are much more likely to influence your weightloss,... TOTM, fluid retention, muscle weight, exercise, bowel contents - all much more likely to be noticed than 1lb every 35 days from an extra 100 cal ;).

Dont beat urslf up.. A loss is still a loss. Ur nearly half a stone lighter then this time last week! Think abt nxt week & hw much u could lose... Be proud & positive that u lost 6lbs.
Remember were worth it :)

It could be that this time you were not retaining anywhere hear as much water. The loss of 12lbs on CD in week one would most likely have been around 8lbs in water. So don't let it get you down.

TrueBlueAngel said:
Thanks all. I know when I've put weight on to this amount, I've still lost more on CD, and wonder if also that Exante is slightly higher in calories (not much, I know, but still...). I'll persevere anyway, its better to do it than not at all. I admit my fluid intake is more coffee than water but again, better than nothing. After the next 3 weeks, if the losses are still low, it might be better for me to do SW (hubby needs to go anyway, so he says), but we'll see what the next 3 weeks brings :)
Thanks again for the comments :)

Nope I have done cambridge Exante and LL the losses are the same

Back