Disappointed with delivery charge and delivery time in Scotland

mhorag

Hi everyone - away to have a bit of a grump :( I placed my order with exante this morning, and just received an e-mail advising me that it won't be delivered until next Wednesday. That's almost a whole week! Although I realise it's Easter, I've had this problem with exante before - a week for delivery, even though I'm being charged a lot for delivery! I though it might just be a one off, so never bothered complaining. I live in the UK mainland - in Scotland (not in the highlands and islands) so feel that I'm being disadvantaged. Has any other Scottish people had this problem. Boo xx

The delivery is absolutely nothing to do with where you live it's because it's Easter. The parcel won't get picked up by the courier til Tuesday and it'll be delivered on Wed That's not Exantes fault. Anyone ordering today won't get it til Wed regardless where they live. How much are you being charged for delivery.

Any time I've ordered it's come the next day

Last edited:
I'm in Aberdeen and placed an order early this morning. I've got an email saying it will be delivered on Tuesday. My last order took a couple of days as well I think. Not ages but I'm sure it wasn't next day. It's like most companies I think, anything north of the border is highlands and Islands!

I discovered the other day that we can't get Virgin Media here because they won't put the wires out for it.

Tuesday is the next working day after today. So some orders will make that and others won't. Deliveries can take a couple of days depending when your order is made. I've never ever ever had deliveries delayed because I'm north of the border. It's generally only the highlands and islands which will get delays. Anywhere else gets the same service as the rest of the country

Hi Starlight

It's not the fault of exante that the courier company they use, definie the UK mainalnd on their own terms. I think it's a source of frustration for many people! My point was the following....

On the exante website, it states that it's only the Highlands and Islands (and NI) that might incur an additional delay. It's only after you pay and you receive an e-mail a few hours later that you are informed that the delivery will take longer. Up to that point no idication is given at all. I e-mailed coustomer services at exante and they told me that they are fully aware that their courier company define Aberdeenshire as the Highlands and Islands. So, I thought it might be useful for other customers, if exante amended their website, to indicate that this is the case. It's not their fault that the courier company set their own definitions - but exante are aware of it, so it renders their website a bit misleading - espacially if they are fully aware of the definitions. Anyway, perhaps they might consider popping a short disclaimer on the website, explaining the situation. It won't put me of buying exante products, I'm finally seeing some good results and hope to contiune with the diet until I reach goal!

Back