Disappointed :(

Lizzymag

Well i shouldnt really be disappointed as anything lost is better than a gain i suppose.
last week i lost 2.5lbs and this week i have lost 2lb. I really stuck to plan this week and thought i would've lost a bit more than 2lb!
I have looked through a few posts re: syns and realised i am having around 5 syns at the most everyday so im thinking of upping the syns to the whole 15 for this week to see if that helps to lose a bit more next week! (Probably silly thinking this will help!)

sorry for the pointless thread!

Hi Lizzymag,

not a silly thread at all & chances are I'll be posting something similar tomorrow. A 2 lb loss is fab! Sometimes it takes a few weeks for your body to adjust to slimming world. Also a lot of people seem to find that using between 10 & 15 syns helps increase weightloss. I've been using low syns this week so we will see how that goes too.
Ive a weigh in tomorrow & am praying for 2lb loss. I've less than a month to shift 10lb realistically I don't think it's going to happen.
B

Thanks for your reply BennyB. Hopefully i will lose more next week but ive sat and thought about it and if i continue to lose 2lb per week i will have 1st off in 2 months so its not too bad i guess!
Hope you get that 2lb loss tomorrow!

A suggestion from a veteran dieter. Go to supermarket and pick up 2lbs of lard! Works for me really well lol. :eek:

2lb is more than you think, and I know there are a lot of people out there who would kill to lose 2lb a week. You should be pleased!

Just to put it into perspective, 2lb a week is 7st 6lb in a year...

Thanks Solange and Princess Stevie for your replies. When i think about it 2lb lard is wuite a lot!!
And Princess Stevie, i never thought of it being 7st off in a yr!
I think i had set my aim for this week too high and now i think about it i am happy that i have lost and not gained!
Even if it continues at 2lb per week i will be happy!

I was chuffed at getting 1lb this week as despite being good my sneaky mid week weigh showed a 1lb gain. I upped the body magic the past 2 days and when I got on for weight in today I was down 1.

At the end of the day as long as you are going in the right direction......

Well i shouldnt really be disappointed as anything lost is better than a gain i suppose.
last week i lost 2.5lbs and this week i have lost 2lb. I really stuck to plan this week and thought i would've lost a bit more than 2lb!
I have looked through a few posts re: syns and realised i am having around 5 syns at the most everyday so im thinking of upping the syns to the whole 15 for this week to see if that helps to lose a bit more next week! (Probably silly thinking this will help!)

Some weeks you'll lose a pound, some weeks you'll lose four, and you've eaten the same stuff.

What's important is that you keep it off. 2 1/2 last week, 2 this week. If you got two next week, would you really be disappointed that in three weeks you had lost 1/2 a pound short of 1/2 a stone?

Use the syns to help you keep to the plan, if you are too strict its much more easy to end up falling off the wagon.

Some weeks you'll lose a pound, some weeks you'll lose four, and you've eaten the same stuff.

Very true. And there may also be weeks when you STS or even have a small gain, despite being on plan all week! You can't predict what your body will do regards weight loss. That's why I always used to refuse to set myself a weekly target, much to the Consultant's annoyance!

Very true. And there may also be weeks when you STS or even have a small gain, despite being on plan all week! You can't predict what your body will do regards weight loss. That's why I always used to refuse to set myself a weekly target, much to the Consultant's annoyance!

I agree with lardylady. All the way through my weight loss I refused to set myself any targets, not even an end date; if I had I would have failed miserably because I was a slow loser. I was happy to accept whatever my body did and rejoice even if I STS - well, most of the time! Try to look at the broader picture - as long as the overall trend is downwards, you are doing fine.

How much you lose per week is dependent on your body, so don't be deheartened if other people apear to lose more quickly. Another factor to bear in mind is your previous diet - diet as in nutrition, not a weight-loss diet that is. The bigger the difference between what you used to eat and the SW plan, the more likely you are to lose weight quickly. If, for example, you used to eat lots of fruit, veg and salads etc then the emphasis on Superfree will have limited effect.

Just keep on and that way you will get to end of your journey.

Yeah try upping your syns, I always lose better when I have my full 15. I don't know how you cope on 5 syns a day, I'd be going crazy lol!

Thank you for your replies! They have all definately made me realise that a loss is still a step in the right direction!!

Liz3 - i am starting to really want things like chocolate again (i havent had chocolate for nearly a month now) but as i write this i have a lovely bar of chocolate in the fridge which i believe is 7.5 syns (Daim bar)! Sooooooo looking forward to eating that later!!

Thank you for your replies! They have all definately made me realise that a loss is still a step in the right direction!!

Liz3 - i am starting to really want things like chocolate again (i havent had chocolate for nearly a month now) but as i write this i have a lovely bar of chocolate in the fridge which i believe is 7.5 syns (Daim bar)! Sooooooo looking forward to eating that later!!

Yum, go for it... it's what they're there for. Enjoy ;) x

My average is about 2lb a week, and I am pleased with that, seeing as my weight was going up and up, turning the tide to down and down is a huge achievement, in my head after the first month I wanted a 1lb a week so pretty pleased with an average of 2. Looking at my diaries which I keep in word, my best loses are on weeks when my syns are around 10-12 a day.

My average is about 2lb a week, and I am pleased with that, seeing as my weight was going up and up, turning the tide to down and down is a huge achievement, in my head after the first month I wanted a 1lb a week so pretty pleased with an average of 2. Looking at my diaries which I keep in word, my best loses are on weeks when my syns are around 10-12 a day.

my syns were quite lowest week so I hope to have another 2 lb loss this week if I up the syns. I'd only 3 syns yesterday so really really enjoyed 2 treat size crunchies with a mug of coffee last night

Hi don't be down about your loss hun, you have done great :D
I lost 1-1/2lb 1st week then 1lb 2nd week, so 2-1/2lb so far, but in all honesty I am over the moon! I did have a bad day which included a kebab though!
I have eaten so much food and am loosing weight haha its fantastic! I have started upping my syns this week, so will be intrigued as to this thursdays weigh in, I sometimes would only have 1 syn a day!
monster munch and a curly wurly works out at 12 syns, not had it everyday but when I have its been epic but I feel so naughty hahahaha, today i'll be having extra bread for lunch, plus ketchup for dinner on my slimming world chips and bacon double cheeseburger :D
Good luck on your weigh in hun, you will do great :D
xx

I would have killed to have lost 2lb a week on my journey. I barely lost 2lb a month ! But I got there in the end.
If you don't like eating syns try cooking with them. A tablespoon of olive oil is 6 syns or have some real gravy or mayonnaise or an extra slice of bread etc. It can be easy to incorporate syns into your meals rather then as snacks.

Well done on your achievement so far

Thank you everyone! Im hoping for a 2.5lb loss this week and then i would have my 1/2 st off! But not holding hope of that as i have had an "off" day today! Havent counted my syns today but it was nice to just relax a bit! If i have gone over 15 syns it wont be by much but at least i enjoyed everything i ate hehe!
chuffed today as i made my own homemade sw bbq sauce and it was yummy! Think i need to go easy on the chilli powder next time tho!
Hope you are all doing well x

Back