Disastrous week..where's the chocolate?!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ninjajen, 11 June 2008 Social URL.

1. ninjajen

ninjajen Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am feeling so sorry for myself I had to share it to stop me from reaching for the biscuits - and trust me, we have a LOT of biscuits here..

After a great fortnight (with the odd cheat, I'll admit) I had my first weigh in last thursday and discovered I'd officially lost 12lbs. Not bad.

So then Thursday night I treated myself to a couple of chips, but figured it was allowed. Friday went ok, but come the weekend.. well, I really fell off the wagon. I was pretty hungry from running in the Oxford Race for Life, but had a healthy dinner of salad - till I had to get the train later that evening, when, without a tetra brick and with the bolshy confidence of it-won't-hurt I ended up eating most of a panini on the platform and not feeling guilty. But it was enough to send me over the edge, cos the next morning I had a slice of cake, followed by a pitta bread..and did I mention the almond brioche?! Monday morning I discovered I'd put on 3lb!

Now I feel like I've had to start again, and my resolve is just not the same as it was (maybe a bit of pms too?) but I desperately want to be under the weight I was at the last weigh in - what a waste of a week!

I hate how this makes you feel so crappy at times - I'd even say that the bad breath of ketosis is better than feeling like this!

Anyone else struggling? Anyone else got any tips to stop me from going for the chocoloate/bacon bap/pizza?! Or ways to cheer myself up that don't involve spending money? :)

Hope everyone else is doing better..!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    we all struggle at some point , fall off ,just got to pick yourself up hun n get back on . so you cheated , ok start again learn from it ,couple days n your back where you want to be . come on you can do it we are all here with you . xxxxxx

4. willbesize10

willbesize10 Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.36%)
    Diet:
    diet shack
    Hiya, just keep rembering that big 12lbs loss, its things like that, that make it worth sticking with! Give yourself a good pampering to cheer yourself up, works for me!

Well done running in the race for life:D

5. susie Q

susie Q Full Member

Diet:
    cd
    Hi you can do it, you have lost 12lbs so far just remember how wonderful that felt.
    When you get the urge for something sweet try sniffing at a bottle of vanilla essence - sounds strange but its what the modles do apparently, amazingly it works, think its where it smells so sweet, also have a black coffee with a couple of splenda tablet sweeteners- becareful which sweeteners you use as I've been using the wrong ones to my horror, the sweet taste helps for a while xx

6. m85912

m85912 Only a few more pounds...

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(33.51%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    What programme are you doing by the way? Try learning that a great/good week doesn't result in a "treat"....as one often leads to another and so forth as you have just experienced....having done great isn't an opportunity to resume "normal" eating again. I know its very hard, but you'll save yourself the trouble and drama in the end and won't end up feeling like you need a biscuit or a chocolate... Hope that helps. Good luck! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.