Disastrous week..where's the chocolate?!

ninjajen

I am feeling so sorry for myself I had to share it to stop me from reaching for the biscuits - and trust me, we have a LOT of biscuits here..

After a great fortnight (with the odd cheat, I'll admit) I had my first weigh in last thursday and discovered I'd officially lost 12lbs. Not bad.

So then Thursday night I treated myself to a couple of chips, but figured it was allowed. Friday went ok, but come the weekend.. well, I really fell off the wagon. I was pretty hungry from running in the Oxford Race for Life, but had a healthy dinner of salad - till I had to get the train later that evening, when, without a tetra brick and with the bolshy confidence of it-won't-hurt I ended up eating most of a panini on the platform and not feeling guilty. But it was enough to send me over the edge, cos the next morning I had a slice of cake, followed by a pitta bread..and did I mention the almond brioche?! Monday morning I discovered I'd put on 3lb!

Now I feel like I've had to start again, and my resolve is just not the same as it was (maybe a bit of pms too?) but I desperately want to be under the weight I was at the last weigh in - what a waste of a week!

I hate how this makes you feel so crappy at times - I'd even say that the bad breath of ketosis is better than feeling like this!

Anyone else struggling? Anyone else got any tips to stop me from going for the chocoloate/bacon bap/pizza?! Or ways to cheer myself up that don't involve spending money? :)

Hope everyone else is doing better..!

Hi you can do it, you have lost 12lbs so far just remember how wonderful that felt.
When you get the urge for something sweet try sniffing at a bottle of vanilla essence - sounds strange but its what the modles do apparently, amazingly it works, think its where it smells so sweet, also have a black coffee with a couple of splenda tablet sweeteners- becareful which sweeteners you use as I've been using the wrong ones to my horror, the sweet taste helps for a while xx

What programme are you doing by the way? Try learning that a great/good week doesn't result in a "treat"....as one often leads to another and so forth as you have just experienced....having done great isn't an opportunity to resume "normal" eating again. I know its very hard, but you'll save yourself the trouble and drama in the end and won't end up feeling like you need a biscuit or a chocolate... Hope that helps. Good luck! x

Back