Discovering your pregnant on cambridge...

Keighleyjo2010

Silver Member
I have been fannying about with this diet for years now and found my groove a few wks ago. I had reached my heaviest 18:9! Over the next 5 wks I had lost 19lbs, but then last weekend OH surprised me with a wkend away, which in turn threw me off track! I have struggled to get back on last week. I restarted yesterday @ 17:10! I had put on 6lbs in 10days!

We are desperate for a child! But I need to get my weight down, so I just wanted to find out how far gone people have been when they have discovered they are pregnant while on Cambridge.

I need to get as much weight off before falling pregnant but we are not taking any precautions in the mean time if it happens it happens.

My only concern is that I do fall preg & don't realise for a while. Is there any issues that would arise with the baby while being on a VLCD?

Hey! What a great start for your baby. I started at 17.8 (now 12.13) still a stone to go. I didn't ovulate at that weight but went to docs a month ago and I now do, he said everything in the plan is healthy and fab do keep going, keep ttc and it will happen. Just come off as soon as your pregnant! Try not to surcome to the highs and lows of ov...thinking your pregnant and period get to you this will only impact on your focus of the plan.
You can do it, just imagine-no questions marks if your pregnant or just fat..water birth...no diabetes test. So many pros for you to complete plan xxx

I've been pregnant twice on Cambridge. And was all planned it defo helped the second time round is been trying for months and soon as I started CD the rapid weight loss helped. Neither pregnancy was successful however that is due to an hereditary issue I have. I lost one kn June and gained 1 1/2 stone since then and really need focus myself into why I'm doing this.
Main thing is soon as u conceive you stop the diet immediately and go onto eating healthy. Midwives will help u with Ur weight when pregnant as only diet they allow is SW. Ketosis is dangerous when pregnant. I know people haven't found out until they're say 8/9 weeks but you shouldn't take the risk once u know. Hope that helps xx

Back