DISCOVERY PLAN....

happy_feet

Good morning:)

I am starting the Discovery plan today:)anyone else starting today? heard yesterday from someone at my meeting that my leader threatened to resign as she was shouted at at another meeting because of the new plan:sigh::sigh: why cant people give the plan a chance before getting their knickers in a twist and finding fault in something they have not even tried yet:mad:

I think the leaders are in a difficult position at the moment as they are having to plug the new plan regardless of what they think! There was a lady in our meeting last night that was not very happy as she did Core, and the leader had no real helpful advice for her, to be told 'well will give you the new plan anyway and its up to you if you want to try it' :confused: I certainly wouldnt have been happy with that!!

To me I have always done points but can see that if you were following the Core plan, enjoying it and it was working that going to feel aggrieved now due to its discontinuation.

Ok you can still follow it (on your own) but it isnt fair to those clients who like core. I can see a lot of Core followers will switch to Slimming world now.

I think there has been alot of build up to this and its left an awful lot of people very dissapointed. Its a shame.

I am a true WW convert, have tried many other diets but always come back to WW.. but cant say as this new plan is that 'exciting' its nothing dont know already!!

Time will tell how it all goes I suppose but in all fairness I do think in my tiny humble opionion that the Core followers have a right to be upset! If I did Core I sure would be.

There were a few 'core' people at my old ww classes. the people on core at my class now didnt really say much either way.

Well i didnt think that much of the enw plan,i am still doing good old points plan!

Our leader handled it really well and went through the weightlosses from the helpers as incentive. There are 2 diehard core fans and she asked them if they would try the new plan just for one week, that they didn't have to eat different foods just point it and try to stay within the allowance. If after 1 week they were really unhappy she would sit with them and go through the Simply Filling technique.

oh i totally agree with you about people on core ( i do core) having a valid complaint, but to shout at your WW leader is really not the way to go about it imo.....I do agree that there is not a lot of information given at the meetings for us core users though!

Its hardly the poor womans fault, thats dreadful.

I think most of the problem is the big build up theres been, I think most people were expecting something more drastic. Personally I think its all a big con on the part of WW.

Its hardly 'new and exciting' to tell us a portion of pasta is going to fill us up more than a bar of chocolate. Thats just common sense. Theres been so much hype and mystery about the new plan, and at the end of the day, whats new about it?? Well nothing really

I guess WW need something to attract people, especially for the new year. I guess they might be getting squeezed a bit by LL and maybe the recession. Weight loss hasn't changed and I guess the lack of change to WW shows that WW have had it right for a long time.

Hi all
I missed my WW meeting this week and has a look at the ne wplan on the website but couldn't make sense of it! Is the new plan just instead of core and oyu can still do points?
Thanks

Hi Grom - I've just posted the same question on another thread!

Starlight - I don't know really - just speculating as to why they needed to publicise.

Hi everyone weight watchers do this regularly prob every 2-3 years.The thing is they make such a fuss about the new plan and usually there s not much change at all. They did the same when they changed from 123 success to pure points and since then there have been time to eat and switch,it 's mainly to do with marketing and a way of trying to tempt old members back.Every time it changes there is a new lot of books to go with the new plan to encourage people to spend.
I am not knocking ww it does work and in the past I have lost a lot of weight doing it.
But they do regularly relaunch there plans.
If you like the core plan just stick with it,if it works for you.
Once you have the initial info I used to feel I went to the sessions for the weigh in and the group support as much as anything and it was about being answerable to someone when you got on those scales.
Good luck to everyone whichever plan you decide to follow and wishing you all a brilliant weight loss this wk.
lorna x

I am sure i saw a section on the tracker that you can do 'simply full' where you just eat the filling foods - i.e. core... so i guess they are trying to help the core fans there a little. have a look and tell me if i am going mad and imagining it ;)

I am sure i saw a section on the tracker that you can do 'simply full' where you just eat the filling foods - i.e. core... so i guess they are trying to help the core fans there a little. have a look and tell me if i am going mad and imagining it ;)

I think thats being introduced in a few weeks time, they want people to try the new programme but obviously realise there will be some people on Core who wont change. I think its week 3 that comes in.

Its hardly the poor womans fault, thats dreadful.

I think most of the problem is the big build up theres been, I think most people were expecting something more drastic. Personally I think its all a big con on the part of WW.

Its hardly 'new and exciting' to tell us a portion of pasta is going to fill us up more than a bar of chocolate. Thats just common sense. Theres been so much hype and mystery about the new plan, and at the end of the day, whats new about it?? Well nothing really

as the great mr meat loaf said you took the words right out of my mouth....I will try it but I deffo see where you are coming from on this:copon:

Back