DISCUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

NooNoo1970

Hi all!! havent been doing CD for a while and needless to say I have gained weight back(again!!) I have always bought my water flavourings off ebay.. from the same person for 10.99 for two pots...no p+p...never had a prob, good always arrived the next day etc (i know the person is a cdc in another part of the country..shh don't tell anyone!!) Anyway was just trying to find the person again to buy some more for a re- start and I found a seller selling 1 pot of water flavouring for 15.99+p+p!!!!!!!!!!!

how can people be allowed to get away with this???

People who are desperate to loose weight will pay this money.....but its way over the odds............can this not be stopped???

the only way it can be stopped is by not buying off ebay or for ridiculous prices. i know cambridge have tried to stop it but everyone knows you can still get it off ebay if you have massive amounts of money to spend! it is disgusting, you're right, but people have been exploiting people who are desperate to lose weight for years. c'est la vie i'm afraid.. sad but true.

Jen is absolutely right, Cambridge have tried (with success!) to shut down counsellors selling the packs on Ebay but will never be able to fully stop it.

The only people who will stop it is the customer and that is if they refuse to pay inflated prices and pay RRP pricing from their own counsellor.

Mike

I agree ~ it is incredibly easy for people to exploit the fact that there are those who for whatever reason either choose not to, or cant access CD through conventional means.

I think most of those buying from ebay are those who would need Doctors permission to start and believe they wont get it, are contraindicated, or perhaps live too far away from a CDC ~ so unfortunately there will always be a market for this type of selling environment.

It must be difficult for Cambridge to track down CDC's who are doing this and of course they have no control over those who have purchased and having reached goal, or are no longer wanting to continue, sell there surplus products ~ so what's the answer, unfortunately as has already be said "such is life".

I know I got some off ebay when I started because, as much as I wanted to lose 3stone, I wasn't 3 stone over the max weight for my height - I was 12st 10lb and a BMI of 25 is 10st 10lb.. So I didn't think I'd get accepted by a cdc..

After a week or so I rang a cdc who happily accepted me.. I wish I hadn't bought off ebay and get cross with people that sell it, maybe that makes me hypocritical.. I just think if I hadnt had an alternative way of getting it then I would have gone straight to a cdc and had all the support I needed from the beginning...

Hey all, To be honest when i first found out the price of this diet the first thing i thought of was looking on ebay (just because im a student and have no money). I decided against this and in fact i didnt even look as i would have been tempted. I think that people can get away with anything now adays with the way of technology. The only way for this to stop is for people to stop looking.
Sophie x

Back