Disheartened

JestersTear

Silver Member
Well, I've been really chuffed recently as I can now wear a pair of trousers (size 26!) which I'd been waaaay to big for. I've slimmed back down into a size 28 and now a size 26.
So, I thought, with my new 'thinness' I would go to Evans and buy a pair of black 'going out' trousers in my new size of 26...but no.
None of them come close to doing up :cry:

I'm so disheartened by this - I'd thought I'd come down a dress size again...
I'm alone all evening and I'm doing my best not to order in a huge pizza or something and just think 'stuff it'

Damn those clothing manufacturers - they really have little idea of the hold they have on our emotional wellbeing :(

You have done FANTASTICALLY well - three stone gone, two dress sizes gone - you have every reason to feel extremely proud of yourself - just stand back from the pizza leaflet!

You have done really well on your weight loss journey - sometimes the weight and the body shape don't change at the same time .. when your body *does* decide to play catchup, you can go shopping with confidence and feel like a queen - chin up, I am here rooting for you :D

Thanks Angie.
What was really annoying was that my legs are obviously a size 26 but my belly certainly isn't!!

I am trying to think of an item of clothing that would reflect your new leg size, but not go over your waist - all I can think of is that you could always get yourself a new pair of legwarmers ...

I hope you have a nice evening - have you decided on tea?

I wouldnt be too disheartened hun, I think Evans is quite small fitting this season anyway. My mum is a size 14 everywhere but has to get a 16 and sometimes 18 in Evans because otherwise they won't do up. So cheer up hun xx

I agree with Ikkle. Evans are not that generous at present. I have the opposite problem to you. I have to have a size up because of my thighs. Have always wished up was my legs that were slimmer!

You have done sooo well. Do not let a shop who can't get their sizing right ruin it for you!

Please don't think I'm just saying this but I have exactly the same problems with Evans. None of their jeans fit me, most of them I can't even pull up as the legs are so narrow.

Agree with the others, don't let it get to you. It's just one shop. Keep going, you've done so well so far xx

Don't feel disheartened.

Sizes change from shop to shop and even within the same shop depending on the item of clothing.

As you said you have slimmed into a pair of trousers which were too small for you and now they fit! Thats an amazing achievment in itself.

xxxx

Thanks girls...I don;t usually let something like this get me down, but I'd been so excited by my 'new' dress size...it was very disappointing to find out that hadn't shrunk as much as I'd thought.

For tea, I decided against a pizza and had an omelette with bacon and Bachelors savoury rice - comfort food..

OMG what the hell are you saying.......look at your weight loss you are bloody brillant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clothing sizes are the worst thing to judge anything by... I can tell you.
This weeks trousers are cut small, next weeks trousers will be just right, the week after will be too big.
Always remember that sizes differ from country to country depending where they are made.

Just a little gem for you... I ride a motorbike and needed new jacket and trousers well!!! I need a 6XL jacket .... this is because they are mainly made in Asian countries and if you compare the actual measurement with lets say a casual jacket from M&S it would convert to a XL or 2XL....

Hopefully this will help you, I would Sod Evans and go somwhere else or how about look at yourself in the mirror in your new clothes and say .... yep that looks good. Get home and cut the size label out

YOUR WEIGHT LOSS IS A PURE INSPIRATION TO ME AND I AM SURE OTHERS

Well done

Phil X

I'm glad you resisted the Pizza, it would have tasted great but made you feel worse!!

Another little achievement on your weight loss journey.
x

Awww...thanks!

I'm glad I posted up about how I was feeling....if I hadn;t, i think i would have sat and stewed about it and scoffed pizza and then felt worse!

Phil, I'm sure you look gorgeous in your leathers! *drools*

well done!!! good on you for resisting!

I've got everything from a 10 to an 18! All manufacturer's size differently. My size 12 jeans fit perfectly on the waist, but are huge on the bum/hips. I get really frustrated so can understand exactly how you feel. Don't lose heart. You're doing so well

Hey hun, Don't worry about the size if you put it on and you look and feel good then don't worry. Who is going to know what size it is.

If you do fancy a pizza get the new slimming world magazine, they have a nice meat feast one in there to make at home. If you want I can post the receipe on here tomorrow if you can't get the magazine. I haven't tried it yet but I'm gonna as it looks delish.

Keep up the good work sweetie as you have done so well so far.
Big hugs.

Hey hun, Don't worry about the size if you put it on and you look and feel good then don't worry. Who is going to know what size it is.

If you do fancy a pizza get the new slimming world magazine, they have a nice meat feast one in there to make at home. If you want I can post the receipe on here tomorrow if you can't get the magazine. I haven't tried it yet but I'm gonna as it looks delish.

Keep up the good work sweetie as you have done so well so far.
Big hugs.

Thanks hon, for the offer.
I got the magazine in class, but was planning to try making the mash pizza instead.

hey hun,

I made the curry last night and it was so lovely. I just made enough for me and got my OH to try and little bit (hes a bit of a fussy eater) and he loved it too and when he heard that we would be saving loads making it ourselves rather than buying a jar of curry sauce he was won over. Think I'll be having curry this weekend too!!! Defiantely worth a try. xx

Back