Distored body image

Purpled

Gold Member
Do any of you think you have a distorted body image?

For example......a lady at work today said she wanted to loose some weight! I never joined in the conversation but I was listening. She is 5ft9 the same as me and she weighs 2 and a half stone more.
Then it hit me! I thought I was bigger than her...by a long way! But how can I be when she's 2 and a half stone heavier!

Anyway ive lost over 30lbs and my size 14s are becoming loose. I am 5 lbs away from a healthy bmi!

But

Why do I still feel fat?

Do any of you feel the same way? Or understand how I feel?

You still feel fat because you're not ready to stop yet. When you get closer to goal then your mindset should change.

I think it does take awhile for your head to get round your new size etc - Im sure it will come!

I'm already nearly at goal and still feeling like this. Have started picking up the right clothes size in shops and I know they fit me but in my mind I don't see much of a difference at all but I'm sure it will get there. Well done so far x

You know what I'm exactly like this! At the weekend I had 3 different people telling me I can't have anymore weight to lose yet I still look at myself and think "I'm getting close to goal but still look fat!" I do feel thinner but I don't think I look normal compared to other people! I hit my healthy bmiin Monday so know I'm a normal weight! X

Wow! Glad it's not just me that feels like this!
I wonder how we can overcome this?

I'm 1lb off my goal and still feel fat too :( I think it's me because people keep telling me how small I am! :( x

iv lost 2 stone but still feel fat! and i wanna lose nearly another 2 stone! ... loads people has said i dont need to lose more but i do .. yh i can see in a mirror im kinda slimmer and some my old jeans now fit when i couldnt get them past my thighs before but still .. i feel massive!

Back