Distract me, please

Aubergine

My CDC, the lovely Summer, said I should introduce myself here. I have about eight stone to lose to be comfortable with myself and I've got rid of 21lbs in five weeks. I have never been thin in my life so I'd like to be thin just once. If only for a change of pace.:)

Being fat has made my life so small, safe and boring because I didn't want to face people. It's got to change.

I've done okay in sticking to sole-sourcing -- aside from one incident in a dodgy Spanish restaurant during AAM -- but I am thinking *all the time* about food when I am not working and it's making me crazy.

I keep seeing chicken pies with haloes of light around them, floating in heavenly mashed potato clouds, accompanied by choruses of Monty Python angels singing oooo-eee-oooo and pouring heavenly gravy from giant golden gravy boats. (Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration)

Please, if anyone has any tactics of distraction or clues on how to stop thinking about the Celestial Chicken Pies of Evil Temptation etc etc, I would love to hear them.

I tried buying a jigsaw to do while watching TV but after finishing one, frankly I'd rather eat the pieces than do another bl00dy jigsaw.:cool:

Cheers,
K.

hmm how about imagining cutting into that lovely looking pie and having little yellow fluffy chicks pop their heads out and look so cute that you really can't bear to eat them any more. And the potatoes could turn into sheep, and the gravy is mud (is this working?)

Or alternatively imagine maggots crawling ll over the pie and mash (yuk)

And then the heavenly angels oooeeeooo turns into an ambulance siren cos if you eat it it's going to make you so sick you have to go to hospital.

Just how good is your imagination?

You only have to read K's post to know how great her imagination is ... what a brilliant writer!

You're doing brilliantly, honey, and I'm really proud of you. I know you can do this and I'll be with you every step of the way :)

Do me a favour though will you? Chuck out the jigsaw! I'm just a bit concerned that cardboard may contain carbs and I don't want you knocking yourself out of ketosis :rolleyes:

Love

hmm how about imagining cutting into that lovely looking pie and having little yellow fluffy chicks pop their heads out and look so cute that you really can't bear to eat them any more. And the potatoes could turn into sheep, and the gravy is mud (is this working?)

Or alternatively imagine maggots crawling ll over the pie and mash (yuk)

And then the heavenly angels oooeeeooo turns into an ambulance siren cos if you eat it it's going to make you so sick you have to go to hospital.

Well, I thought it was pretty okay until I read this and realised it's not as good as yours! :eek:

Maggots. Yes, that's pretty unappealing.

You're doing brilliantly, honey, and I'm really proud of you. I know you can do this and I'll be with you every step of the way :)

Do me a favour though will you? Chuck out the jigsaw! I'm just a bit concerned that cardboard may contain carbs and I don't want you knocking yourself out of ketosis :rolleyes:

Aw, thanks. Though I suppose if I were to get to the end and there were a couple of pieces missing, at least I would know they weren't up the vacuum cleaner.:rolleyes:

You only have to read K's post to know how great her imagination is ... what a brilliant writer!

Thats true, I was kind of meaning would you be able to turn the lovely thought's into something not so lovely very easiy? It takes hard work to spoil something like that, you have to really want to.

K my imagination is no better than yours (not even as good I'd say) I just added onto what you wrote and tuned it to something less appealing. If I hadn't I might be craving it no too lol.

I never gave the carbs in the cardboard a thought! Hoe it's not a picture of food on that jigsaw? If it is you can always change the maggots to woodworm

ive only just started cd today but ive been gearing up for a couple of weeks and each time im thinking of not doing it thoughts of my poor back or poor knees or poor feet, in general all the poor bits of my body that are suffering because im 12 stone overweight, come flooding into my mind and then my mind is made up again coz i really dont want to be like this anymore.

are your chicken pies more appealing than any of your aches and pains (if you have any) or are they more appealing than the bits of your body you dont like?

and of course there are always the excellent girls on here to talk with, youll get such amazing encouragement

keep up the excellent work, youve done really really well xx

To Quote Mike I am sure it was who said

Nothing tastes as nice as being slim

And for me that is true,Just thinking about how good I feel,how I can do the housework walk the dog go to the shops and walk the dog again all pain free,where at 20st10lb just trying to do the housework was beyond my at times as I was in so much pain,helps me not to want to eat the wrong things.
When you see the pies just think of the scales and how good you are starting to look ,and the more you lose the better you look.yeaaaaa
Keep posting on here that helps so much.
Keep up the good work.
{{{HUGS}}}
love libbie xxx

Yes, I agree with Libbie and Lizzie.

I know you are supposed to think positive and I do for 99% of the time. But sometimes you just have to replay your darkest hour as a morbidly obese person and think about how you can't go back there. And is that pie really going to be better than the tonnes of pies you have already eaten over your lifetime?

Congratulations on doing so well so far and don't give up whatever happens.

I keep seeing chicken pies with haloes of light around them, floating in heavenly mashed potato clouds, accompanied by choruses of Monty Python angels singing oooo-eee-oooo and pouring heavenly gravy from giant golden gravy boats. (Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration)

Just read this. Love it....absolutely love it.

Not the pies I must add...just the description :D

ive only just started cd today but ive been gearing up for a couple of weeks and each time im thinking of not doing it thoughts of my poor back or poor knees or poor feet, in general all the poor bits of my body that are suffering because im 12 stone overweight, come flooding into my mind and then my mind is made up again coz i really dont want to be like this anymore.

are your chicken pies more appealing than any of your aches and pains (if you have any) or are they more appealing than the bits of your body you dont like?

You are, of course, absolutely right. And some days --Tuesday for example -- it works perfectly and I feel full of optimism, determination and energy.

And other days I would punch out every single one of the All Blacks rugby team to get to a plate of trifle.

That's really not the best use of a very handsome rugby team.:rolleyes:

I know you are supposed to think positive and I do for 99% of the time. But sometimes you just have to replay your darkest hour as a morbidly obese person and think about how you can't go back there.

This is good advice too. But just the one darkest hour? I have a whole highlights reel and you're right. I don't want to go back.

It is easier to diet in the summer, that is for sure.

I am trying to get under 12 stone for Christmas, it can help to have a short term goal.

But yes, I would not even have noticed the rugby team if I saw the trifle first.

Most mornings I wake up hungry, thought I'd be used to it by now but no.

Still, keep telling self it is worth it - and more importantly pies are not worth being fat.

Chin up, you'll get there.

Hi there, I can't really add much more to what the other guys have suggested but just wanted to pop in and say how much your thread has cheered me up on this cold grey morning! I actually laughed out loud at the thought of the Monty Python angels :D lol!

And p.s. if there is any chikin pie eating to be done, it will be done by the origional Mrs Tweedy!!!!! (anyone remember chicken run? hands off my pies)! :D

Hi K,

Your post really made me laugh!! WITH you, not AT you of course! :p

My biggest distraction at the mo is this site. I doubt I am the only one who will need some kind of minimins SS programme to overcome THIS addiction when it takes over my life the way food had! :rolleyes:

I read a GREAT post on here when I first started (sorry but I don't remember who by to credit them!) which said: whenever you are tempted or thinking about eating fatty/sugry food, think about it oozing with the repulsive fat they show being removed from peoples thighs on those TV makeover programmes! :eek: MY GOD i soon stopped thinking about Ben AND Jerry!

Stay strong K!

Jeanie x

p.s. Summer is my CDC too (isn't she great?)

Just read this. Love it....absolutely love it.

Not the pies I must add...just the description :D

It's fab writing KD, isn't it? I had the biggest grin on my face as I read the Python bit. I could actually imagine a sketch with the pies, angels and gravy boats.

Love Monty Python....always have!!! Don't get me and Isobel started on Life of Brian or we'll all need incontinence pads....LMAO.....:eek:

Since I'm calorie counting I do get to eat some nice food, just not very much of it. It's hunger that gets to me not the lack of real food.

So I don't hallucinate (that much) about pies - but I did laugh at Aubergine calling the weight she had to lose her "Paris Hilton".

So you think of some irritating useless celeb who weighs as much as your excess flab and call it your Anthea Turner (in my case).

And getting rid of it benefits the whole world.

lol

Back