Ditching the scales

redfluffmonster

I've asked my OH to hide the scales or throw them away once and for all as I've been stepping on and off them twice a day every day now for ages and it's become a bad habit and a bit of an obsession.:sigh::sigh:
I'm being weighed for wk 3 tomorrow (a day later than normal) and I actually feel liberated that I'm not second guessing the result. Has anyone else thrown out the scales recently and are you coping with not knowing what you weigh???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I haven't thrown out my scales but I've resisted stepping on them for a sneaky peek! I'm only on day 4 so prolly won't have lost much if anything yet anyway, but I'd much rather have a big surprise at WI than lots of little surprises throughout the week :D

It got to the stage this week where I couldn't see the scales moving at all - only what appeared to be up which was really demoralising, so that's when I thought time to get shot of them - they're cr*p anyway!

Probably the best thing you could have done hun! Well done for taking that step :)

Hello

Im not throwing mine away, but packing then away instead (will be ages untill ill find them again)

Ive been doing the same thing aswell, constantly weighing myself to the point on being paranoid and thinking lipotrim just doesnt work on me.

But i weighed myself for the last time, i have lost a little bit, which is good enough for me and now they are in a box.

Get your oh to hide them real good!

Good luck!

i weigh myself every single morning - you could say i'm a serial weigher! but i kinda like it that way for now e.g my scales showed i had lost 0.9kg this morning and i was so chirpy (i think the down side is probly when i go for my weigh in and its less) - hasn't happened yet - normally the extra = the amount of water i had before going to the chemist if 1litre = 1kg..

OH has hidden them well as I have been on the hunt for them already!!

I never weighed myself but then i bought a wii fit on saturday so everytime i step on it i get weighed and it tells me my BMI - although it is encouraging to see it go down... :)

I love the yoga on the wii fit - I am yoga master in a few moves but this one I do get a bit wobbly!

wii-fit.jpg

loving my wii fit and havn't missed a days training in 45days now which is brill.

on the down side though it also tells me my weight, so as from today i am not doing the body test as i want my losses to be recorded at my official WI on saturday

My names Emma and i am addicted to weighing myself....... it got so bad at one point that i was weighing myself when i got up in the middle of the night to go a loo!........i have now thrown them out, because i was dissappionted when i went for my wi and i didn't lose has much as my scales said......... ditch the scales they are evil!!!!!!!!!

sorry to admit it i have 2 scales!!!!!!!!!

one broke and i rushed out the same day to buy a new pair and when my sister came round at the weekend, she said there not broken, its just blah blah blah thats wrong, so she sorted them out, so i have 2 pair.

but i don't use them both and only get weigh a couple of times a week!!!

I definitely wont be ditching my scales. I weigh myself every morning and if my weight has gone down I record it in my diary.... if its gone up slightly or stays the same I just ignore it. :D

I find it very motivating to see my weight coming down so steadily. This is the best diet ever!!!!!! :D

lol... WA

My names Emma and i am addicted to weighing myself....... it got so bad at one point that i was weighing myself when i got up in the middle of the night to go a loo!........i have now thrown them out, because i was dissappionted when i went for my wi and i didn't lose has much as my scales said......... ditch the scales they are evil!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS THIS? WEIGHERS ANONYMOUS? LOL XOX

No scales in my house - I would be on them every half hour!!!!
I like the feeling at weigh in - instead of knowing what she's going to say.

I must admit it was sort of disappointing last week knowing what the loss was going to be. At least if the scales are hidden it will break the cycle of jumping on and off, lowering myself slowly or leaning from side to side to get the lightest result ...!

That had me laughing Julie...why do we do these mad things?

WHAT IS THIS? WEIGHERS ANONYMOUS? LOL XOX
LOL :p That's what it's started to feel like.......oohh better go and weigh myself again its been about 3 mins since the last one :D

Back