DIVA IS WALKING OFF HER BIG BUM AND TUM !!!! Join Me !!!!

Hi daisybelle18 ..... Another victim, sorry, recruit for walking!!! YAY !!! Hehe !!!
Will you be wearing a pedometer or do you have set routes already worked out for mileage, etc !! Do you have a lot of weight to shift.... Or is this for a general getting fit challenge ??
I do love walking, it's quick, convenient and can be done anytime, anywhere !!! I take you have been walking already, as 20 miles is a high target if you are a newbie..... I know I struggled at first to reach it.

Lots of luck and keep us updated !!!

Diva x

Hi Vicki82 !!! Lucky you living on the coast !!! Lovely walking and plenty of fresh, fresh air !!! I'm about 5 mins drive from a River, with plenty of walking trails, etc ..... So no excuse for the Diva either !! Hehe !!

Feel free to post up some photos of your walks here, we love seeing them !!! Besides people must be getting sick of seeing mine !! Lol !!

Diva x

I'm sure their not sick :) I deffo will post some pictures it really is lovely along the coast xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Viva La Diva said:
Hi daisybelle18 ..... Another victim, sorry, recruit for walking!!! YAY !!! Hehe !!!
Will you be wearing a pedometer or do you have set routes already worked out for mileage, etc !! Do you have a lot of weight to shift.... Or is this for a general getting fit challenge ??
I do love walking, it's quick, convenient and can be done anytime, anywhere !!! I take you have been walking already, as 20 miles is a high target if you are a newbie..... I know I struggled at first to reach it.

Lots of luck and keep us updated !!!

Diva x

Oops I have certainly over promised on this one. You must have been seriously impressed with 20 hours a week! I meant per month!!!! Big difference isn't there?

In answer to your questions - I have at least 5 stone to lose and would like to be able to get into some jeans by September for a wedding. Yes I know - not usual wedding attire but that is the bride's wish so who am I to argue? I was planning to use a pedometer but lost mine while trying on some trousers this morning in a shop. Forgot it was on the waistband. Not in the habit of buying new trousers when trying to lose weight but I am travelling to Siberia in two weeks and need some padded trews against the cold.

I too love walking and use the time to catch up on podcasts.

Didn't find any decent trousers and now have the expense of buying new pedometer so not a successful shop! Will do a route I've already measured until I have a new one. Did 2 miles today - half in thick snow and half in the gym.

Viva La Diva said:
Is everybody wearing jeans to a Wedding ?? Is the theme casual or maybe .......cowboy ???

Diva x

Yes, everyone is wearing jeans and white top, including bride and groom. Casual but definitely not cowboy! I live in Austria and the wedding is two friends in their fifties, both second timers. Derelict castle in the mountains, roast pig on a spit and jeans! I haven't worn jeans for over fifteen years and my last pair had an elastic acted waistband. UGH....... The visioning my head is of me on the spit!

You lot are showing off with your pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

good-night-32.gif

Goodnight Mel !! It started snowing here at lunchtime !!! My yearning for snow obviously worked !!! Beginning to look very pretty outside !! Will I be dusting off my snowboots for the first time this year tomorrow ??
Karen27 how is the CD going ?? I will be posting some more pics soon too.... Photography is one of my hobbies !!!

Diva x

A96A9646E.jpg

I walk around 40 miles a week and love it :D
Just put on a dvd and walk on the treadmill (can't run on it), it's fun.

Wow !! 40 miles puts me to shame !! I am hoping to build mine up to around 35 to 40 miles per week by the end of Summer !! Are you enjoying Weight Watchers ?? It's very popular in the UK, where I am from....

Diva x

And now Slimming World is going Global! There are groups meeting in the Dallas area and an on-line membership. It'll be sweeping the States in no time!

Wow !! 40 miles puts me to shame !! I am hoping to build mine up to around 35 to 40 miles per week by the end of Summer !! Are you enjoying Weight Watchers ?? It's very popular in the UK, where I am from....

Diva x

It took me a few weeks to get to that tbh.
So trust me, you'll get there too!
At first I could only walk very slow started at 2,5 kilometers now I usually put it between 4 to 4,5 kl.
Asthma and brochitus makes it really hard for me to run and sometimes walking is pretty hard too, but I try to keep going, just don't try to push too hard.
Do you know your heartrate when you walk?
I try to aim for between 150 and 170 which really burns the cals nicely (averige of 1350 cals in 2 hours!!).
WW is lovely, I really like it.
I can still eat what I like and lose weight, almost 10lbs down now :D

21 miles done !!! Planning a quick walk tomorrow and I should be done for this week !!! I used to monitor my heart rate, not so much now. I have a dodgy ankle, which slows me down. Ideally I would love to up my fitness and become like the gazelles I used to see at the Gym..... Who seem to be effortlessly pounding the Treadmill at amazing speeds !! Don't think I'll get to running either....but walking fits easily in and I'll still be able to do it ( fingers crossed ) when I'm 80 !!

Diva x

You don't have to run, walking is effective too :)
I know someone who posted she ran 5 km in 33 minutes I was like, hmm I'm so slow, it takes me 2 hours to do 8+ ish km :(
But then I accepted that what I do maybe a little slower, but is just as good cause at least I'm doing SOMETHING!
Since then, I stopped looking at everyone else & stopped feeling down and just be proud of myself instead.
Tonight I did 8,3 km (5,1 miles?) in 2 hours and 3 awesome shiny episodes of Firefly :D

MinnieMel said:
Okay... you've convinced me. I have pedometer back on and am shooting for at least 10,000 steps a day. Not Diva level, but it is something.

Does that help loose weight

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back