DIVA IS WALKING OFF HER BIG BUM AND TUM !!!! Join Me !!!!

Hi Cabury Gurl

The way I look at is that any exercise burns more calories than doing nothing. Whether you lose weight is dependent on whether you eat more whilst doing it. I joined a gym this week on a months free trial and had a really thorough fitness check before starting. I was told that someone of my height, weight and fitness level would burn over 1600 calories just lying in bed 24/7! Any movement above that burns even more. It reassured me that my food intake on slimming world will still allow me to lose weight.

daisybell18 said:
Hi Cabury Gurl

The way I look at is that any exercise burns more calories than doing nothing. Whether you lose weight is dependent on whether you eat more whilst doing it. I joined a gym this week on a months free trial and had a really thorough fitness check before starting. I was told that someone of my height, weight and fitness level would burn over 1600 calories just lying in bed 24/7! Any movement above that burns even more. It reassured me that my food intake on slimming world will still allow me to lose weight.

Thanks for the advice daisy , am going to start walking and taking slim world serious

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

21 miles done !!! Planning a quick walk tomorrow and I should be done for this week !!! I used to monitor my heart rate, not so much now. I have a dodgy ankle, which slows me down. Ideally I would love to up my fitness and become like the gazelles I used to see at the Gym..... Who seem to be effortlessly pounding the Treadmill at amazing speeds !! Don't think I'll get to running either....but walking fits easily in and I'll still be able to do it ( fingers crossed ) when I'm 80 !!

Diva x

Applause.gif

Go diva, you super women :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Following my disastrous shopping trip earlier in the week, I now have a new pedometer. Have felt uncomfortable guessing the distances but know I have covered at least four miles in the last few days, if not more. I do not have a car and rely on public transport. Even though the network is fantastic where I live I do have to walk a fair bit to reach stops. Good for the environment and good for the figure. (hopefully) I have also been making the most of a month's free trial at the gym and using the cross trainer so covering some virtual ground there too. So another 4 miles for me but will have to go back to previous posts to see how much I have already done this month, if any. Could really do with a running total - forgive the pun!!

I've been having terrible calfmuscle pains after my last workout :grumble:
Any of you ever get that?
I always stretch, which is supposed to help..

Just did 8,5 km (5,28 miles), I feel invigorated :D

keep+going.jpg

I think this is talking about you!

And another 8km :D

Anyone read "Run, fat bit!ch, run" by Ruth Fields? It has been getting rave reviews and was recently featured in the Times newspaper in the UK.
Have just found her blog and I like her writing style. Whilst I am unlikely to start running, I am going to read on to see what impact her motivation has on walking.

http://gritdoctor.wordpress.com/

Morning Diva,

I am off with DD for half-term, so I will not be on Minis much (I think). So, I'll catch up on your mileage when I return. I hope that you and Mr Diva have a great Valentines Day and that you make your target with no issues!

Hi Mel !!! The Diva is feeling icky !! Bladder infection, so now on medication for it, and it's slowing down my miles !!! No walking this weekend, but I did drop a pound !! 4.5 miles done today.... Not giving up....serves me right for feeling so marvelous last week, LOL !!!
Happy half term !! Cooking a nice meal tomorrow for Mr D, he is swamped with work, he has a lot of 6.am meetings scheduled this week !! So we are up at 5 a.m, should keep me motivated to jump on the Treadmill, eh ??? Coffee first though, or I may die !!! :D

Diva x

Hope you are feeling better VlD. Good on you for keeping the motivation going food wise. It is so easy to give in when you are not feeling too well so stay focused.

Yesterday did 3 miles walking, mainly on the flat but moving, nonetheless. Am using my Nordic Walking sticks for a mega walk tomorrow so should get a few more miles under my belt.

Well done daisybell18.... Fitting regular exercise into your daily routine, is half the battle !! I am planning to get up earlier soon and fit most of it in before the day gets hectic.... No excuses !!! Hehe !!! Just back from a quick walk with Mr D.... Going to munch on a new organic cereal for Breakfast now with a nice cuppa !!!

Diva x

Back