Dizzy spell

cla1red

Just had a dizzy spell to the point where I had to sit myself down on the kitchen floor and only on day 4.This came about 30 mins after my morning shake,when I got up again it didnt seem to pass.
So I decided to eat something,I tried for the quickest thing that I could think of that I hoped would not upset my progress so far.I had 3 slices of ham,and made a cup of bullion.Dont if the ham made a difference, but do feel better now.I wouldnt have though 3 slices of ham wouldnt have given me much energy or whatever to pick me up.Maybe i should have just rode it out a bit longer.
Was ham a good choice to go with regaurds to keotsis, feel a bit disapointed seeing as Im only on day 4..

aw I wouldn't feel too disappointed, these things happen. Im not sure if ham will effect keotsis but theres a thread somewhere with lists of foods on. Are you drinking enough water? its important to drink 2-4 ltrs a day. on the day I didnt drink enough I felt really faint. hope you feel better soon x

cla1red said:
Thanks ladies yes been drinking me water,been a struggle cause I rearly drink it.Have been having around 2.5 litres .
Feel much better now so going to tackle some housework and hope it was just a blip..

You could always try some flavoured water if that would help. As long as it's malic acid :) Im going to stock up tonight I think!

cla1red said:
Thanks ..I dont have a problem drinking water as such just drinking fluids full stop,be lucky if I have a litre a day (naughty I know).

Eek oh right!

Hopefully it was just a blip - as I write I am feeling a bit dizzy myself but have drunk loads this morning and am in the process of eating a bar. With regards to the ham and ketosis, you should be ok as its mostly protein which should not affect you. I think that if you are having these spells more frequently then it might worth a trip to the Gp just to get checked out.

Oh poor you :( the dizziness is the worse, I had episodes where I felt I was spinning even when sat down! It really will go away though, luckily for me, Day 5 and I just have a slight headache, no dizzy times.

It really will go away x

I was months into it when I had my first real dizzy spell. I actually had to sit on the floor in work coz I couldnt stand up. Surprisingly enough a couple of paracetomol helped me although I only took them coz after feeling dizzy for about an hour I started to get a pounding headache as well.

Thanks ..I dont have a problem drinking water as such just drinking fluids full stop,be lucky if I have a litre a day (naughty I know).

That could be your problem, youre not drinking anywhere near enough for a VLCD its really important you have at the very least 2/2.5 a day

Yep yep and yep, the water is all important. I had a dizzy turn at work, followed by a pounding head. I drank 2 pints of water immediately and felt a bit better, followed by a bar and another two pints over the next hour or so. I KNEW it was lack of water as I had only had a shake and a coffee, 150 mls of water and it was nearly 3pm.

I was tempted to check my BP, but I think it would have been so low my colleagues would have raced me to A and E (it's low at the best of times!)

The headache stayed for hours though....

Take it as a warning and guzzle the water like its going out of fashion.

Sometimes I like it hot, its easier going down. Especially first thing in the morning.

That could be your problem, youre not drinking anywhere near enough for a VLCD its really important you have at the very least 2/2.5 a day
Sorry I ment pre VLCD I would only have around 1 litre of fluids a day.Im making sure I have it now Im drinking 2.5-3 litres of water and them ontop of that any other drinks I might have.Weeing for england but it is crystal clear lol.

Back