Dizzy spells?

lynda

Hi everyone hope you are all well,

Im in my 5th week of LL and I had a funny turn yesterday at work, I came over all dizzy and light headed and nearly fell over, I found I was having to walk whilst leaning against a wall, I have never had this happen before and wondered if anyone else had something similar and knew what it was?

Hi Lynda

I have only once but that was because I did not have any of my packs all day and by 7pm was feeling odd.
I would go to the dr in week 5 you should be bouncing off the walls with energy.

Are you drinking enough water? Also if you like the taste try peppermint tea, I find it perks me up when I am feeling alittle flat.

Yes, I often get light-headed - mainly if I suddenly get up. It's just one of the side effects - unpleasant but fleeting - and has never made me actually faint.

I had this a few weeks ago before I started dieting and it was an inner ear infection - so it may not actually be the diet at all. I got out of bed and walked into the doorframe and then had to lean against the wall to walk! Bending down was impossible as I couldn't get back up again. If it was a one-off, then maybe it was a blood sugar thing, but if you're feeling like that more often, it's probably worth getting your ears checked. Hope you're feeling better now.

Kate

Thanks, I have been having all my packs and water thats why I could not understand why I was feeling that way. I seen my practise nurse today at the doctors and she advised me to eat something as my blood pressure had become really low, but I dont want to eat again even if it is only for a day or two so im not quite sure what to do really, but thanks for your advice x

If you feel you need to add some extra calories as suggested by the nurse, would having an extra packet help - rather then eating something to effect ketosis? Just a thought - I don't know?

As Peridot said, I do get waves of lightheadedness and dizziness. Usually if I suddendly do a lot of bending over or standing up quickly....but it passes. Just be careful it doesn't get worse.

Do look after yourself and keep us posted. :)

Back