Dizzy's Diary - Fitness First! Weightloss too now.

I was good yesterday, but the scales arent showing it yet! Still 2lb over last weigh in:eek: . Shouldnt have any probs today. Rocky Horror was totally fabulous!!! I got a strange kick out of seeing men in basques and suspenders!

I dont want you overdoing it at the gym Diz, you'll make yourself ill! Your body hasn't exercised properly for years, you should be building it gently!

AND STOP PICKING!

Glad you had a great time at the show and were good yesterday.:D

I won't be at the gym much now until next week as we are going away tomorrow back on Monday.

Will really try to stop picking. Organisation is the key. Yesterday time seemed to slip by too quickly and then I seem to panic.

Not going to try to fit too much in today. Just home based packing and getting everything ready so the boys can go straight back to school on their return. Do need to try to cut the boys hair this afternoon. I hate the mess that makes!:mad:

Have a chap coming around to change a tyre on my car. The tyres are 2 months old and it is dmaged already. It must be a faulty one but we have to by a new one. They will send it backk to goodyear and if they say it faulty they'll refund us. I'll be furious :mad: if they don't. I had only driven a mile to the gym and to Tesco and very slowly!:(

Will write up my breakfast now.

You be good today too!

Dizzy x

Gi Diet: Day 23

Breakfast:

60g All Bran Branflakes
Skimmed Milk
2 slices of wholemeal toast
lowfat spread
Peanut butter

Grapes

They certainly give you big breakfasts on this tesco GI diet don't they :cool: Do you find that helps you throughout the day?

I love the breakfasts and have always been very much a breakfast person. The breakfasts are the same calories as lunches and dinners.

I think it does help! On days when I'm super organised and do it properly I am not in the least hungry all day.

But remember I am currently on 1800 calories a day and breakfast is 540 calories.

Saying that though I have skimmed not semi skimmed milk and the all bran branflakes are a lot less calories, fat and sugar content than the Tesco ones in the plan. They also allowed 75g of branflakes but 60g is plenty. However on my plan for today I should have had honey on the toast but I wanted peanut butter. I think all in all it's about right.

Dizzy x

But remember I am currently on 1800 calories a day and breakfast is 540 calories.

That's about what I thought. Okay...I estimated at about 510. Close though :D

I remember reading they were equal calories for each meal. Unusual way to do it, but sounds great to me.

They also allowed 75g of branflakes but 60g is plenty.

75g is an amazing amount in the cereal world. I know most boxes consider 30g to be a serving. Ridiculous in many cases.

However on my plan for today I should have had honey on the toast but I wanted peanut butter. I think all in all it's about right.

Sounds lovely:)

Last week I was on 1700 calories which was 510 per peal and 170 for the snack meal.

This week they seem to have upped it to 1800 per day 540 per meal.:confused: I think they must have done this because my weight went up. I know it sounds odd but I know you will understand this.

I thought it would be 60g of cereal it was the other day so that's what I had and it was plenty but when i checked it was 75g.:eek:

Artie and me are just baking banana muffins as we had three overripe bananas. Will have to find a way to incorporate one into my lunch.:)

Dizzy x

This week they seem to have upped it to 1800 per day 540 per meal.:confused: I think they must have done this because my weight went up. I know it sounds odd but I know you will understand this.

Yes, that's right. You will burn up more calories if your weight goes up, so need more to maintain. WLR works like that. Adjusts your calories according to what weight you are.

Artie and me are just baking banana muffins as we had three overripe bananas. Will have to find a way to incorporate one into my lunch.:)
Oh yes! Yum.

I was just thinking. I really have a WOE (Way of eating) partner with you. I know I'm not doing a set plan, or GI, but you are probably the closest maintainer in your woe to me. ie, no CD packs, decent amount of calories.

It's really nice. Haven't had anyone I can 'relate' to if you know what I mean.

[QUOTE/Karion Dieting]Oh yes! Yum.

I was just thinking. I really have a WOE (Way of eating) partner with you. I know I'm not doing a set plan, or GI, but you are probably the closest maintainer in your woe to me. ie, no CD packs, decent amount of calories.

It's really nice. Haven't had anyone I can 'relate' to if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]

Oh that is so nice that you think so! Gives me lots of hope that I will be able to successfully maintain in the end like you are doing. By eating 'normally'. I know that my eating patterns were more of a problem for me even than my weight gain. I felt physically and emotionally terrible because of what and how I was eating more than by the size I was. So it is really important for me to feel I can eat healthily and 'normally' as possible.

I really love healthier food options and really feel good when I stick to them. The odd treat is lovely but only when planned and in control.

It's lovely to have your support along the way especially as I am still really feeling my feet and having to still battle a few demons and consequently the scales going in the wrong direction.

The banana muffins was delicious as they always are. It's a great recipe I have if you want it. Just chuck in the ingredients no need to accurately measure and they always turn out fab. It's the only cake recipe I know where you can do that.

I try to write up a few more recipes today. Chicken and Bean Salad with Avocado. This can be kept in the fridge and then used for packed lunch. Also the Coriander Steak with Sweet potato wedges.

Dizzy x

Oh that is so nice that you think so! Gives me lots of hope that I will be able to successfully maintain in the end like you are doing. By eating 'normally'.

Exactly. I really do believe that most people need a plan of some sort when they get to maintenance...and I mean real maintenance, not just the refeeding part, where you incorporate the types of food that you plan to eat forever.

I used WLR, you are using calorie counted GI, which sounds fab.

I know that my eating patterns were more of a problem for me even than my weight gain.
Me too. Too many years of on/off diet. Binging and starving. This time had to be different.

I really love healthier food options and really feel good when I stick to them. The odd treat is lovely but only when planned and in control.
Ever since I had the boys, we had a healthy diet. I have always cooked from scratch, so this isn't new for me. But, I always supplemented my own diet with a load of crap.
It's lovely to have your support along the way especially as I am still really feeling my feet and having to still battle a few demons and consequently the scales going in the wrong direction.
It's a learning curve. Sometimes I feel like I'm still feeling my feet and have so much to learn, but I'm amazed at how much I am 'in touch' if you know what I mean. Actually putting what I learn into practice. Didn't do that before. If I fell, it was just "oh bugger...no hope for me...I give up", now I do panic sometimes, but I just get back on track again. Just keep on plodding

The banana muffins was delicious as they always are. It's a great recipe I have if you want it. Just chuck in the ingredients no need to accurately measure and they always turn out fab.
Oh yes please. I'm a real chuck in everything sort of girl and just adjust according to instinct.

I've had 12 red roses delivered today!:eek:

Plus I already had my lovely red ipod with a valentines message engraved on it!

CD has definitely changed Mizzy for the better!;)

I did buy him a bar of green and blacks maya gold.:rolleyes:

Dizzy x

Recipe Post

Banana Muffins/Cakes

Not a diet recipe but I did make once with splenda or similar and it still turned out OK.

2 1/4 cups flour (I use Self Raising)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

Mixed and sift these 3 ingredients together

Take another bowl and add:

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs

Mix these ingredients together until fluffy

Take a small bowl and add:

1 cups (or more) marked banana
1 teaspoon vanilla essence/extract
1/4 cup (or more) yoghurt

Mash and mix these together

Finally mix all three parts together.

Bake at 180c

We use really black bananas the ones you would otherwise chuck out.

I think the recipe is of American origin and so is in cups. I have some cup measures but as I said before you can be really rough with the quantities of ingredients they always work out perfectly.:)

My friend who game me the recipe used to put icing and a cherry on the top but they are great plain too or just dusted with icing sugar.

She used to make them for her son who wouldn't eat fruit and vegetables. He didn't know they had banana in.;)

Dizzy x

I've had 12 red roses delivered today!:eek:

Plus I already had my lovely red ipod with a valentines message engraved on it!

CD has definitely changed Mizzy for the better!;)

I did buy him a bar of green and blacks maya gold.:rolleyes:

Dizzy x

Awwwww, sweet!

Waste of money especially as we are going away tomorrow, but nice he's making an effort these days.

There was a 'skinny' reference on the card so it's definitely our new bodies that's getting him going!:rolleyes:

Dizzy x

Banana recipe sounds delish!!

You going away anywhere nice?

We're going to West Mids to inlaws. We are deciding whether to take the boys to bournville to Cadburys world, what do you think? We have some clubcard days out vouchers to use we could alternatively go to the black country museum or think tank in Brum town centre.

Dizzy x

Cadbury world is ace - not just the chocolate :D but the history is fascinating.

I havent been to either of the other 2 however, my friend at work took her 8 year old to Birmingham the other weekend and she said that the museums there are fantastic (and Im sure she said they are free!)

Have a lovely time whatever you do :)

It's really nice. Haven't had anyone I can 'relate' to if you know what I mean.

Hiya guys, I'm doing pretty much the same at the moment, it just went a bit awol over Christmas & my birthday, but have reined it back again. I eat about 1700 cals and am currently using Dietdailytracker to monitor my cals, although will switch to Fitbug's as soon as they get their new site up and running. I pretty much follow a GI regime, using Rick Gallop's book for inspiration and recipes, I just find the food filling and satisfying.

Have a lovely time up in the Midlands Dizzy and don't forget to give me a wave :)

We're going to West Mids to inlaws. We are deciding whether to take the boys to bournville to Cadburys world, what do you think? We have some clubcard days out vouchers to use we could alternatively go to the black country museum or think tank in Brum town centre.

Dizzy x

Oooh. I've been to all those places :) If I was to chose again, reckon I'd do the Black country museum in the morning, and the think tank in the afternoon.

I liked Cadburys world, but we had more fun at the other two places. We were lucky with the Black country museum as we met a fantastic character there who talked about the houses in such a way that we all felt we were back in yonder days.

Young son had a great time with the old toys too. As I say, we were lucky to meet him.

We went to Cadburys World when we met up with an internet friend of mine who lives in mr Cadburys old house :cool:

4 days until we break up :)

Back