Dizzy's Diary - Fitness First! Weightloss too now.

Hi

Your breakfast sounds yummy - I have ordered some porridge mix from the Food Doctor site - so plan to do similar to you but with yogurt!!

Why dont you try having a glass of water every half hour or every hour - just set an alarm and then do it. I try to do that every hour although it works best when am at work - also I find it much easier to drink warmed up slightly in the microwave - I hate cold water especially in the winter.

I have also decided to wean myself off of CD (and anyway - have only got around 20 packs left)

So far today have had 2 bananas:) , 3 biscuits with my tea at work:rolleyes: and 2 small chocolates :( . Am having soup for lunch and am trying to stick to around 1200 cals per day.

Hope today goes well for you

Tasha

Hi Tasha

I really love your Meez you. What a cute dance and that waist to die for! We are a right pair aren't we? Will be watching out for your diary and how the rest of your day went. Evening are the most tricky. If I start popping bit in my mouth when I'm cooking I'm in trouble. Tonight I was popping in Chocolate and yoghurt raisins that the boys have for snacks for school. I've not been too bad today but some improvement needed. I am loving the porridge. I have always loved it and breakfast is my favourite meal. Maybe that was because my constant snacking has always ruined the other meals of the day for me? It is a treat to have breakfast again though and is a pleasure not to continue eating from that moment on throughout the day and be completely satisfied with one measured amount of porridge.

Must go MacKenzie needs help with a Kandoo!

Dizzy x

Yeah - just wish my waist was like that!!!!!!!!

I wonder why it is that some people (like me) have to be constantly vigilant about what they put in their mouth - otherwise it would be a complete binge all the time and why other people seem to be able to eat in tune with their body and stop when they are full???

Guess if I had the answer for that I would be one very rich woman!!!!

Well done on the water - I think it is easy once you have started - but also easy to stop the habit (if that makes sense)

Oh god - am rambling now - must go put the kids to bed!!

Sleep well

Tasha

Hi Tasha

Well not brill!

I woke up with a stinker of a headache. Not sure if it's because TOTM is due today or because I ate rather a lot of pickled onions last night! LOL Me and pickles!!! They are gone now thank goodness. Yes I have a long way to go I long to be 'normal' but I haven't given up hope at all and will keep trying to get there. I don't want to be living on food packs forever.

This morning with my headache I really wanted comfort food not my usual comfort food I wanted a cambridge shake. I felt it would make me feel better. I decided though that I would stick to my no rules plan again today as I didn't feel I would make a strong enough commitment to going back on Cambridge. Probably wasn't the best idea though not been my best today for making sensible choices. I'm feeling a lot better now though even though my skinny jeans are feeling a bit less comfortable I am going to change them at 11 stone they were even a little loose!!!

Changed my meez today. It does look quite like me, a 'slightly' prettier version and I have been amazed to find items actually in my wardrobe. The house is what I am striving for spacious and TIDY! It's cute and fun it's almost like playing with Sindy 'ah fond memories'.

I hope you are still on course I will be cross with you if you let my day affect you. You know how this can happen sometimes.

I will be back on track full steam ahead very soon, there is no way my ticker is going back up anymore.

Speak to you later.

Dizzy x

hi dizzy

I meant to post yesterday then I crashed, lost the page and bla bla! I've enjoyed reading your diary and can understand how complicated it is getting back on the straight and narrow after a lengthy Christmas overeating period.

I'm just the same! I lost my weight through a self devised healthy eating period three years ago, yet still lose the plot each and every Christmas (and summer) holiday! Like you, my water consumption hits the floor and I could have started a European clementine mountain, so many did I buy with good intentions yet not eat! (who needs fruit when there's chocolate around?!)

So hang in there. After a week of eating "properly" again, I already feel far more human, even if I still have a few pounds to go to pre-Christmas weight.

hi dizzy

I meant to post yesterday then I crashed, lost the page and bla bla! I've enjoyed reading your diary and can understand how complicated it is getting back on the straight and narrow after a lengthy Christmas overeating period.

I'm just the same! I lost my weight through a self devised healthy eating period three years ago, yet still lose the plot each and every Christmas (and summer) holiday! Like you, my water consumption hits the floor and I could have started a European clementine mountain, so many did I buy with good intentions yet not eat! (who needs fruit when there's chocolate around?!)

So hang in there. After a week of eating "properly" again, I already feel far more human, even if I still have a few pounds to go to pre-Christmas weight.

Thanks for dropping by Maintainer and reading and posting. It is a bit of a confusing time but I have faith in myself for getting through. Glad you had a good week and feel good. Have to dash off but just wanted to say THANKS!

Dizzy x

Hi Tasha

Well not brill!

I woke up with a stinker of a headache. Not sure if it's because TOTM is due today or because I ate rather a lot of pickled onions last night! LOL Me and pickles!!! They are gone now thank goodness. Yes I have a long way to go I long to be 'normal' but I haven't given up hope at all and will keep trying to get there. I don't want to be living on food packs forever.

This morning with my headache I really wanted comfort food not my usual comfort food I wanted a cambridge shake. I felt it would make me feel better. I decided though that I would stick to my no rules plan again today as I didn't feel I would make a strong enough commitment to going back on Cambridge. Probably wasn't the best idea though not been my best today for making sensible choices. I'm feeling a lot better now though even though my skinny jeans are feeling a bit less comfortable I am going to change them at 11 stone they were even a little loose!!!

Changed my meez today. It does look quite like me, a 'slightly' prettier version and I have been amazed to find items actually in my wardrobe. The house is what I am striving for spacious and TIDY! It's cute and fun it's almost like playing with Sindy 'ah fond memories'.

I hope you are still on course I will be cross with you if you let my day affect you. You know how this can happen sometimes.

I will be back on track full steam ahead very soon, there is no way my ticker is going back up anymore.

Speak to you later.

Dizzy x

Hi

Sorry you woke up feeling crap - I am sure that pickled onions would do that to me!!! Reference 'no rules' - surely that means that if you want a shake then you can? After all - they have all the right vitamins etc.

Dont beat yourself up - you have done so well and are still doing well. Being so close to what you want to be surely you need to experiment with what works for you.

Hope you are feeling better this evening.

Tasha

Thanks Tasha

Not so bad really but i think I need to follow a plan again. Been good for observation purposes not too but now it's time to get back on track. Your calorie counting plan seems OK for you. Has the rest of the day been OK? I'll check yu diary later.

I still drank a few litres of water today so pleased about that anyway.

Dizzy x

Hi Tasha

Thanks for asking.

I'm not feeling great today actually. Physically a little tired but it is the emotionally I'm not feeling good. I think this is the worst I have felt since starting CD. I am so confused or maybe not maybe it is also now that I have lost the weight I have no excuse for not getting on with life. But my deep rooted fear of failure means that I am scared and holding back.

I can't open up too much yet. Little by little, step by step I guess I will.

I too am one of those perfectionist types but have never been able to live up to my own impossible standards and have therefore given up or in more recent years not even tried in the first place. I know this is a significant factor in my eating problems. I am disappointed in my self and my eating often feels like a punishment.

I know I need to change my focus from losing the weight. It was nice to have a few months of feeling successful at something and now that has ended. I think today I am realising that and accepting it. I need to focus on other things in my life I want to change. I've been hiding away for too long. I also need to have the confidence to focus on more than one thing at a time.

Eating wise I've been OK today.

I hope you are still doing well with your calorie counting.

Dizzy x

Aw Dizzy, I'm sorry your not feeling too good hun....those stupid bluddy emotions eh?! Wish I could help with your confusion, but I am generally the most confuzzled person on the planet!

Hope you feel better soon

Hi Dizzy

Im sorry you're feeling low today.

You have achieved so much with the diet - I dont know you but I know you have 3 boys and from the posts I have seen on here I can see that you are a great Mum and also a very friendly and caring person.

It's very hard when you get into a slump - maybe you could try writing down what it is you want to do / achieve/ change and then start thinking about steps that would make these things happen.

Also - I know from my own emotions that it can be a bit of a see-saw and that sometimes all you need to do is go with the flow and come out the other side.

Hope you feel better soon

Tasha

xxx:)

Hi Tasha

Thanks for asking.

I'm not feeling great today actually. Physically a little tired but it is the emotionally I'm not feeling good. I think this is the worst I have felt since starting CD. I am so confused or maybe not maybe it is also now that I have lost the weight I have no excuse for not getting on with life. But my deep rooted fear of failure means that I am scared and holding back.

I can't open up too much yet. Little by little, step by step I guess I will.

I too am one of those perfectionist types but have never been able to live up to my own impossible standards and have therefore given up or in more recent years not even tried in the first place. I know this is a significant factor in my eating problems. I am disappointed in my self and my eating often feels like a punishment.

I know I need to change my focus from losing the weight. It was nice to have a few months of feeling successful at something and now that has ended. I think today I am realising that and accepting it. I need to focus on other things in my life I want to change. I've been hiding away for too long. I also need to have the confidence to focus on more than one thing at a time.

Eating wise I've been OK today.

I hope you are still doing well with your calorie counting.

Dizzy x

Di, you silly girl! You are far more successful than you realise!

Firstly concerning dieting, you have far more control than me, and you dont let your weight get as out of hand as me!

Secondly, you have a wonderful family unit, and a very successful marriage, something i am sooo jealous of. You have 3 fabulous boys that are a credit to you, and now they are at school ,you have an opportunity ahead of you to choose what you would really like to do with your life concerning work, and it's not out of necessity like me!!:mad:

You're doing brill girl, in all ways, not just dieting!

Love ya, xx

Thanks Bex

I'm know I'm having a silly day or two. The crossroads with the diet is tough. I know I am a really lucky girl and have it so easy in many respects this however, does make me feel worse often because I feel guilty about feeling bad! get it?!

I needed a good talking too, Thanks! I have planned a busy day tomorrow which should help.

TOTM is due too so that is also a factor.

love to you back!

Diana xx

Boy I'm glad this is the start of another week. Last weeks little experiment was pretty. But taught me a lesson. I am not to be trusted to make these decisions moment to moment. I am going to have to have plans and strategies. I knew this but didn't realise quite how bad I'd be. Carry on like that I would soon put all the weight back on and be as miserable as sin in the process.

But now I have seen for myself I have more idea what I have to do. Get back on track now and get used to a plan that I can use forever.

Phoned the gym his morning going for a look around in 30 minutes then will book an introductory session while I'm there. During the day today I am just going to have CD shakes then this evening I will make a plan for the week and plan out meals for myself and the rest of the gang. Mizzy is doing OK, his weight has stabalized and he looks so much better than when he was sole sourcing as he looked quite gaunt in the face and his hair was dry and unkept. He is looking years younger than just a few weeks ago and it's also nice to see him back in 34in jeans with no overhang.

Good on ya Mizzy!

Nintendo wii arrived this morning so a little more exercise there for all the family. This house will be so excited later when the guys all get home, it will be like Xmas all over again.

Must go, got that appointment at the gym.

Dizzy x

Hi Dizzy

I said I would get here - a little late but better than never. I can relate to so much of what you have put.

I too sat down last night and did a food plan and tesco.com shop for the rest of this week. If I don't have a plan, I over eat - simple!

I also today worked out an exercise time table too. An hours swim on a Monday morning, either a dance class on Tuesday or Wednesday (I have friends that do both nights so am going to decide which I prefer, I did the Wednesday night one last week and really enjoyed) and then on Friday I am going to do an hour in the gymn followed by a swim. Saturdays we take the kids swimming.

I went swimming this morning and feel amazing now, so much more energy and vitality and have had a great morning at work as well as I actually feel motivated to work rather than just doing nothing or surfing!

I think you are bang to rights - you need to plan. Your meals need to be laid down in writing and you need to have the food in, that should all help you in the long run even if it takes up a bit of time straight away.

Good luck, I think you are probably just feeling a bit "anti climax" - I keep saying that the focus for 21 years has been to get thin - now I am almost there is scares the living daylights out of me because I just never thought about "what next".

Right I must get back to work, I shouldn't even be on here!

Hi Dizzy

I said I would get here - a little late but better than never. I can relate to so much of what you have put.

I too sat down last night and did a food plan and tesco.com shop for the rest of this week. If I don't have a plan, I over eat - simple!

I also today worked out an exercise time table too. An hours swim on a Monday morning, either a dance class on Tuesday or Wednesday (I have friends that do both nights so am going to decide which I prefer, I did the Wednesday night one last week and really enjoyed) and then on Friday I am going to do an hour in the gymn followed by a swim. Saturdays we take the kids swimming.

I went swimming this morning and feel amazing now, so much more energy and vitality and have had a great morning at work as well as I actually feel motivated to work rather than just doing nothing or surfing!

I think you are bang to rights - you need to plan. Your meals need to be laid down in writing and you need to have the food in, that should all help you in the long run even if it takes up a bit of time straight away.

Good luck, I think you are probably just feeling a bit "anti climax" - I keep saying that the focus for 21 years has been to get thin - now I am almost there is scares the living daylights out of me because I just never thought about "what next".

Right I must get back to work, I shouldn't even be on here!

Thanks for dropping by and your wise and calming words. I know you are a busy girl. Planning, planning planning. Still not there but a little better. Certainly feeling happier and more confident. My diet does have a significant affect on my mood. More and more I'm thinking it is not just psychological but may have some biological significance.

Started the gym at last today and amazingly I loved it!!!! I'm so happy I did. I used to love going to the gym I belonged to one most of the time between age 17 and 27. Packed it in when I got pregnant with my first son. I used to use the gym but mostly enjoyed the classes. I loved aerobics the high impact classes particularly. In the last ten years the machines in the gym have changed some for the better I think I will enjoy the gym side more than before. Will swim tomorrow (if I can still move) and try a class on Thursday (hope I can keep up!)

It's a relief to have enjoyed the gym so much today, I feel like a little bit of me that I thought was long gone may still be there after all. In some ways the last ten years have been very full and I've had great experiences. In other ways I feel like my life has been on hold for 10 years and that realisation is shocking and scary.

Will try harder with the schedules.

Thanks again for dropping by.

Dizzy x

Hi Kazz, Yes I need to get into the habit of updating this diary. I have been chatting so much on the threadstoppers thread I keep forgetting.

I have really turned my focus on exercise now and it is really really making me feel so much better. I am only sad that I gave it up completely for so many years. Maybe I was scared of being disappointed at my performance, struggling and not keeping up. I shouldn't have though. It has been great and I have been performing so much better than I expected to.

Yesterday I spend another hour + in the gym and burnt, according to the machines around 500 calories. Then I had a quick swim and swam 15 lengths.

Today I just popped in for a class, aerobics, step and conditioning. Really pleased not to stand out too much as the new girl and felt those muscles really working.

Diet has been 'OK' taking the focus off has helped + feeling more positive and those happy endorphins from exercising I think are playing there part.

Must go get the dinner on now. Thanks for dropping by.

Dizzy x

Back