Dizzy's Diary - Fitness First! Weightloss too now.

That menu sounds great and sounds like you had a fab day! Well done on the 2lbs - although thats not surprising with all that exercise - I think you will soon see major results and not just weight loss so well done you.

An evening snake would have given you some lean protein though!!!

Tasha

That menu sounds great and sounds like you had a fab day! Well done on the 2lbs - although thats not surprising with all that exercise - I think you will soon see major results and not just weight loss so well done you.

An evening snake would have given you some lean protein though!!!

Tasha

Morning Tasha

I passed on the evening snake in the end! LOL

How are you doing? Will you be adding to your diary soon?

Dizzy x

Weight this morning 11 st 9lbs

Breakfast

30g HL Branflakes with 125ml Semi skimmed milk
1 tub HL Rhubarb Yoghurt
1/2 grapefruit
Bowl of 6oz grapes and cherries.

Loving these 4 course breakfasts!

Dizzy x

Thats a yummy breakfast - I love grapes and cherries especially!!!

Will update my diary soon - just dont feel I've got much to say thats particularly interesting at the moment!!

Lunch:

Wholemeal pitta
2oz reduced hummus
1 olive
1 tomato
Green and red salad leaves

This was a gorgeous lunch.

Followed an hour later by an orange.

Yoghurt is also on the list for lunch. I don't want it now though.

Dizzy x

ONE olive???? May as well not bother! Has to be at lease 8 to satisfy me!

ONE olive???? May as well not bother! Has to be at lease 8 to satisfy me!

I thought that too. But I picked out a big one and chopped it up mixed it up with the salad and it looked loads. Was really nice!

Seriously though. Part of what I am learning is portion control and measuring out the breakfast cereal the amount seems like a joke. But with all the other stuff too, breakfast is very fulfilling. In fact I can't complain about the quantity of food on this diet. I feel like I'm eating all day.

I think I've been avoiding moving on from CD for quite a while. I suspect it's because I was avoiding moving other things on in my life a bit too.

You not been out looting on Branscombe beach?

Diana x

Last edited:
Seriously though. Part of what I am learning is portion control and measuring out the breakfast cereal the amount seems like a joke. But with all the other stuff too, breakfast is very fulfilling. In fact I can't complain about the quantity of food on this diet. I feel like I'm eating all day.

Diana x

Well as 'fulfilling' as breakfast was I mean't to put 'filling'. Those naughty, naughty fingers... again!.

Dizzy x

:D No, too far away! Would have done my ebay account some good tho eh?

I dread to think of the environmental damage. I bet the locals are really worried!

The local news must be full of it all.

If you'd had one of those bmw bikes to ebay would have done your bank account a lot of good. It doesn't seem right though does it? People just helping themselves and disregarding the locality in the process.

Dizzy x

Rest of the day was fine too.

Again I added a cup a soup while cooking the boys dinner.

For my dinner

Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry.

Again it was lovely and so much.

It filled an enormous bowl and I half wondered if it was a recipe for 2 persons. I'm sure it can't have been though.

Desert was a little more meagre

1 dried apricot

I was however full with the stirfry even though ds2 helped me out with it and loved it.

I chopped the apricot up into raisin sized pieces and ate with a grapefruit and pineapple green tea.

Don't think I'll be bothering with the snack again this evening as I just don't want it. Just not an evening snacker!

It should have been a cheese sandwich.

Drank 4 1/2 litres of water today. In addition to Black coffees and green teas.

Need to prepare breakfast tonight and leave in fridge overnight. it's apple museli. I'm looking forward to that already.

Didn't go to the gym today. As I needed a day at home. Very cold day today, reminded me of being in ketosis.

So day 2 has gone very well again. Fingers crossed for day 3, very busy day planned tomorrow so will see how that effects the day.

Dizzy x

1 apricot!!!!!:eek: Good grief!

Seriously though - your menu sounds lovely!!

Hope you have a good day today and am looking forward to reading todays menu!

Tasha

I dread to think of the environmental damage. I bet the locals are really worried!

The local news must be full of it all.

If you'd had one of those bmw bikes to ebay would have done your bank account a lot of good. It doesn't seem right though does it? People just helping themselves and disregarding the locality in the process.

Dizzy x

Yes this is all we hearing about, they were showing volunteers picking up dead seabirds today and bagging them.....not nice, but it was amazing seeing people nicking these bikes.....and a container full of nappies lol.

There was even a car overturned in the sea......they have started the clear up now on the beach....but the boat could be there for ages.

Yes this is all we hearing about, they were showing volunteers picking up dead seabirds today and bagging them.....not nice, but it was amazing seeing people nicking these bikes.....and a container full of nappies lol.

There was even a car overturned in the sea......they have started the clear up now on the beach....but the boat could be there for ages.

Hi Sonya

Yes, I am a little bit concerned for the beaches of little ole Devon. It is so gorgeous but not with all that c**p floating in the sea. Hope the clean up is successful.

Dizzy x

1 apricot!!!!!:eek: Good grief!

Seriously though - your menu sounds lovely!!

Hope you have a good day today and am looking forward to reading todays menu!

Tasha

Thanks Tasha

Still going well. Feel free to email me for any recipes.

I'm going to give you the one for the Apple Museli, whether you want it or not! ;)

Apple Muesli

2 oz of porridge oats, dry weight.
1 apple
1 serving of semi-skimmed milk (150ml)
4 dried apricots (chopped)

Mix the porridge oats, grated apple, dried apricots and milk together in a bowl. If possible leave in the fridge overnight although not necessary if you don't have the time.

It was yummy and kept me quite full until lunch!:)

Dizzy x

This mornings weight 11 st 9lb

Breakfast

Apple Muesli (see above post)

Plan also included a glass of orange juice which I didn't have.

Lunch (1pm)

I had the same lunch as Monday.

1/2 Carton of Covent Garden Carrot and Coriander soup
2 slices of bread (Burgen Soya and Linseed). One toasted with low fat spread.

1 Tesco Healthy Living Date and Walnut Slice

Haven't had water yet today and really feeling in need of some ASAP.

Dizzy x

When writing the last post I started to feel bad. I thought it was because I hadn't had any water up to that point (around 1.30pm) and because my usual morning routine was upset by going on the reception class walk with DS3. So started drinking AMWAP. Later I realised that with all the excitement of 'Apple Museli' I hadn't had a drink at all this morning until about 11.30 when I had black coffee.

Hence I have had a full blown migraine this afternoon with shivering, nausea as well as the painful headache. Have managed to drink around 4 litres of water now and take various pills but decided to have my snack at 4pm hopefully to help me feel well enough to fetch DS2 from his friends house this evening
which will be about an hour round trip in the car.

Snack

3 Oatcakes (oat based crackers 54 cal each)
hummus
handful of cashews (non salted)

Evening snack planned was 2 crackers (no more than 30cal each)
1oz hummus

I'm certainly feeling a lot better now. Have that post migraine washed out feeling but most of the pain has subsided so fingers crossed will be OK to drive.

What I have eaten is all good low GI but a larger quantity than in my evening snack allowance so I will probably adjust my evening meal to allow for this. Will see how I am feeling then and what time I get to eat.

Still enjoying the foods and have deviated but sensibly, for good reasons, not impulsively. So still very happy indeed!

Dizzy x

OK, final post for the day!

This is what I decided to do this evening. As I had to go out and wasn't back until the boys bed time. I neither felt like cooking or even eating a full dinner and so have had a further 'snack type meal'.

slim-a-soup (only 39 cal but prob too much salt, hoping my water intake will counteract this.)

4oz low fat cottage cheese
1 dried apricot
shape yoghurt
apple

Quite happy with these choices and quantities and feeling much better now.

Today I have drank 41/2 litres of water in addition to black coffee and green tea.

Didn't get to the gym today only exercise was walk around Dunmow with MacKenzie and all the reception children ahh!

Dizzy x

Last edited:
Hope your heads better by now Diz, well done on the menu so far! Sounds like its working for you!

Has MacKenzie settled in ok at school? xx

Back