Dizzy's Diary - Fitness First! Weightloss too now.

Lucky you, i am jealous. Wish i could get out to go to the gym. Need a jealous smilie here!

Lucky you, i am jealous. Wish i could get out to go to the gym. Need a jealous smilie here!

Any gyms close by to you? If so you should be able to manage to get to one before very long. I certainly feel better for making the effort but ofcourse it's early days.

Dizzy x

Not been paying too much attention to the diet this week since going to the gym each day. Joined tesco ediets last night as thought that would be a help with maintaining and learning new healthier habits.

My membership starts on Monday so we'll see how that goes. Went to the gym again this morning did just over an hour and burned 550+ calories. As the day has gone on my abs have been getting a bit sore. Haven't been exercising them in the gym but did yesterday in the aerobics class. I could really feel all the individual muscles being worked in that class which was good as I could tell they are all still there and in the right places, just waiting to be woken up from their very long sleep.

I am feeling a bit guilty though about spending my days in the gym, neglecting the house work while the kids at school and hubbie at work. I will have to find a PT job very soon to help pay for all of this as it really isn't fair and the bank balance is looking less and less healthy too.

Will pay more attention to the diet again on Monday at the latest and start reporting on my weight. However, I don't thnk I have gained any this week and my diet although not strictly organised or perfect has not been too bad especially given all the extra calories I have been using.

Dizzy x

A saturday at home today. Kids have had birthday parties to be ferried to and from. DS1 is out at sleepover tonight and DS2 has a friend over for a sleepover. We finally put up the bathroom cabinet and 2 shelves today and bathroom is finally coming together. Lovely to put all my toiletries away and to hand at last. We have a 3rd shelf to fetch from Habitat Bluewater tomorrow then we can put that one up. Wonder how long it will take to get around to that?

Anyone tried buying anything from habitat lately? We always struggle for them to sell us anything these days. They always have a reason they can't sell you one it's crazy. I love Habitat so we still try to buy when we can. To get the cabinet it took quite a lot of effort, then we decided to get the matching shelves and have ended up buying from 2 stores and not our most local one. Bluewater will be quite a trek for us but I've always fancied taking a peak at it so don't mind too much. It just seems mad to have to go so far for something that isn't even discontinued. Ramble over!

Quite looking forward to trip out tomorrow actually but will need to get organised and drop off child and pick up DS1 and get there for Sunday opening. Oh boy, with 3 boys who don't want to go it's going to be tough!

Going to have a bash at the GI diet on Monday as planned for me by ediets. The menu does look great. Will see how good I am at sticking to the plan? mmm!

No exercise today and my abs are tender but not so bad. Monday morning aerobics class was fully booked so will just use the gym on Monday. Monday is the last day of my free week so will then need to join and make a monthly or yearly commitment.

Will weigh myself on Monday morning to start the new plan hopefully I will still be the same weight and not have gained.

Tasha, I was wondering if you'd like to join me with the GI plan I'd be happy to share my menu's with you. Ediets have given me a menu of 1200-1300 calories a day.

Dizzy x

Any gyms close by to you? If so you should be able to manage to get to one before very long. I certainly feel better for making the effort but ofcourse it's early days.

Dizzy x

Its not the proximity, its the lack of time during the day when the kids are at school as i am at work, and then in the eve i have no one to look after them. I could get a babysitter in, if there was a local one available, which i dont think there is, but it becomes unaffordable then anyway, with babysitters fees and gym fees.:(

A saturday at home today. Kids have had birthday parties to be ferried to and from. DS1 is out at sleepover tonight and DS2 has a friend over for a sleepover. We finally put up the bathroom cabinet and 2 shelves today and bathroom is finally coming together. Lovely to put all my toiletries away and to hand at last. We have a 3rd shelf to fetch from Habitat Bluewater tomorrow then we can put that one up. Wonder how long it will take to get around to that?

Anyone tried buying anything from habitat lately? We always struggle for them to sell us anything these days. They always have a reason they can't sell you one it's crazy. I love Habitat so we still try to buy when we can. To get the cabinet it took quite a lot of effort, then we decided to get the matching shelves and have ended up buying from 2 stores and not our most local one. Bluewater will be quite a trek for us but I've always fancied taking a peak at it so don't mind too much. It just seems mad to have to go so far for something that isn't even discontinued. Ramble over!

Quite looking forward to trip out tomorrow actually but will need to get organised and drop off child and pick up DS1 and get there for Sunday opening. Oh boy, with 3 boys who don't want to go it's going to be tough!

Going to have a bash at the GI diet on Monday as planned for me by ediets. The menu does look great. Will see how good I am at sticking to the plan? mmm!

No exercise today and my abs are tender but not so bad. Monday morning aerobics class was fully booked so will just use the gym on Monday. Monday is the last day of my free week so will then need to join and make a monthly or yearly commitment.

Will weigh myself on Monday morning to start the new plan hopefully I will still be the same weight and not have gained.

Tasha, I was wondering if you'd like to join me with the GI plan I'd be happy to share my menu's with you. Ediets have given me a menu of 1200-1300 calories a day.

Dizzy x

Hi Dizzy

Sounds like you're feeling upbeat and in control which is great. Well done on joining the gym - sounds like you have got alot out of it this last week - hope that continues for you. Exercising does give you a buzz - I used to run 5 miles 3 time a week and felt incredible - its a self perpetuating circle - you feel good so you do some more - its the getting started thats tough so well done you!!!

Thanks for asking me to join you - I would love to - but that does depend on how much complicated cooking and preparing thats required - I looked at doing the food doctor and was totally put off by all the difference recipes. So if its not too time consuming - count me in!!

Am going to weigh myself tomorrow too - will post my 'starting' point!

Tasha

Hi Tasha

They give you a choice of convenience, make from scratch or combination when you choose you meal plan. I chose combination . The recipes so far don't seem to complicated but I did want to try some new recipes so will be happy to have a go at some of them. I will start tomorrow but maybe if I could get the meal plans, shopping list etc to you. You could start when you are ready. As you are about the same weight and height as me the plan should be correct for you to.

If you PM me your email address i will see if I can send you all the details. If you shop at tesco's it will be easier to find all the stuff on the menu.

Fingers crossed we both have maintained our weight this week but whatever will be will be!

Dizzy x

Starting Ediets GI plan today!

But failed at the first hurdle. Breakfast was mean't to be 1oz of wholegrain cereal with milk. Two slices of bread and 4oz baked beans. Well have you ever weighed out an ounce of all bran? I had to have a proper bowl full so didn't bother with the beans on toast this morning.

Half a carton of carrot and coriander soup for lunch. Have that in the fridge ready so should be able to stick to that OK.

Have to shop for aubergines to make the meal tonight. Happy to try out that new recipe.

Going to the gym later this morning but must get certain jobs done first.

Will update later on how I've got on with the rest of my first GI day.

Dizzy x

1oz of all bran - I gues that would be about 2 of the little sticks!!!!

How much does this Tesco diets costs - it may be worth me signing up - save you messing around getting stuff to me. I'll have a look.

Weighed myself this morning - 11/9 which is 3lbs down. If I can lose 2lbs per week steadily - thats got to be better than 6lbs down/7 lbs up/5lbs down/6 lbs up.

Have fun at the gym!!

Tasha

Hi Tasha

Well done on being 3lb down. I was still 11 stone 11lb forgot to mention that earlier.

When I joined ediets the other day they were giving you 1000 clubcard points for joining for 10 weeks at £2.99 a week. As I collect clubcard points this was a good deal for me because 1000 points are worth £40 in deals. If you collect points this may be worth you signing up. I'll check out if it is still on. I'm happy to pass on info to you however, but if you join you can tailor your program to suit you more specifically.

Will get back to you.

Dizzy x

Thanks for that Mandy. I must pop over to your thread and catch up. I think the GI foods are delicious and for me they are 'feel good' foods too. Hopefully now this is less about losing the last pounds and more about learning habits and finding foods to keep us both happy and healthy there after.

Good Luck Mandy!

Dizzy x

First GI day went pretty well!

Pretty pleased with how today went. Despite not following the plan starting with breakfast, I think my alterations are quite acceptable and within the GI plan.

So breakfast was bowl of all bran with semi-skimmed milk.

Lunch was Carrot and coriander soup and wholemeal bread crust. Couldn't eat the whole crust with the soup so toasted the rest and had low fat spread on it.

Then I went to the gym. Worked out again for 1 hour 15 mins. Burn't 700 calories + whatever calories I burned on the rower (4mins).

Couldn't start cooking until 5.15 pm so decided to have a slim a soup so I wasn't tempted to eat while cooking. Dinner was Aubergines, Potatoes and Tomatoes. I made double quantity and the other half I served up to the boys with some pasta. They didn't like it much but they enjoy trying new foods, the older 2 ate most of it but I wouldn't give it to them again.

After dinner I had Date and Walnut slice (yes it's in the plan!) and some fresh cherries (yum!).

I still have my evening snake to have which is a rye cracker and a tbsp of hummus.

I have been completely satisfied all day and am very happy with the food choices (love them!)

I have also drank more than 4 litres of water today. In addition to several black coffees and green teas.

I am pooped tonight but I imagine if I had eaten differently I would be even more tired.

Will try hard to have an earlier night tonight so will be shortly logging off, couple of jobs, shower and bed.

Dizzy x

Just spotted my typo. I am not having an evening snake it should be snack. My fingers are so naughty sometimes!

Dizzy x

Hey Dizzy, glad the day went well for you!!
Hopefully tomoro will be good as well and you will be seeing results pretty soon! ! Your doing really well and gyming it too....I bet you feel fab!

Yes I am feeling so much better. That few days of feeling so down was a wake up call to me. The exercise is brill at making you feel good emotionally too. Also think I am feeling a bit firmer already.

The GI diet was really satisfying yesterday didn't even bother with the evening snack as it was too late. I am not an evening snacker so maybe I should allow myself to have that snack earlier if wanted. If I had been able to have dinner earlier though an evening snack may have been nice.

Scales have already shown a 2lb loss as I was back to 11 stone 9lb this morning. I am going to give this my all as this could be a really long term way forward for me and the whole family. I also really love these kind of foods and they certainly help keep me feeling good.

Dizzy x

Back